Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar

Product Review Thread Only.

The product you are reviewing please have first hand experience with. Start off with the full product name, then be sure to give as much infomation as you can: Example, where did you buy the product, usability, durability, price, how long have you owned it, anything else you considered before you bought, ect.
    This is a product review thread only so please no discussions they will be deleted.

LeaLea

Under Armour lightweight field pants. i just found a brand new pair off of craigslist for $40.00 shipped. i got them friday and wore them hunting saturday morning. they are awesome pants for the money. they are thin and very light. it was in the low 50s and they kept me warm without anything on underneath them. great pants for the money and i would pay full retail if i had to for the same pair again. i think they will do good in colder weather with the addition of some cold gear underneath.

Under ArmourŪ Lightweight Performance Field Pants II for Men | Bass Pro Shops

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Rub line slime. I give this product 2 thmbs down. No interest an any trees I have applied this to and they quit using a rubbing tree after I applied it.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

I was thinking about trying the Rub line slime. Thanks Roddy, I wont waste my time or money on it now!

under armour ridge reaper soft shell jacket
    its worth every penny. i have had it a few weeks now but ut hasnt been cold enough until today to actually test it. it works great, looks great, and is very comfortable. i was hesitant of buying because the price, but now that i have it i want go with out one now. great product and i highly recommend it. btw it was low 30s this morning and all i had on was a camo under armour long sleeve shirt(non cold gear) never got the least bit cool.

went today after i got out of stand and purchased the ayton realtree ap bibs and also the thick winter gloves. will give feedback tomorrow for both

under armour ayton bibs

first off get a size larger so you can have room to layer. these are the best bibs ive ever worn. i know the price is a turning point for some people and it was for me until yesterday. i was at sportsmans warehouse and tried them on and ended up coming home with them. i hunted this morning and it was 45 degrees at first light. i had on the under armour field pants underneath and got to warm i would recommend these under the 40 degree mark. i now have all under armour gear except for the ridge reaper soft shell pants. they are the last on my list. great product i would recommend these to anyone

7. Member
    Easton RLI Tracer lighted nocks. They are garbage. bought a 2 pack, only one actually lights up when fired. the Velcro pads that you're supposed to use to mount the magnet to your bow are terrible and the Velcro will fail after a dozen shots. both nocks will activate for no reason at all. I have not and will not take these into the woods. as soon as I can make it back down to bass pro, I will return them. bottom line, i'm disappointed in this product, especially since I absolutely love Easton arrows. the only reason I strayed away from lumenok is because bass pro didn't have lumenok in stock for the size arrows i'm using this year; the Easton bloodline arrows.

Lacrosse Venom Scent 18". Havent tested them against any Rattlesnakes and dont plan to but theyre comfortable, easy to get on and off with the Zipper and adjustable depending on your clothes with the laces. Only complaint I have with them is that they dont have the speed laces on them. Makes it a little harder to get snug around your ankle. Almost have to start there when lacing your boots up. Waterproof up to about 15" of the 18". Nice comfortable pair of snakeproof boots for $160 where I am. I cant do the rubber snakeproof kind of boots. Something about that just doesnt sit well with me. These are typical type snakeboots, leather and fabric outers.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Finally located me a Savage b-mag, the new 17 wsm fastest rimfire in the world. I picked it up off of a guy who overspent on gun purchases. Got it for $400 w/ 2 boxes of ammo. The reviews mentioned the bolt was hard to close. I have not noticed any issues with this. It is a tack driver. The accu-trigger is a plus too. I've yet to blast any varmits so I cannot report on knock down power yet. A 20gr. bullet going 3000fps is bound to get the job done. Ammo is hard to find right now. I have been able to locate some boxes for $17/50rds. not shabby.

Good thread guys, let's keep it going with more reviews.

Clint I had that same problem, read in instrutions you have to put them back in sleep mode and the restart them!!
    Pat C. 95 Ranger R70 125 Merc. 56Th Tac Fighter Sq. 56Th SPS Sq. USAF

12. Member
    Merrill Waterproof Hiking boots....They are not waterproof at all, my feet got soaked walking across a dew covered field.. Cabelas was great and gave me store credit..Stick with Gore Tex,,,,,

Big-n-Beasty Brassicas from Frigid Forage have been a hit on my farm. I had a failed attempt at soy beans due to deer hammering them. broadcasted the brassica mix over them. Made for a good stand that the deer have been visiting since Early November. We've had 6-8" of snow and the deer have been in my plot on a regular basis. Nothing has been observed in a picked corn field, picked bean or standing bean field around my place. In the big-n-beastys every night. Took a nice 13pt. on the 9th out of them as well. Highly recommended plot mix.

14. Member
    Nebo CSI Edge flashlights...for $10-$12 it's hard to beat a pocket-sized light that performs as well as tactical lights costing 5x as much. Super bright, easy on the batteries and I haven't had one fail yet. Wish it was a little lighter but when I'm trying to find my way out of a swamp after dark I'm willing to lug an extra ounce for the extra brightness. If anything, it's a little too bright for heading in to the stand in the AM but I don't normally use one on the way to a stand anyway.

If I'm following a blood trail I prefer the wife's Nebo Redline for a much wider beam. It's too chunky to carry in my pocket comfortably all day though. Those run $25-$30.

Well we might as well stir things up a little. I bought a Scent Blocker Alpha coat on Ebay for 115.00 and a pair of the scent Blocker paints for 60.00. Good hunting clothing for a good price. Now I know there are a bunch of bio physicist out there that say it's a scam, most of these people have never tried these products. But anyway I bought the new Trinity laundry soap and the spray. Where we hunt we have no showers, so a wipe down in the river and a quick hair wash are all we have. I wear rubber boots and this SB on the outside. I wash and bag everything before we go, to get it as scent free as possible.
    On one of the morning stands we forgot to brush our teeth and found out how bad your breath can get. Kept my mouth covered with a new face mask wow was a long stand. When I got back I sprayed my mask with the SB Trinity spray my cousin ask me to spray his too. That evening no smell on the face masks!
    Thur. comes And I get busted by a 10 point that walked in behind me while im watching another deer. He leaves and that pretty much ends the morning stand. That evening he comes back but this time straight down wind. Now im thinking I don't care what you use to kill your scent im going to get busted. He walked right to my stand and had his nose up the hole time. he looked right at me this time I was ready and didn't move. he stood there and looked then turned and walked away and thats when I shot him . He's on the 2014 harvest thread! Im pleased with this Scent Blocker equipment and it did what it was supposed to. Check it out and see what you think. Pat C.
    Last edited by Pat C; 11-16-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Pat C. 95 Ranger R70 125 Merc. 56Th Tac Fighter Sq. 56Th SPS Sq. USAF

16. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I picked up a couple sets of Hawk aluminum climbing sticks. I have used the line wolf before but I thought o.would try these as they have steps on both sides very step. After using them for 2 months, I can't think of anything I would change other than selling them in 4 packs instead for 3 packs.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I picked up a couple sets of Hawk aluminum climbing sticks. I have used the line wolf before but I thought o.would try these as they have steps on both sides very step. After using them for 2 months, I can't think of anything I would change other than selling them in 4 packs instead for 3 packs.
    I'm with you. I prefer steps on both sides when putting them up or tying off at the top, etc. Neuropathy in the left leg means any standing on the ladder is with the right foot

18. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    XOP Air raid stand. Been using it for almost 2 months. Very nice stand, the ability to adjust the platform and seat angle to match your tree is great. My only complaint is my foot sometimes leans into the clearance cast aluminum and I briefly feel like I am stepping off the side of the stand.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    XOP Air raid stand. Been using it for almost 2 months. Very nice stand, the ability to adjust the platform and seat angle to match your tree is great. My only complaint is my foot sometimes leans into the clearance cast aluminum and I briefly feel like I am stepping off the side of the stand.
    My son just got the Novix ECHO hang on and I would say it is a step above the XOP stand I have. Lighter, higher quality casting and made in the USA
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    My son just got the Novix ECHO hang on and I would say it is a step above the XOP stand I have. Lighter, higher quality casting and made in the USA
    I've been looking at them but nobody has them locally to see first hand, does it really just weigh 11.5 lbs like their website lists or is that just the platform part not counting the rest of the treestand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast