Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trailer wiring diagram...

Maybe this should get pinned to the top?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

This sucks but my passenger turn and break light wasn't working so I wigglwed the plug where it plugs into the adaptor cable going to my round truck plug. The lights came on so I said the heck with it. I cut the plugs off and hard wired them together. Now I can't get the passenger turn and break lights to come on at all. Couls I haver a blown fuse? Truck lights work fine.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    LED Upgrade.... I currently have the normal rear tail lights on my boat trailer and all functions operate just as they are supposed too. I decided to upgrade to the new LED and was told they were plug and play. I installed the LED and all functions work ecept for the turn signals. With the right on both tail lights flash. With the left turn on both tail lights flash. Since the LED have a positive and a negative, I am wondering wether they need to each have a seperate ground instead of a common ground. If anyone has experienced the same problem I would appreciate some imput. Thanks

John

4. Banned
    Nope, common ground or ground to frame is good. What LED lamps did you buy? did it come with a little power pack (resistor pack)? If it was designed for tail light functions it shouldn't. BUT if is some offshoot it might require a resistor pack. Show us a picture of the package or a link to where you got them from. I install LED lamps for auto/boat and never had that problem.

Is anybody familiar with the round trailer plug on a 2015 Ford truck? My truck is not available at this moment so I don't know how many pins it has. It has the towing package I know for sure. What I was needing to know is if one of the pins in the plug is for a reverse light so that I could run a extra wire from the trailer with backup lights and it would send power to the lights when put in reverse. Hope all this makes sense. Thanks...........
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Is anybody familiar with the round trailer plug on a 2015 Ford truck? My truck is not available at this moment so I don't know how many pins it has. It has the towing package I know for sure. What I was needing to know is if one of the pins in the plug is for a reverse light so that I could run a extra wire from the trailer with backup lights and it would send power to the lights when put in reverse. Hope all this makes sense. Thanks...........
    It's the standard 7-pin RV plug. It has the reverse light wiring.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    It's the standard 7-pin RV plug. It has the reverse light wiring.

and the center pin is the reverse lights

Awesome John, thanks for the info!!!
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

9. Member
    I have been sliding a piece of heat shrink that will fit over my splices down the wires, crimping them and then painting the wire where it exits the splice with Liquid Electrical tape. Then I slide the heat shrink over the splice and heat. It hermetically seals the conection, no water intrusion ever. A small bit of L E T slides out of the heat shrink if done properly.

10. Member
    Both sides of my turn and brake lights work, but the trailer lights do not. What could if be?

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfore View Post
    Both sides of my turn and brake lights work, but the trailer lights do not. What could if be?
    Fuse on your truck.
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    Which fuse?

13. Member
    I have a 2014 f 150 would it be the tow package fuse

14. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gfore View Post
    I have a 2014 f 150 would it be the tow package fuse
    Likely in the box under the hood. There are at least 5 fuses for the trailer.
    nothing else matters.​

15. Member
    Thanks what made it blow?

16. Member
    I had Ford Escape, with the tow package, trailer lights weren't working. Kept checking all the wiring, turns out a relay, didn't come from the factory for the package. I had to order one online. I looked at the self serve junkyards, looked the same, but not the same.