God's Plan of Salvation

We have a great and awesome GOD. One who loves his creation so much that He would do whatever it takes to ensure our safety. Not only does he love his creation, man, but he is longsuffering, patient to us. Because of sin, man is separated from God. See, there is no evil in GOD and he does not allow evil to be in His presence. In that man cannot remove the sins from his own life it was necessary for him to send His Son to be a propitiation, that is, a substitute sacrifice, for our sins. This is because of His innate goodness in that he is a perfect GOD he had to be a Just Justifier(Rom 3:23-26). We know he loves us and sent His son Christ Jesus to the world as His provision for the our salvation. GOD has sent this gift and Christ Jesus has proclaimed that the good news be published and proclaimed to all the world. This good news has been preached by all the faithful for centuries and still today faithful followers still teach the doctrine of Christ Jesus to all of those who are lost and are in need of salvation. Here is what that message says to the sinner who would be saved:

A. Hear - One MUST hear the gospel
    John 6:45
    "It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me."
    Must hear to believe:
    Rom 10:17
    "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

B. Believe (This is faith)
    John 8:24
    "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
    Heb 11:6
    "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
    Mark 16:16
    "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

C. Repent
    Luke 13:3
    "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
    Acts 2:38
    "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,"
    Acts 3:19
    " Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"

D. Confess
    Matt 10:32-33
    "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."
    Rom 10:9
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

E. Be Baptized
    Mark 16:16
    "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
    Acts 2:38
    "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,"
    Baptism doth ALSO now save us -
    1 Peter 3:21
    "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"
    Once you have heard the gospel, believed the gospel, repented of your sins, confessed Christ Jesus as the Son of God, and have been been immersed in water you have obeyed the plan of salvation that God has provided for man. You can't pray your way to salvation, you can't just do good works to be saved. You merely have to trust and obey God and His son Christ Jesus.
    Oftentimes one hears to be saved is by only believing and saying the sinner's prayer. There simply is no reference to such in the Bible. This is a doctrine of men. Why not listen to God's word in order to determine how God intended for you to receive his forgiveness and acceptance. Yes, he has a plan for anyone who will come to the knowledge of His Son Christ Jesus. (1 Tim 2:4)
    If after this study you realize you haven't been obedient in all of these matters may you turn to a faithful minister of God's word and seek to remedy that that is amiss. If you have any questions or need further assistance, I hope you will contact me @ bass.r.us@gmail.com

His servant,
    larry

Modified by Bass Counselor at 1:56 AM 10/24/2007

This is great. Aint God good! Im a Church of Christ member. God is all powerful!

Amen my brother, so sad how so many demonations teach a different way to heaven. That goes against what King Jesus himself teached. (Matthew 7:14)

5. Member
    Thank you my brother

6. Member
    Praise GOD! Love to see the True Doctrine all laid out for all mankind to understand.
    This was so well put together, this is True Doctrine teaching and is what I believe, praise GOD that in a world like this
    there is still True Beleivers out there. I'm so sick of all the false preaching going on that teach nothing on Sin and Repentence!
    Amen to you Brother, may GOD bless you for this post.

7. Member
    Amen brother! Never hurts to keep reminding ourselves.

8. Member
    O

9. Member

Baptism

"E. Be Baptized...(Acts 2:38)"---Why is 'be baptized' passive? (grammar)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-04-2016 at 08:48 AM.

10. Member
    I'll answer my own question. Acts 2:38 is passive because we are not the one in action, God is the doer in Baptism. He performs it perfectly.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-04-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Physically: Illinois Mentally: Anywhere but Illinois
    GOD is good...ALL the time...ALL the time...GOD is good!!!