Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    It's the standard 7-pin RV plug. It has the reverse light wiring.

and the center pin is the reverse lights

2. Member
    I have been sliding a piece of heat shrink that will fit over my splices down the wires, crimping them and then painting the wire where it exits the splice with Liquid Electrical tape. Then I slide the heat shrink over the splice and heat. It hermetically seals the conection, no water intrusion ever. A small bit of L E T slides out of the heat shrink if done properly.

3. Member
    Both sides of my turn and brake lights work, but the trailer lights do not. What could if be?

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfore View Post
    Both sides of my turn and brake lights work, but the trailer lights do not. What could if be?
    Fuse on your truck.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Which fuse?

6. Member
    I have a 2014 f 150 would it be the tow package fuse

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfore View Post
    I have a 2014 f 150 would it be the tow package fuse
    Likely in the box under the hood. There are at least 5 fuses for the trailer.
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    Thanks what made it blow?

9. Member
    I had Ford Escape, with the tow package, trailer lights weren't working. Kept checking all the wiring, turns out a relay, didn't come from the factory for the package. I had to order one online. I looked at the self serve junkyards, looked the same, but not the same.

10. Member
    My trailer wiring is a 4 wire setup. I found the solid green wire of the harness, right signal light, had broken at the connector. The only light which didn't function with this broken green wire was the right signal light. I replaced the trailer harness connector yet when I connected the white ground wire then plugged the connector into the trailer harness adapter then plug adapter into truck trailer light reciprocal I started truck turned lights on to test trailer lights function. A warning message appeared stating a wiring fault with trailer. I found the trailer lights worked a short time then went off I checked all wires to be correctly spliced to the right wires of the harness. I began diagnosis by disconnecting each wire individually then if not the problem reconnecting. I started with the white ground wire and lucky me when I disconnected the ground wire the wiring fault message went away. Can you help with what I might check or do in this situation? Thank You from Dan D.

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedboat View Post
    My trailer wiring is a 4 wire setup. I found the solid green wire of the harness, right signal light, had broken at the connector. The only light which didn't function with this broken green wire was the right signal light. I replaced the trailer harness connector yet when I connected the white ground wire then plugged the connector into the trailer harness adapter then plug adapter into truck trailer light reciprocal I started truck turned lights on to test trailer lights function. A warning message appeared stating a wiring fault with trailer. I found the trailer lights worked a short time then went off I checked all wires to be correctly spliced to the right wires of the harness. I began diagnosis by disconnecting each wire individually then if not the problem reconnecting. I started with the white ground wire and lucky me when I disconnected the ground wire the wiring fault message went away. Can you help with what I might check or do in this situation? Thank You from Dan D.
    Disconnecting the ground wire essentially removes all power to the trailer. Connect the white again and start with another wire.
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8127 View Post
    <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mt72916 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here is something that i recently observed to help remember which
    wire is the right or left turn signal wire.
    the color wire in question contains the letter in the correct direction
    when you throw out the vowels
    ie: gReen wire has an R for the right side
    yeLLow wire has L's for left side

i have no problem remembering tail is brown
    </TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh oh,
    greeN is on the North side and
    yelloW is on the West side
    I have no problem remembering Tail is BRown...My LOL for Daythx

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedboat View Post
    Ground (white) completes all the circuits on the trailer. When a new problem appears on a piece of equipment that was not there before repairs, one should re-inspect the repairs. The gReen wire is Right brake. The yeLlow wire is Left. The Brown is running lights and that's it on a 4 wire circuit.

Your truck is sensing one or more of these wires is on wrong or shorted to the frame, possibly open.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123