Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Anyone need help with a VA Claim???????

I'm not a expert on it but I can give some advice on what I do know and what I have picked up over the years helping others Veterans. Even if you don't want help remember...DO NOT GIVE UP, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING BUT IT'LL BE WORTH THE STRUGGLE. If you want to listen to the problem you're having send me a IM .

2. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (deadringer6)

Yes! I'm receiving 20% disability and it's combat related (agent orange). I'm working on the application, but can't find the VA Codes for the disability. There has to be a table somewhere that provides the codes for each problem. I've held up filing for CRSC pay because I can't find the codes they request. Thanks, Bill

3. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (wtaylor418)

You <U>don't have to have any codes</U> to fill out the application. Someone is tell you wrong. It can be filled out in writing in your own words on a plan sheet of paper and they have to accept it.
    If you want to tell me more my email is cthudson@bellsouth.net
    Are you filling for a higher rating on the 20 percent or another different problem
    to receive the CRSA PAY.

Carl

4. Member
    my dr. at the VA Hosp. requested I be raised from 30% to 100% for my PTSD Compensation, 9 mths ago. I never heard anything yet, is there a way to follow up with the review board or do i just sit tight ?
    Just James

5. Member

Re: (vnvjames)

VNVJAMES.. You can call 1 800 827 1000 8am-4:30 M-F , give them your claim number and ask for the status of your claim, also ask for the location of your file.
    That will tell you who is looking at your claim. 9 months is way to long for a claim
    that was recommended by a VA Dr.

Did you file the claim yourself? Even though the Dr. recommended it you should still file the claim for a higher rating for PTSD. Get a copy from the VA of what the Doctor said. Sometimes medical reports can brushed under the table, keep copies of everything. <U>don't give up.</U>

6. Member

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I currently have a 10% rating due to ankle injury and feel that my knee has gone bad as a long term result. I would like to be re-evaluated. I called the local Texas Veterans Commision or something like that and they told me to go pay for a doctors evaluation on my own and then submit as evidence.

7. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (tx_basser)

Tx...have you tried talking to the DAV yet?
    you should not have to put forth any of you own money at all.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

8. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (tx_basser)

tx-basser...
    Go to your local VA office. Tell him that you want to file a claim for a higher
    rating on your ankle injury and also a initial claim on your knee as as a secondary
    injury resulting from your ankle. I'm sure that you have a County Veterans Affairs officer. If not... Hand write it on plane paper the way I worded it above and mail it to your TX regional VA Office. Make sure you sign and it and also put your VA claim number on it. Your claim number will be the same as you have now. It's actually a file number and it'll never change. Keep a copy of the letter and mail it return receipt requested, that will date your claim and give you proof of the claim
    being filed. If I can be of more help email me at cthudson@bellsouth.net.
    Carl

9. Member

Thanks Carl,

I am going to start this after the 1st of the year and see what happens. I was not too keen of going out and spending a bunch of my own money to get some medical evidence.

10. Banned
    Carl......someone mentioned sleep apnea as being cause for a certain percentage of disability.........is that true?? Not asking for myself but for my father in law........Also wasn't there a thing for type II diabetes??
    Maybe I heard wrong......someone on the BBC mentioned it a few months ago.

11. Member

Re: (CrazyElvis)

Elvis, Not sure about the sleep apnea but the type II diabetes has been length to the spraying of agent orange over the heavy vegatated jungles of Vietnam. Being in the area where it was sprayed or handling it in any way could be cause for a claim. Have your father-in-law contact his local VA or DVA office. Skip

12. Member

Re: (Skip)

CE.....diabetes Type ll is automatic approval for in country Vietnam Veterans for compensation up to 100 percent .Sleep Apnea could be in it started in service or was caused by a in-service illness. Go to http://www.va.gov and you can apply on line and it will also tell
    you more about diabetes.
    my email is cthudson@bellsouth.net if you want to email me direct about it.
    Thanks,
    Carl

13. Member

deadringer6 (Carl), Your doing a grand and honorable thing with this site. I commend you, as others do with the effort your putting forth for all veterens. God bless America and our military.
    Sandy

14. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (ogcj)

Thanks Sandy...
    We're all one team and all of us ,you included will do what we can to help our veterans.

15. Member

I've been in the VA system for 14 years. I wouldn't mind helping someone out in the TN area if they need it. Carl obviously has it going as far as paper work, but I can help with people in the Mountain Home VA. Just IM me.

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (Tritonbmc)

CE;

By being "stationed" in country, the VA has granted a presumtion of exposure to ALL Vietnam veterans. Thus, he should be eligible for any and all testing for any resulting problems.

As to sleep apnea. He will have to go through an overnight sleep test to determine if he indeed has this. I did this about 10 months ago, and I pegged it big time. I now wear a "harness" as I call it. And beleive it or not it helps tremendously.

The type II diabetes is an automatic 10%, and if he takes any type of medication, it is 20% max. In other words 10% for having it, and a max of 20% for having it, and taking meds.

Another thing to look at is RLS, or, restless leg syndrom. Which is the legs looking like they twitch, or move while he is asleep. This is quite common with the Diabetes and apnea.

BTW, all these tests are free, if his VA doctor recommends them.

17. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (namgrunt)

namgrunt, I sure do have the leg twitch along with some heavy ZZZs so my wife tells me maybe I should get it checked out. Do you sleep well with a tank and mask?

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (NAMVET)

Hello NAMVET!!

After a night of getting used to something on my face, it was not a problem.
    Because of the rating of my apnea, I was originally given what is called a C-Pap.
    But, the respitory therapist picked up on my results, and my complaint that I personally didn't like the full nose/mouth mask, she told me I needed a Bi-Pap instead of the C-Pap. The Bi-Pap is like a nasal canula that sits at the nostrils, and is held in place with velcro'd straps around the top of your head, and also holds the tube in place that supplies the O2. Sounds crazy I know, but is light and not uncomfortable.
    A C-Pap provides constant pressure, where the Bi-Pap allows for inhale AND exhale through the nostrils.
    I will get the wife to take a couple of pics of me in the "rig" and will post them in this thread for you to see what it looks like.

19. Member

I also have severe sleep apnea. I use a Bi-Pap and it really makes a difference. I lost the lower lobe of my right lung due to lung cancer in 1994. I filed with the Va, being a Vietnam Vet with two years on the rivers in various RAID divisions, and received 20% for the lung cancer and Zero for the Sleep apnea, which developed within months of the removal of part of my right lung. I was probably boarderline until the lung lobe removal, then it was full blown sleep apnea. I'm stuck with this machine for the rest of my life. VA denied the part of my claim that delt with the sleep apnea being a by-product of the lung section removal.

20. Member

I don't have a claim at this time. It has been years and I think I am rated with a 10 percent disability. I was medically retired with a 60 percent after 3 1/2 months in hospital. After a few years discharged and lowered to 10.
    I am wondering if some of the probs I have now are related. My injury was a head injury and I am having lots of sinus problems, ear and hearing problems.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast