Which vault seal kit?

I have vault hubs with 2 inner seals leaking grease on a trailer for a 2017 Ranger 520c. Does anyone know which seal kit I would need and the best place to get it? Tried searching but couldn't definitively find an answer. Thanks!

Mike

2. Member
    The sticker on your trailer frame should identify axle capacity (4200 or 3500 lbs)…..which determines which vault hub parts you require. Call waymires and ask for Skip….he’ll square you away.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesney View Post
    I have vault hubs with 2 inner seals leaking grease on a trailer for a 2017 Ranger 520c. Does anyone know which seal kit I would need and the best place to get it? Tried searching but couldn't definitively find an answer. Thanks!

Mike
    I replied in the Ranger boat section. You can get everything you need from Dexter under warranty. I just went through this with a 2017 trailer that was built at the Ranger plant.

4. Member
    PM sent.

5. Member
    The seals are a 2.56 o.d x 1.56 I.d double lip seal. Most seal manufacturers use part #470460. I just picked up a couple National seals from Amazon for $8.14 each. What ever you buy make sure they are a name brand quality seal, not Chinese junk.
    Last edited by Blair B; 02-27-2022 at 12:31 PM.

6. Member
    1.68 ID for the seal.

7. Member
    Dont forget to replace sleeve

8. Member
    The vault system also uses a special UFP vault lube.

https://store.ezloader.com/custom-tr...rts-vault-lube

Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    I replied in the Ranger boat section. You can get everything you need from Dexter under warranty. I just went through this with a 2017 trailer that was built at the Ranger plant.
    How did you contact Dexter? I can't get anybody to return my call.

10. Member
    I used the Dexter site to look up a local dealer that sold those parts. Much easier and I didn’t have to pay shipping! You can also order straight from EZ Loader

11. Member
    Now is a perfect time to switch from the Vault hybrid grease to a regular marine grease. Exactly what I did when I had an early failure on one of my Vault hubs. You can use the all of the same parts, even the Vault cap. Just clean everything out well, replace the seal, and switch to regular grease. My boat manufacturer likes the Lucas or Valvoline red grease.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

12. Member
    I agree with catdude28

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Now is a perfect time to switch from the Vault hybrid grease to a regular marine grease. Exactly what I did when I had an early failure on one of my Vault hubs. You can use the all of the same parts, even the Vault cap. Just clean everything out well, replace the seal, and switch to regular grease. My boat manufacturer likes the Lucas or Valvoline red grease.
    Why switch from the hybrid grease? Is it a gimmick? Do the Lucas or valvoline not liquifiy like the hybrid grease and does that actually help?

Asking because I'm always changing failed parts (not necessarily the vault system parts) on my dads dual axel trailer and if there's something that works better I'm all for it.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlund View Post
    Why switch from the hybrid grease? Is it a gimmick? Do the Lucas or valvoline not liquifiy like the hybrid grease and does that actually help?

Asking because I'm always changing failed parts (not necessarily the vault system parts) on my dads dual axel trailer and if there's something that works better I'm all for it.
    If you blow a seal while towing, you will lose pretty well all of the liquified hybrid grease. At least with regular grease you will lose some but should be fine making it home.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

15. Member
    Lost a Vault cap 60 miles from home and made it home just fine.I like the Vault system.

Vault system is great (I've had it since 2014) but so is the ability to drop in at any auto parts store and buy what you need. You don't have that with a Vault system and that's the biggest downfall to it IMO.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Same here, one of mine is in my shop cleaned and ready to go back together as soon as I get a new seal. As the other 3 go bad I will do the same thing.

18. Banned
    I ordered full rebuild kits from Eastern Marine. They were $99 each and included the hub, bearings, seals, caps and grease.