As the days of Noah were

I heard this in a tv sermon recently and wondered what you guys thought about it. That when Jesus comes, the evil/bad people will be taken because that's who were taken during the flood. We tend to think of the rapture and the Christians being taken.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of [f]heaven, but My Father only. 37But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.38For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,39and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.40Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.41Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.42Watch therefore, for you do not know what[g]hour your Lord is coming.43But know this, that if the master of the house had known what[h]hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.44Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

I have a lot of Protestant friends that think just the opposite. That the good will be taken up. You would think God wouldn't change....the flood took the bad ones and left the good people on earth.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

3. Member
    I think that what will happen is known to God. I think it’s okay (and perfectly natural) to wonder and hypothesize, but throughout history, when people thought they knew how God was going to do something, they were usually wrong.

4. Member
    Reading Revelation you don't see the church after after chapter 5 until the end of Revelation. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 contradicts what the T.V. sermon says if it was indeed referring to the "rapture". The ones left in Revelation that do not turn to God are much like the ones who were left behind for the flood to take. Except this will be a blood bath referencing Rev. 19:11-21.

GPtimes2 - You are correct. In the time of Noah, the unrighteous were removed from the earth, leaving only Noah and his family. In the pre-tribulation rapture thread I uploaded a paper that might answer your questions through the many scriptures that were cited. In short, the pre-tribulational rapture is a fanciful dream that I wish was true, but it is not.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...hlight=Rapture

6. Member
    Very well worth the read, and very thought provocative in many ways.