Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by altexfishin View Post
    I was retired on a "special program" where the Doc saw you as you were outprocessing at one stop. They gave me several service connected disabilities but ultimatly awarded 0% disability/compensation. These things have only gotten worse including melonoma skin cancer from all those years on the flight line. I really don't know where to start?
    Find your nearest DAV office. http://www.dav.org/veterans/find-your-local-office/ You can also your local VFW, AMVETS, American Legion if they have service officers that can help. I would also go to Veterans Benefits Network Forums it's FULL of great info and help.

2. Member
    I have a question if anybody can shed some light last march I applied for VA benefits I received a letter back which said I was put in Priority Group 8g due to my household income exceeding VA's established financial thresholds which I have no idea what that number is but since then I retired and our income is a lot less do I have to appeal or just go down to the VA can anybody give me some help please.

Thanks
    Last edited by basson518; 11-24-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: mis spell

3. Banned
    who did you file with claim with the assistance of??? You have very limited time to file an appeal on your original claim. If you didn't respond in the proper timeframe, then you'd have to file a new appeal which means a different date than the original (if it matters at some point). Definitely go with the recommendations of those links above your post. DAV guy I had was instrumental with filing my case.

4. Banned
    OH OH and welcome to the BBC!

5. Member
    Thanks Charles, How do you set up your signature mine wouldn't look nothing like yours though.

6. Banned
    Under Settings up above (near where it shows your loging name), on the left hand side panel, scroll down to Edit Signature and there you have it.

7. Member
    I've got a question for those who know a bit about where a 100% total and permanently disabled Veteran can be treated when he or she needs medical attention.

Last May I moved to a city where one of those VA clinics is. I was very ill do to my blood pressure dropping extremely low and I was in dire need of help. I
    Went into this VA clinic and the clerk at the desk and a nurse were doing absolutely nothing and I told them I needed medical attention and they told me I had to go to the VA in Texas where I lived for treatment.
    I passed out in front of a pets mart and the manager,after determining I wasn't a drunk or a drug user helped me to a motel 6 where the clerk helped me in a room and kept checking on me to make sure I wasn't dead.

If any of you guys or girls know if that clinic was obligated to render medical care let me know.

Thanks in advance.

8. Member
    Wrong thread. Sorry

Well I recently found out about CRSC. Now I understand in order to obtain CRSC you have to have been rated at least 30% by your branch of services' PEB board. Problem 1: When I was released it was the early 90's and Clinton was downsizing the military so no one was receiving a rating higher than 20%. Now I have to apply back to the military to have my rating increased. Anybody know how difficult this is, or if it is even possible? Who should I turn to for help? ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idahoskeeter View Post
    Well I recently found out about CRSC. Now I understand in order to obtain CRSC you have to have been rated at least 30% by your branch of services' PEB board. Problem 1: When I was released it was the early 90's and Clinton was downsizing the military so no one was receiving a rating higher than 20%. Now I have to apply back to the military to have my rating increased. Anybody know how difficult this is, or if it is even possible? Who should I turn to for help? ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP?
    It is all based on you disability rating that you received from the USDVA. you dont have to apply back to the military however, the application for CRSC has to be approved by your military branch of service. They will make the determination if the disability was in fact "Combat Related". Once this is done, the VA will approve the CRSC application and you will get a portion of your reduced retired pay back. Go to your Local State Department of Veterans Affairs Office for assistance. They are usually located in the county Courthouse.

11. Member
    Anyone know about the GI bill? My daughter is using mine and sometimes she only gets partial payments for the housing portion. Is this normal or should she be getting the full amount each month? She's going full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Anyone know about the GI bill? My daughter is using mine and sometimes she only gets partial payments for the housing portion. Is this normal or should she be getting the full amount each month? She's going full time.
    I'm not sure how it's done when it's transferred to a dependent, but I've been using the GI Bill for the past 4 years (I'm graduating next week), and I've only had an issue with housing allowance when I was taking less than 12 hours for a semester. If you take less than 12 hours for a semester, then the housing allowance is prorated. If you take less than 6 hours, I don't believe a housing allowance is dispersed. If she is in 12+ hours and not receiving a full housing allowance, I would contact the VA and find out whats going on. Also, if she is enrolled in 12+ hours, but drops a class or 2 during the semester, that affects the housing allowance as well.
    1989 Bass Cat Pantera II
    1995 Mercury Black Max 200 XRi - 0G201874

13. Member
    I have been turned down three times now for PTSD and was in the gulf war. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by earnestlewis1 View Post
    I have been turned down three times now for PTSD and was in the gulf war. What can I do?
    Do you have anything in your records that you applied for help? If you just filed a claim and no documentation in your medical records, its hard for them to make the connection. Contact the DAV and get a VSO assigned to you. A good officer will help guide you through the process. The key is documentation as they need to see the connection.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Member
    Post 9/11 question. When I joined the Navy '86, I signed up for the MGIB. In Aug of 2009, they signed into law the Post 9/11 entitlements, which would allow me to pass my College money to my dependents. I retired in Feb 2009, so I was not able to make the election of having my college money go to my kids. I am being told by the VA, that I am not allowed to pass my eligibility to them. Any help out there? Can I request a grandfather? Board of Corrections?

16. Member
    Awesome thread! Thanks for all the great advice and effort. Wish I had seen this before I retired. I had awesome support from the local AMVETS. If you are retiring and looking for help with claims make an appointment with your local AMVETS. The one in Montgomery Alabama is actually located at the VA hospital. They are there to serve you...and FREE! God Bless all of you and God Bless America!

17. Steve Goncalves
    I have a question. While I was active duty I complained about being tired all the time. I had a sleep study which came back that I didn't have sleep apnea. I know I didn't really sleep that night but never went back. I just did another sleep study that I slept real good and my results are that I have severe sleep apnea. Do I just submit a claim with the documentation they will give me? Thanks I retired in 2011.
    2000 Ranger 522SVX W/ 2000 Mercury 250XB
    U.S. Air Force Retired

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
    I'm not sure how it's done when it's transferred to a dependent, but I've been using the GI Bill for the past 4 years (I'm graduating next week), and I've only had an issue with housing allowance when I was taking less than 12 hours for a semester. If you take less than 12 hours for a semester, then the housing allowance is prorated. If you take less than 6 hours, I don't believe a housing allowance is dispersed. If she is in 12+ hours and not receiving a full housing allowance, I would contact the VA and find out whats going on. Also, if she is enrolled in 12+ hours, but drops a class or 2 during the semester, that affects the housing allowance as well.
    Just a follow up on this. When she took online classes she recieved half of the housing allowance. When classes are actually in the classroom, they get the full amount.

19. Member
    Question, I finally received my medical records and I filed a claim on my hearing about 6 weeks ago. Any idea how long before one mite hear something? I mite also add I've waited 41 years to do this.

20. Member
    Ok I'll try a different question. Is vertigo a different claim than just a lost of hearing. Thanks

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast