USA Series of Videos to Help with Ghost 360 Software Installation

Yesterday I published on my YouTube channel a series of videos to help answer questions about updating units and the Ghost to be able to display and use Ghost 360. These take considerable time to produce, and especially edit, so if please like and subscribe if these help you and I will do more in the future.

And just one more recent video to help all Active Target users learn a tip on mounting your Active Target transducer so you don't lose the knob, and so you can rotate the transducer without loosening the knob:

Hope this helps!
    ciao,
    Marc

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank you for doing this.

One question ?........ Do you have to do the updates in any particular order other than MFD first?
    Last edited by limit5bass; 01-16-2022 at 10:08 AM.

3. Member
    Once all the head units are updated, you can do everything else in whatever order you want. I did bow Live, console Carbon, Ghost, and then Structure 3D.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Moderator
    Thank you for the videos.

6. Member
    Mark, thanks again, you videos are so easy to follow and helpful to me an others. Thanks for your time and knowledge!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Once all the head units are updated, you can do everything else in whatever order you want. I did bow Live, console Carbon, Ghost, and then Structure 3D.

NoCAL
    Hello Eric, can you please be more specific on what you mean by head unit updates? Thank you Sir, Allen

8. Member
    Head units refers to MFD's...now you ask what are MFDs? Multi-Functional Displays (MFDs) is the correct term for what we used to call "graphs." Since Lowrance (and other brands) units now are multi-functional (sonar, chart, GPS, SideScan, DownScan, etc.) calling them graphs is outdated. More correctly they are referred to as Multi-Functional Displays (MFDs) but since many people don't know what THAT means, others use the term "head units". Hope that clears it up....
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    And to those who thanked me for the videos, you are welcome. This sport has given me a lot over the years, and I am happy to pay it forward.
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 01-17-2022 at 12:30 AM.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Head units refers to MFD's...now you ask what are MFDs? Multi-Functional Displays (MFDs) is the correct term for what we used to call "graphs." Since Lowrance (and other brands) units now are multi-functional (sonar, chart, GPS, SideScan, DownScan, etc.) calling them graphs is outdated. More correctly they are referred to as Multi-Functional Displays (MFDs) but since many people don't know what THAT means, others use the term "head units". Hope that clears it up....
    Thank you Marc for helping us all out.

11. Member
    i got a question for ya marc, do i need to do the update if i dont have the ghost trolling motor. i got the ultrex and a carbon and a live unit

12. Member
    If you don't have a Ghost or AT, this is the only improvement mentioned unrelated to those peripherals

Software Improvements and Fixes
    It has been reported from some users setting up multiple Water Depth sources as overlay data that one of them can sometimes get locked up and hang on a certain depth, this has been corrected.

Up to you. I believe Marc will answer the same way, it's always best to keep your units up to date on software updates.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fxphil View Post
    i got a question for ya marc, do i need to do the update if i dont have the ghost trolling motor. i got the ultrex and a carbon and a live unit
    Especially with currently supported units (LIVES, Carbon, EliteFS) I always recommend updating to the latest software. This keeps your units working at their best with both older and new accessories, map cards, etc. And when you update one, you should update all to the same software version to avoid mismatched data and stranger behavior. That is my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    ciao,
    Marc