Thread: New CCW toy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

New CCW toy

Been hard to get around here. But finally got my XDS!

They are hard to get everywhere

i've been wanting one as well. i just gave up looking. let us know how you like it.

Very nice.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paw paw View Post
    i've been wanting one as well. i just gave up looking. let us know how you like it.

Shot my friends XDS and liked it a lot. Been looking hard for 2 months and finally found one today. I plan on putting some rounds through mine this weekend. I'll report back then.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I want one!!!!!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

you will like it, I have put 1500 rounds through mine with zero issues.

What caliber? I'm looking for a CCW & have it narrowed down to a few to look at. Now the problem is finding them anywhere.

9. Banned
    The XDS is a .45acp.

10. Member
    I love mine.. Very reliable and easy to carry, concealed or open. You wont be sorry. They are surprisingly controllable for such a lightweight gun in .45 acp.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

11. Banned
    Well, I made time today to put some rounds thru the XDS. I was pleasantly surprised at how it performed right out of the box. I put 60 rounds thru it with no problems at all. Only issue was for the first couple mags it was kinda tricky racking the first round. But after the first couple it racked with no issue. Must be a break in thing. No FTF, I ran 3 different brands thru it with no problems. It was surprising how controllable the XDS was for such a compact .45 . Looks like my LC9 will go in the safe for awhile, think I found a new carry weapon.

They had ONE XDS down here where I am and it sold in a matter of minutes the minute they unpacked it.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneFisherman View Post
    They had ONE XDS down here where I am and it sold in a matter of minutes the minute they unpacked it.

Thats the way it's been around here. I finally was in the right place at the right time. I put 40 more rounds through it today with zero problems. Now I gotta get me some extended 7 round mags for it. So far it's a great gun !

They had another one there that I was thinking about but the grips were too small and the lady showed me a glock 22 and I think I'm sold on it. I have a milenium pro that's heavy and doesn't feel as good as the light glock and the springfields

shot one of them a few weeks ago when i was doing some gun shopping and they are a nice gun thats for sure. i ended up getting a XDm 3.8 that day it was the last one the gun shop had

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneFisherman View Post
    They had another one there that I was thinking about but the grips were too small and the lady showed me a glock 22 and I think I'm sold on it. I have a milenium pro that's heavy and doesn't feel as good as the light glock and the springfields

I have no personal opinion on the Glock 22 cause I've never shot that model. But, I do have a Glock 36 gen3 which would be more comparable to the XDS. I'll just say the Glock isn't for me, it's gonna be trade bait for what ever I decide I "need" next. My advice is try to shoot one before you buy and buy what "you" like.

17. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have owned a few springfields, and I always end up back at glock Just because I shoot a glock better, but This will be my next pistol purchase.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

18. Member
    Springfield is coming out with a XDS in a 9mm this year. I've heard this summer for the 9mm. A 40 s&w is coming also but have not heard a date for it
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Hard to beat an XD. Congrats on the purchase.

Benjamin Franklin, 1759 - "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Springfield is coming out with a XDS in a 9mm this year. I've heard this summer for the 9mm. A 40 s&w is coming also but have not heard a date for it

They have not announced a 40 cal yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast