Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Aretha Franklin? WTF

2. Precision Sonar
    copy copy copy.jpgWhile my clients and I have been spending a fair amount of time shallow we haven’t completely abandoned deeper water in the bays, especially when we’re dealing with the November cold fronts we’ve been having lately. We’re finding fish feeding in the deeper creeks, mainly during and right after a frontal system passes. 10-12 feet seems to be the right depth and where the creek swings against a chunk rock bank. My clients have been catching some really good fish too. The photo gives you a good idea of exactly what I’m talking about. The screen shows a school of Largemouth bass aggressively feeding on baitfish. We marked the location and worked a Steel Shad blade bait thru the school catching 5 of the 8 bass shown on the screen with 3 of the fish being 4 pounders. Not huge fish but anytime your clients catch fish like that on back to back to back casts it’s exciting for everyone. No doubt, without our Lowrance HDS System no way would we have known that this opportunity even existed.
    Participate in Kick’n Bass “On the Water” sonar class and you’ll learn how to use modern technology to find fishing hotspots like this and become a better fisherman. Get it right the first time. For your “On the water Sonar Class” contact Lowrance Pro Staffer Randy Kuhens at rk@kicknbass.net or call 270-703-6133

3. Member
    HDS8 with Structure Scan, use 8G San Disk, no problem. If playing SL2 files on PC with Sonar Viewer, you can also take PrtScrn shots and copy them to e.g. Word. Good Luck!

Took these today, pretty cool I thought.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Took these today, pretty cool I thought.

Stat off my spot, Grandpa...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well this weekend was my first trip out with SS on the bow since installed it and also with the latest update they just released for the gen 1 units....all these shots were taken with my LSS on the bow...when i started marking these fish i back off the best i could with the 20 mph winds and actually caught some of them on c-rig...

Fish holding on bottom:

Just some basic grass pics:

These pictures are pretty much what mine looked like the first time out... What settings do I need to change to get that "foggy" look out of the screen and make it crisp looking?

7. Member
    I reposted the above photos to give an idea of what they look like right out of the box.... This "foggy" look is what I got. Now what do I need to do to give it a prettier picture?

8. Banned
    If you have the same clutter on sonar and SI/DI then you won't get a pretty picture. That is algae bloom, plankton, soot, mud or something in the water column. 2d sonar might not be pretty but it does not lie! If it's showing something then something is down there, just no telling what it is.

9. Member
    my hummingbird 998 was perfectly clear, I guess It's just gonna take me a while to get used to the grainy look of the Hds. But If I could get the pictures to look like the green ones i'd be thrilled..... And it was basically a clear lake, meaning you can see 1 foot or more. Funny thing was when it first came on it was perfect just for about 30 seconds then it got cloudy like the blue pic's above.... Thinking something on auto setting... auto tuned it's self. I'm just gonna have to spend some time with it.

10. Banned
    No, that's BS! You should be getting clean images and you need to call Lowrance and see if maybe your ducer needs to be sent back or if there's something you need to do. Do not keep it like it is, you paid too much money for subpar performance!

11. Member
    O.k. next trip I'll take some pictures and see if there's a problem.... I really thought I should be getting clean images though too. I'll have some pictures to post Saturday evening or Sunday. Thinking possibly I have a bad lss-2 box because it doesn't come on every time either.

12. Member
    jimmyfreeland:

I think you need to experiment at different lakes and different water temps and conditions. I think you will see considerable variation in picture quality as others have described above. My Gen 2 HDS units very from crystal clear to "foggy" as you describe. The clearest pics seem to come during the winter. If you scroll up through the pics that you reposted, you will see one that appears to have a mid-water band of cloudy water. Not the unit's fault but probably a density difference at the thermocline or plankton. In one very clear deep lake (Devils Kitchen) here in southern IL, the larval stage of the phantom midge makes a daily migration through the water column. This migration plays havoc with looking for fish over deep water.

More experience with your units will lead to some ah ha moments when you realize that what you think is a problem, is really an opportunity to learn more about the lake you are fishing.
    Last edited by csurp; 03-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.

13. Member
    I've been driving through Marion every weekend csurp.... The foggy images came from Lake of Egypt.... O.K. here's a more appropriate question for this thread..... How do I post pictures here from photobucket? I did one and it was tiny. And how do you do more than one at a time, like to put a few pictures on one post. I can't seem to post more than one at a time and their all very small.
    Last edited by jimmyfreeland; 03-12-2014 at 11:49 PM.

14. Banned
    Copy the "img" code (it's the last one of the 4 codes) and then paste it directly to where you would type. It will say "blah blah blah.img but when you post it, it will be full size. Then press "return" a few times and copy the next pic, you have to copy & paste each one individually.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 03-12-2014 at 08:40 PM.

15. Member
    ok now I'm not too bright when it comes to software.... so how do I copy more than one without having to close the bbc site to go to photobucket to copy another photo?

16. Banned
    I do it from my iPhone and I have to minimize BBC everytime to go back to photobucket. If doing it from a pc you might have to post and edit to add more pics. This crap ain't always easy, lol.

17. Member

First time out with my LSS2 install yesterday, dont know how I went so long without it. fished 2 hours, ended up with 9 fish, big bass going 7 pounds. The SS put me on the fish

18. Member
    jimmyfreeland:

If you fish Lake of Egypt regularly, I could meet you there sometime. I am far from expert but might be able to help you having used these HDS units for a couple of years now.

Give me a little advanced warning and maybe we could set something up.

19. Member
    O.K. thanks... I've been going every weekend but am skipping this one due to the Crappie USA megatournament. My pictures don't look like the above guys right out of the box though, I do know that.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfreeland View Post
    O.K. thanks... I've been going every weekend but am skipping this one due to the Crappie USA megatournament. My pictures don't look like the above guys right out of the box though, I do know that.

i didn't look at who posted them and I assumed you had. Well I was thinking "what in the hell is he talking about, those a pretty good"! Lol

please keep in mind you have your transducer bolted to a rod that can spin, nothing about that setup says "proper".

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast