Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (mikewhitten2)

It is possible to have secondary related problems from your injury. It is also possible that if the VA did not go thru the correct procedures dropping your rating that they could owe you a lot of back pay. Ill be more than happy to help if you want. Send me a instant message with your email.

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (deadringer6)

Carl,
    I asked you about 2-3 months ago about filing a claim through the VA about hearing loss. Well so far so good. I did get a hearing exam yesterday and I was told I have permanent hearing loss. He said it was pretty bad, can't be fixed through surgery and should get hearing aids (at 29 and needing hearing aids....I'm still in shock!). Now is this claim going to be a big pain in the rear? I've heard the VA is a pain when trying to file a claim. I've been out of the active service for 8 years now will that also play a part? Once again thanks for the info Carl

Joe
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (JoePA)

Joe,
    If this was the Exam for you VA claim you should get a final decision in about 30-45 days. Be sure to let them know that you have Tinnitus( ringing in the ears) if you have the problem because that is two separate issues and pays separate. Tinnitus is 10 percent if it is service connected. Time out of service Best of luck.
    Carl

4. Member

Thank you Carl...

Very helpful information. Thanks for being here.
    Geo

5. Member

My family is trying to get me to file I have a bad back from jumping for 6 years and a bad hearing loss from active duty then the National guard put me out on a medical discharge with out disability. can i still clame this ?

Bill

6. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (911cdc)

Yes you can.

7. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (Skip)

Skip is right. I Would ask for an original claim date of the date you got out of service. If you got out on a med, you should have received some type of rating at that time.

8. Member

sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability

I'm currently completing my claim since I just retired last month. I was specifically told by a VA Rep in Washington DC during his class that sleep apnea is guaranteed 50% now. The DAV rep there explained the reason. They did a study and the result found that 3 in 4 veterans will suffer a serious health issue or die in the first three years after retirement. Cheers me right up!! They linked this cause to sleep apnea and that's the reason for the change. You will have to verify it and get tested for it, but would be worth the effort.

Also, a lot of questions can be answered on http://www.va.gov. They have a great website.

Good Luck.....this isn't an easy process.

9. Member

Re: sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability (BWhit)

Good luck with your claim and thanks for some good info on sleep apnea.

10. Member

I can also help anyone with a claim if they'd like, especially since I got mine on my own without a lawyer even. I can even tell ya how to find the codes and what exactly they are looking for, and also even what the standards and percentages are via dif .GOV websites and such. This info helped me alot in avoiding sending extra info that was unneeded.
    Also, it is important that your claim (large ones, mine was like a book of records) be easy for them to follow so they do not miss important information, especially your evidence, via doctor records. I even had it bound like a book. Each page should be numbered. I knew a gentleman that used to make those decisions and he told me what they like.
    Each page should be numbered so it can be referenced to later. I stored all my records in a brief case and made copies of all articles sent in, and I kept all originals with page numbers on them. Every seperate claim should stand alone as well, in its own section. A Table of contents, for example, is very useful to them. The same thing with SSAN which has about the same standards as the DAV.
    I did it all on my own and had all that info and websites. I am sure I could re-find the useful info and links if you just send me the questions, or onfo you need. Get specific if you like. I do remember it was not easy to find. I have no life as I am indeed hadicapped to the point of being homebound now. So helping someone makes me feel good, especially my vet pals. That is if you do not mind getting your info from an old 41yo disabled army gal. I also know that testimonials from people who know you count more than you think. Just simple letters they can write for you and sign, believe it or not, helps a lot.
    I am sure I could help with any questions as well. It would be my pleasure to help!
    Mariann

---------------------------
    Don\'t wait for six strong men to take you to church

11. Member

Re: (CrazyElvis)

CE,
    Yes and yes!

---------------------------
    Don\'t wait for six strong men to take you to church

12. Member

Thanks again Deadringer for the good info. Looks like everything is going to work out for my son on his disability. I found a very good VA rep here in Mobile that is going to drive out to his house next week while he is home on convalescent leave....
    Kenny

13. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (BamaCoast)

Kenny it has been a pleasure... I'm sure looking forward to fishing with the both of you someday. We'll be looking for a picture of the hometown award ceremony. I wish him and all of you the best.

14. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (LupieBasser)

Thanks Lupie for offering that help. I'm sure it will come in handy here. And welcome aboard. Hope to see you making many post.

15. Member

Re: sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability (BWhit)

Hello to all this is my first post, I am currently in the Air Force for 12 years now. I just have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea which has bothered me for about a year now and chronic lower back pain which I have had about 8 years now, and is not getting better; it kills me to simply bend over. I am pending a MEB board which the docs here at my base say I will likely be “fit for duty” with and assignment code applied, which means I will stay in but am limited to the bases they can station me. I have been issued a CPAP, but I usually remove it during sleep. What my question is if I “choose” to get out what can I expect to get from the VA with the chronic back pain and the OSA, I have been diagnosed with both. I talked to the VA rep here at my base and he made it sound like “no problem, we should easily be able to get you 60 to 70%” to me it sounds too good to be true and too simple…Please anyone that can give me any advice I would appreciate it thank you all. I can also be e-mailed at essmannistan@yahoo.com

16. Member

Re: sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability (zombie1)

zombie1 I am currently having trouble with my IM's and can't respond to the one you sent. I appoligize for that. The precentage the VA rep gave you sound's about right. With 12 year's in I would think long and hard about your next step. If getting out is what you prefer and is in your best interest I would suggest you get started with the VA process while your still active.

17. Member

Re: sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability (Skip)

Thank you for the reply skip, Many have suggested the same as you, with 12 in just stick it out, but with the pain I am in daily I am not sure I can handle another 8 years. You also mentioned I should start now with the VA while still active. When I for maybe 3 minutes spoke with the VA rep here on base, he told I will see him about a month before I out process I assuming it part of the "out processing" process. What do you suggest I start doing? and what have seen in the past as far as sleep apnea or chronic backpain ratings? thanks

18. Member

Re: sleep apnea guranteed 50% disability (zombie1)

There is not much the VA can do untell you have a termination date. The first thing you need to do is the MEB. Then go from there. The VA treat's each case on an individual bases. If everything is documented then you shouldn't run into any major problem's. The best place to get an estimate of a VA rating would be with a VA Service Rep or one of the other organization's that represent veteran's like the DAV, VFW, American Legion ect.

19. Member

I currently recieve a 30% disability from the V.A. type II diabieties and hearing loss tied to agent orange and combat. Recently I have been diagnosed with cornery artery diaease, high blood pressure, and have a 70% blocked carotid artery and vision problems in one eye.

My question is this, is this enough for an re-evaluation and if it is how do I go about getting re-evaluated?

Thanks

20. Member

Re: Anyone need help with a VA Claim??????? (western angler)

There is a good posibility a link can be made. You need to contact your VA Service Rep or your Service Organization, DAV, VFW ect and start the process.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast