Thread: FEDVIP Vision

FEDVIP Vision

My wife & I have United Health Care (high option) which has a $10 copay for lenses that includes single, bifocal, trifocal, & lenticular. We both wear bifocals but were quoted $75 each for lenses. They told us that bifocals weren't listed on their authorization form. Long story short, we called our insurance which in turn called the store. It seems that the insurance grouped the above lenses under "standard lenses", however, the authorization form doesn't list them seperately under "standard lenses" & the store used their own judgement. I called another store to see if it was a common problem & they quoted $50 per pair. I don't know if it's just United Health or if it affects others, but beware. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had any issues, but then again, I'm not wearing glasses. My wife does but she also has BC/BS as a State Employee so my vision plan is a secondary payer.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    We have the blue vision and my wife just got her a new pair of sunglasses and all went well with the process.

We tried another in-network store yesterday & they got it right the first time. Hopefully, the issue is limited to the first two stores that we tried which would be about our luck.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

5. Member
    Hope it works for you.