1950 built Browning A5 3" Magnum

Thinking about selling it, thinking. Build date 1950. I'd call it a 9 out of 10, for 60 years old. Not really finding a site to determine a value on it. Any help would be appreciated.Serial # 68V 29997
    Last edited by quixtr; 01-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.

What length barrel?Should be worth quite a bit...love those old humpbacks

3. Member
    I remember having to replace a barrel on a Light A5 that belonged to my brother after i filled it with mud and pulled the trigger, bit of an accident. My fault. This one is a vent rib, with a 32" Full choke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quixtr View Post
    Thinking about selling it, thinking. Build date 1950. I'd call it a 9 out of 10, for 60 years old. Not really finding a site to determine a value on it. Any help would be appreciated.Serial # 68V 29997
    The gun is built in 1968 according to sn you listed 68 =year, V=magnum The rest is the sn. Depending on the shape and if you have the manuals and the box it came in it could be worth anywhere from $700 to 1100 unless it has never been fired and is like new then maybe around $15oo.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kah3710 View Post
    The gun is built in 1968 according to sn you listed 68 =year, V=magnum The rest is the sn. Depending on the shape and if you have the manuals and the box it came in it could be worth anywhere from $700 to 1100 unless it has never been fired and is like new then maybe around $15oo.
    Good deal, it looked to me that 2 digit number began in 1969, but what do I know. Can you tell me what the V was for on the 68 model, thanks for the help

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quixtr View Post
    Good deal, it looked to me that 2 digit number began in 1969, but what do I know. Can you tell me what the V was for on the 68 model, thanks for the help
    As stated in my post the" V "stands for magnum

As you and I have discussed, I would be interested in seeing it. Please send me pictures to jasonhale24@gmail.com
    I'd like to see how it compares to my A-5 collection. Gotta love a nice A-5.
    Last edited by Jason Hale; 01-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.

8. Member
    I'll try to do that tonite, thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hale View Post
    As you and I have discussed, I would be interested if you decide to sell it. Please send me pictures to jasonhale24@gmail.com
    The worst thing that can happen is I see a beautiful A-5.
    can I post a few pictures on this thread?

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Guys, just a reminder, there is to be no selling guns or buying guns on these forums. Public offers to buy or sell will result in threads being deleted.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Guys, just a reminder, there is to be no selling guns or buying guns on these forums. Public offers to buy or sell will result in threads being deleted.
    That's why I asked, thanks, no prob

Just to clarify I am not interested in it, nor am I interested in seeing the pics if you are sending them out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark from NY View Post
    Just to clarify I am not interested in it, nor am I interested in seeing the pics if you are sending them out.
    Me too, I won't send you the pictures that I have to get around not sending. I suppose it would be ok not to send them in a personal message.I'm just checkn I'm just havin fun

14. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Buying or selling guns on the BBC could possible open up legal actions for the site owner. I advise everyone not to even suggest this type of action.
    And we also have a thread pinned at the top stating no items for sale on this forum since 3-29-2009, and now a little extra added to that.
    Last edited by Wags; 01-05-2013 at 01:36 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Buying or selling guns on the BBC could possible open up legal actions for the site owner. I advise everyone not to even to suggest this type of action.
    And we also have a thread pinned at the top stating no items for sale on this forum since 3-29-2009, and now a little extra added to that.
    I have no intentions of doing that, thanks for the warning