God's Plan of Salvation

Jesus Christ was with God the Father before the world was created. He became human and lived among humanity as Jesus of Nazareth. He came to show us what God the Father is like. He lived a sinless life, showing us how to live; and He died upon a cross to pay for our sins. God raised Him from the the dead.

Jesus is the source of eternal life. Jesus wants to be the doorway to a new life for you. In the Bible He was called the "Lamb of God (John 1:29). In the Old Testament, sacrifices were made for the sins of the people. Jesus became the sacrificial lamb offered for your sin.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man commeth unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) He is waiting for you now.

Admit to God that you are a sinner. Repent, turning away from your sin. (See Acts 3:19; Rom. 3:23, 6:23.)

By faith receive Jesus Christ as God's Son and accept Jesus' gift of forgiveness from sin. He took the penalty for your sin by dying on the cross. (See John 3:16.)

Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (See Rom 10:9-10, 13; 1 John 10:1:9.)

You may pray a prayer similar to this as you call on God to save you: "Dear God, I know that You love me. I confess my sin and need salvation. I turn away from my sin and place my faith in Jesus as my Savior and Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, amen."

After you have received Jesus Christ into your life, tell a pastor or another Christian friend about your decision. Show others your faith in Christ by asking for baptism by immersion in your local church as a public expression of your faith.

(From the Summer 2007, issue of "Open Windows" published by Lifeway Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention.)

3. Member
    Gen 6:5 The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was ONLY EVIL ALL THE TIME. (my emphasis)

Eph 2:1 As for you, you were DEAD in your transgressions and sins, which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world... (my emphasis)

I was not aware spiritually dead people made decisions. Is God the author of life? (y/n) Is God the author of spiritual life? (y/n)

4. Member
    A spiritually dead is is no longer dead in their transgressions an sins when they repent an accept the lord as their savior the lord wont taking our decision making away because he loves all an want all to have the chance to repent an yes GOD is the author of everything . ISAIAH 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way , and the unrighteous man his thoughts :and let him return unto the Lord ,and he will have mercy on him ; and to our God he will abundantly pardon
    Bassman1987

5. Member

coversion

Quote Originally Posted by Travis hooper View Post
    A spiritually dead is is no longer dead in their transgressions an sins when they repent an accept the lord as their savior the lord wont taking our decision making away because he loves all an want all to have the chance to repent an yes GOD is the author of everything . ISAIAH 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way , and the unrighteous man his thoughts :and let him return unto the Lord ,and he will have mercy on him ; and to our God he will abundantly pardon
    Conversion is a good thing. Who is responsible? (gets credit) See verses above. Here's the problem. Decision theology ascribes to man something he does not have (goodness). Before conversion man is spiritually blind, dead, and an enemy of God. Decision theology also takes away from God something He claims as His own (conversion), that is, it paints man is a higher light and God in a lesser light. Sound familiar? Man always seeks to raise himself and diminish God. Man wants to be God. See Genesis--Adam and Eve. We cannot be saved by any of our works (works righteousness). ONLY Christ's blood can do that. Do not take man's natural state lightly. It is totally corrupt.*

John 6:28-9 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

--God calls conversion a work, His work. That glory should not be taken from Him.

*I did not say those that practice decision theology are not saved. See Mark 16:16. They are simply wrong on this particular important point.

Mark this: Man's 'free will' is always towards evil. Does Is 55:7 define who is responsible for conversion?--No, it does not. JOHN 6:28-20 does. We must consult the whole council of God's word.

Isaiah 64:6 "...all our righteous acts are like filthy rags."---How bad is it? Even the works performed in faith (after conversion) are tainted by sin. YIKES!

All the above only emphasize the depth of God's love thru Christ. Ponder this:

Micah 7:18ff Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance. You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will...hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 11-09-2017 at 09:26 AM.

6. Member
    The TRUTH! Amen
    2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Lowrance
    Minnkota

7. Member
    "Sanctify (make holy) them by the truth; your word is truth." John17:17.--the high priestly prayer. (my emphasis)