Thread: HDS10 question

HDS10 question

say I fished Lanier 3 weeks ago, now I go fish Logan Martin this last Sunday. This not a Insight unit and I have the correct chip but when chart is chosen it is still showing my last trip to Lanier and the display isn't moving. It's like locked on last frame of Lanier with a line west to east and north to south like cross hairs and just fixed. Do I need to go to menu and select the chip or something? Thanks.....G

"Clear Cursor"? And is the boat inside where it can't see the satellites or outside where it can?
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

How do I clear cursor?

Menu for the screen you're on should show on the left side of the screen and at the top it should say "Clear Cursor", tap it. The attached video will show you how. It will, if that is the problem, remove the cursor showing were you were (Lake Lanier) to your present boat position, assuming the boat is not in a garage where it might not detect the GPS satellites.

Last edited by OBT; 09-25-2019 at 08:18 PM.

It's in it's garage but I will try this next time out, we can usually fish year round. Thanks again...….G

6. Member
    I'd imagine the unit had been powered off between trips, right? and when it rebooted, it should have started off fresh at the new location?

You’d think so but there are times when I fire mine up in the garage several days after being at a lake and the cursor is on that last lake. Not sure why. Maybe it defaults to the last position it had a satellite connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    It's in it's garage but I will try this next time out, we can usually fish year round. Thanks again...….G
    That won’t work for you because that if how you do it with a touch screen. If it is the cursor, pressing the exit key should clear it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    You’d think so but there are times when I fire mine up in the garage several days after being at a lake and the cursor is on that last lake. Not sure why. Maybe it defaults to the last position it had a satellite connection.

If you power on your unit and it can't access the satellites, then of course it's going to show it's last known position. It's going to show it's last known position until it gets a fix on at least three satellites.

I did have a chance to run the boat and HDS10 and all I did was put in the card and tap EXIT and bingo the screen came to life. Thanks Guy's.……...G