Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: (bass boss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bass boss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
    This is some schools of baitfish.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is your exhaust / propwash.

Modified by Fishton at 7:48 PM 2/24/2010

Re: (Fishton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fishton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It is your exhaust / propwash. </TD></TR></TABLE>
    I was just informed. I was just about to delete that pic.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

3. Member

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (thechaz65)

Thought I'd toss a few up here as well. So far very impressed with the LSS, still tweaking but looking like it's a winner.

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (HiTorq)

Here are some more shots .

This is a bridge I went under. you can see the rip rap swing around the point.

This is another bridge I went under and you can see a good size school of bait or fish.

More bait fish or fish.

Here are some nice stumps or brush piles. I like how you can also see a drop off or ledge in the top right of this pic.

Here are some rock piles I found and other things.

Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

5. Member
    nice shots ,why in the world can't we see some pics from the hd5 with s/s

mark

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (bass boss)

what lake bass boss.....im from nc also

7. Banned

Great shots. This surprises me, because everything I read on the HB board says that the Structure scan is not even close the the quality of SI. Guess that myth is busted.

I should be able to purchase the SS package within a month or so. Can't wait to get it and get on the water.

What unit are you using for these?

8. Member

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (mduncan62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mduncan62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great shots. This surprises me, because everything I read on the HB board says that the Structure scan is not even close the the quality of SI. Guess that myth is busted.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

From 60ft things start to become a bit 'hazey' on SideScan. But 150ft+ on DownScan is still great.

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (Fishton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fishton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

From 60ft things start to become a bit 'hazey' on SideScan. But 150ft+ on DownScan is still great. </TD></TR></TABLE>
    I dont see any use for BASS applications in 30 feet deep or deeper water anyway. Yea it nice to see trees and structure in 100 ft water but what does it matter? In NC, bass are seldom in water greater than 30ft and if they are i'm not gonna catch them anyway. I'm sure in time better software updates will allow the SS to achieve longer side scans while in shallower water.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Eric, you got some nice screen shots. I also like that #5 pallete. Looks like you have it dialed in. Keep them coming.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member

You need to travel a little more...if you aren't finding rockpiles and trees in 50+ feet of water you aren't winning tournaments out here right now. We often fish deep water and without these units you are at a serious disadvantage.

I also use StructureScan on my Boston Whaler in saltwater where we are usually fishing deep water.
    ciao,
    Marc

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (Marc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to travel a little more...if you aren't finding rockpiles and trees in 50+ feet of water you aren't winning tournaments out here right now. We often fish deep water and without these units you are at a serious disadvantage.

I also use StructureScan on my Boston Whaler in saltwater where we are usually fishing deep water. </TD></TR></TABLE>
    That is why I said "I" and "in NC" along with "bass applications". I probably should have said 50ft also. I know some from other parts of the country fish alot deeper. I never target bass deeper thand 20 ft thou.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

13. Member

Re: (procraftmark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by procraftmark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice shots ,why in the world can't we see some pics from the hd5 with s/s

mark</TD></TR></TABLE>

Once my other ethernet cable shows up I'll SS a few HDS 5 screenies and post em up for ya

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!

14. Member
    thnx Hi T

mark

15. Member

Nice shots, bass boss. Keep them coming!

I'm curious as to why the SS becomes very dark beyond about 50'. Is there a brightness or contrast setting that might illuminate this part of the scan?

Is there a blue pallot similar to the HB?

Thanks again for the great shots.

Tight Lines,
    BT

2007 Skeeter 20i
    Yamaha VMax 250

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (basstrix)

Basstrix, the darkness you are talking about is a mystery to me also. The real dark shots are the bank in some of my pics. On some of the other it just gets darker the further out it goes. I could probably lighten it up some, but I kinda like it the way it is. I hope future updates will allow the SS to achieve further side scans in shallower water. Here are some more pics from today. I pulled 8 bass up from some of these spots.

Check out this sunken boat.

Here it is again from the other direction.

Here are two nice ditches or little feeder creeks.

Thats all from today. I spent more time fishing than idling today. I going back tomorrow. If I see anything nice, I'll take some more shots.

I know I showed this the other day but I went over it again today and I really like this pic better. This is the same tree from the other day.

Modified by bass boss at 10:37 PM 2/26/2010
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

17. Member

Re: (bass boss)

bass boss in your last pic it shows your in about 14 ft of water,the cursor is about 10 ft, across the cursor it says 29 ft ''''''' is that how far away you are from the object ????

OK guys this is what I got today. I have found that it you put the SS in 455 khz you can see out alot farther with a little less detail. Just think about, if your scanning 400 ft of total coverage the details are gonna be small anyways. I took the SS off auto and put in manual. I have my surface clutter on and noise reject set to med.

I went back into the cove were I found that tree that I posted earlier. I manually set the side scan to 180 feet in each direction. This covered the whole small creek I was in and the real dark are is the bank on both sides. You can see my tree, It was 100 ft away from were I was. You can also see all the little coves and nooks. The water dept was around 10 ft.

Here is the same area coming back out. I moved the cursor near the tree so you could see how far away I was from it.

This shot was taken almost at the back of that little creek. The water was only 5 feet deep. Again the real dark area is the bank. You can see docks as well.

These are some various shot I took in the wide scan mode. Notice that the water depth is 10-20 foot deep in some of the areas.

After I saw some of the wide scan areas I went back on the 800khz to get a better look at some of the structure.

Thats all for the next week or so. As you can clearly see, the SS can see a good ways off to either side.

Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

19. Member

Great pictures! Glad you switched back and forth...great example of how the different frequencies behave.

My system is on back order...can't wait to get i installed.

Tight Lines,
    BT

2007 Skeeter 20i
    Yamaha VMax 250

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Lowrance StructureScan Screen Shots (basstrix)

Nice pics. Like the wide views and you can clearly see the docks. Keep them coming.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast