battery chargers??????

2 or 3 bank?which type/brand.which one really charges the batteries to FULL charge??????

Modified by tx-xpress at 4:39 PM 2/3/2008
    Tight Lines and Happy Times

Re: battery chargers?????? (tx-xpress)

banks are for how many batteries you want to charge each bank equals 1 battery 2 bank for 2 batteries.

I use Dual Pro chargers work great I hear Guest are great also. Pro tournament chargers wook good also as I like mine in my tin boat.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com

3. Procraft 170BASS

Re: battery chargers?????? (racefan)

i use the bas pro shop one that is 3 banks 1 start, 2 troll-1,3 troll-2. all banks are 5 amps. takes like one night to charge fully, but i like the low amps so the batteries are not being force to charge and cooked at the same time

Re: battery chargers?????? (vinnie)

I have a dual pro(2 banks) that came new on the boat in 1999 still works great. Never had any problems. I am actually upgrading and looking to buy a three bank same brand since this one has worked so well for me. If you google dual pro you can even get a little better price on factory reconditioned units. Haven't done it before but the factory warranties them as "like new"

I just listed my charger for sale
    http://www.bbcboards.net...55336
    Let me know if you are interested.

6. Member

Re: battery chargers?????? (cull25)

thanks for all the feed back-i broke down and bought a new minn kota mk330 for $170 @west boats in mesquite tx-it got some good reviews and had a great price.

7. Member

Re: battery chargers?????? (vinnie)

thanks for the info-i checked out bass pro and others and bought a minn kota mk330

nice let me know how it works. Never used one. How much does it weigh? Someone already bought mine tonight. This site is great.

So wait you only paid $170 for that. I think it is close to $300 at basspro.

10. Member

yup (say it like earl schibe the car painter) only $170! Butch@west gave me a great deal-it charges at 10amp per bat and when fully charged turns into a battery maintainer. weighs in at just under 20lbs..10amp is the hardest I'll charge my bats at. takes about 4-8hrs to fully charge them depending on the drainage.the cheapest i cound find them anywhere was *bay for $235-300 plus shipping of $50-$75.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cull25 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So wait you only paid $170 for that. I think it is close to $300 at basspro.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are $290 @ BPS. I bought one a couple years ago for 205 and thought it was a heck of a deal. 170 is practically stealing!!!!

BTW - I love it so far!

Re: battery chargers?????? (AmesHusker)

AmesHusker,
    Might have to do it. I have had really good luck with the Dual Pro but may have to break down.

Also I just moved from Des Moines out to NJ and I really am gonna miss some of those lakes out there man. The funny thing is when I was told I had to move to Iowa in 2004 i was pissed because i didn't think the fishin would be worth anything. However those lakes are fertile. Do you fish in a club. I am sure we have probably ran into each other somewhere. Plus you really can't beat the MS River.

I like Promariner. They also make chargers for Cabelas and Bass Pro. Bass and Walleye Boats magazine had a charger test a while back and the Promariner stuff really impressed me. Some of the big name chargers tested didnt ever completely recharge a drained battery!! Talk about short battery life!

14. Member

Re: battery chargers?????? (Klinger N Ok)

i read some of the same articles on chargers.the newer ones are supposed to charge to full.i take a battery checker to them just to make sure-so far so good-any how for the price i bought it at i'm happy.the ones you mentioned also have great reviews too. just buy what makes you happy---smooth water and hard hits.

15. Member

Re: battery chargers?????? (Texas Xpress)

My SL210 came with a two bank MK220. I wanted the third bank for the starting battery, and found a new one (MK330) that a guy won in a tourney on ebay. Got it for $175, and the guy was local, so I picked it up to save shipping. Put the MK220 on ebay (it was 4 months old) and sold it for $135. $40 invested in the third bank, and I'm a happy camper.

Yes, $170 is a GREAT price on the MK330.

Jeff

SkeeterJeff
    \'07 Skeeter SL210
    200 Yamaha VMax HPDI