Thread: For Someone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

For Someone

I think that oft-times when we're younger, we get our priorities out of whack. The things we think are important, fishing, boats, trucks, and such take up a large part of our lives. It's only later, when we look back and see that they didn't really bring us happiness, that we realize we've let the really important things slip away from us. We make gods of those things, and worship at their altar's and know they'll bring us the happiness if we only give them the right sacrifice. So we sacrifice our time, our money, our families, even our lives, to those things.

We're looking for someone to slap us on the back, and tell us what a good job we did. What a great fisherman, hunter, ball player, whatever we are. We want to be loved, admired, looked up to, to win the approval of someone. But who is that someone we're trying to impress? I know I really don't know who I was trying to impress. No matter how good I was, there was always someone "better". There was always someone coming along behind me to knock me off.

I was looking to fill a void in my life. Pistol shooting was one of those gods. Bass fishing was another. Eventually I turned to another path looking for the approval that I didn't have from either of those. That path was leading me straight to hell, and it was a real short road.

Then I found the approval I was looking for, when I went down on my knees, and asked the Lord Jesus to come into my life, and to forgive me, for all those years of turning my back on Him. You see, Jesus has always approved of me. He didn't approve of a lot of the things I did, but He approved of me. He loves me, and He doesn't care if I can hit a "Pepper Popper" from 50 meters, or rather I bring home the most fish, or run the fastest boat. Jesus loves me and I love Him.

It's funny. Ten years ago, I'd have felt "silly" to say something like "I love Jesus". I was tough. Tough guys didn't say stuff like that. That was for sissy's. Today I stand here unashamedly and tell you, "I LOVE Jesus". Why do I love Jesus? Because He first loved me. He loved me enough to give His very life for me. Even though He knows I am poor, pathetic, pitiful sinner, He loves me.

And Jesus loves you too. No matter what you've done in your life, Jesus loves you. If He could find it in His heart to forgive me, for my sins, He can forgive you. If He could forgive the very ones who drove the nails into his hands and feet, He will forgive you. But you say, "Wayne, You don't know what I've done." And that's right. I don't. But it doesn't matter. Jesus knows what you've done. And He's still willing to forgive you. All you have to do is ask him to, and turn away from that sin. Jesus sets at the right hand of His Father right now, waiting to tell His Father, "I know this one Dad. This one is one of mine."

I don't know who this message is for, but I know it's for someone. Someone out there tonight is lonely. Someone out there is looking for approval from someone. Is that person you? If it is you, I'm here to tell you that Jesus Christ approves of you. He loves you. He may not approve of what you've done, but if you let him, Jesus can change you. He's waiting for you to call out to Him and ask Him to come into your life, and free you from whatever burden it is that you're carrying tonight.

Jesus knows that we carry a heavy load of sin. He knows that it weighs us down, and saps the life out of us. In Matthew 11, He says "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt 11:28-30 NKJV) Whatever load you are carrying tonight, ask Jesus for help. He's right there waiting for you.
    Last edited by CajunBass; 09-03-2012 at 01:54 AM.

3. Member

Re: For Someone (CajunBass)

Wonderful message, and I say AMEN!

4. Member

Re: For Someone (bass4fun)

well said

5. Member

I could have written that--It sounds just like my life. I thank GOD every minute for my young Christian wife and the influence she has had on me these last few months.

6. Member

Re: For Someone (GerryKey)

Wayne, thanks for the message.

7. Member

Praise God! \o/

Thanks Wayne :-)

8. Member

An excellent message, CajunBass. I am happy to see such a board available on this site.

9. Member

very encouraging.

10. Member
    This is a very good post. Thanks for speaking what the Lord has put on your heart.

11. Member

Re: (deliveryguy22)

Gosh that one made me cry. But its so true.

---------------------------
    Don\'t wait for six strong men to take you to church

Wayne, your post about made me cry. I once thought I was pretty tough too, too tough to say to friends "I love Jesus". I didn't have my priorities in order, fishing was one of many things I worshipped. I kept thinking I'll get right one day. Then one day God knocked me to my knees. To make a long story short, I stayed on my knees and asked His forgiveness, rededicated my life to Him and my church. It's amazing the relief I felt as that load was lifted. My wife and I worship together now, attend Sunday school and Church faithfully, and feel so blessed. A man can be "rich" in other ways than financially but it took a few years for me to realize that.
    I just love this site (BBC) and this board especially. Kinda feels like family here.

(606)305-1956

13. Member

Re: For Someone (kyrangerman519)

Wayne, Thanks for the message. I have returned to it on occassion. Pretty much speaks to a lot of us, I'm sure, as we've all come up short. There is great comfort in knowing that we are loved.

Wayne,
    May I share this with my Bible study group.
    Thanks for blessing me.
    Mike.<><

Jesus gave them this answer...\"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.\" John 5:24

15. Member

I am 47. In my life I have been seen it all and done it all. I have grandchildren now. 2 boys 5 and 3. I have 3 boys of my own 26, 23, 20. I will tell you to always present yourself EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY as you want your boys and grandchildren to behave. No exceptions. I am blessed that I had other MEN that told me what todo. I am just an average guy. I have realized incent years the way to lead your children and to bring the best out of yourself and your wife is to pray together about your happy times and your trouble times. It's Mother's Day. Don't forget!!! If you know MOM that may be over looked---DO something.. :0)

16. Member

Re: For Someone (E-tecRon)

Thanks Wayne, this was very inspirational and very much needed.

17. Member

AMEN Wayne, AMEN, that is awesome...it is amazing what we can put together when we become that yeilded vessel to Jesus! That is a daily struggle I fight, I want to keep my heart open to him so he may give me the strength to do the work he put me on this earth to do...

18. Member

Wayne, that was an awesome message, I have jsut recently started reading from this board and there are many things here that are great and I am glad to see them. The past fews months have been a bit of a tough time for me but as stated in your message, Jesus knows everything about us all and will help us through good and bad times. I recently rededicated my life to Jesus and my new church family and everyday when I pray I know that Jesus will be there for me and my family.

Wayne,
    What a powerful message. May I share this with a few people I know that could use the message you shared? thank you

20. Member

Re: For Someone (Corinne)

I know Wayne would say yes to that, so I feel confident answering it for him.

Edit: Wow, I just realized that this topic was posted over a year ago. It still feels like just a couple of months ago!

21. Moderator

Re: For Someone (deliveryguy22)

Wow. It has been a long time. That message came to me in the middle of the night. I woke up, and had to post it. You can see what time it was.

And you're right of course DG. I don't know how much it's worth, but anyone who wants to use it, please feel free.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast