Thread: For Someone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: For Someone (CajunBass)

thanks for the message.

2. Member

Re: For Someone (BruceAlmighty)

Thanks for the post Wayne! I was in the same boat with fishing. I struggled with alot of things and I turned to Jesus. It wasnt easy as I still struggled after I accepted him as my personal savior. I had temptation at me right and left. I kept praying and actually just a few weeks ago I prayed HARD that he would help me with my struggles. He is helping me a TON! Everytime something comes into my mind that I shouldnt be thinking I simply pray for more strength or even say "satan in the name of Jesus Christ leave me alone now" and it works for me. I am 31 years old, married to a wonderful lady and we have a 2 year old son and another boy on the way in April. I keep praying for me to be the best parent, teacher to my family that God wants me to be. I work 2nd shift so I have recently set aside time when I get off work and get home to read my Bible. It is really helping me alot I feel. I also have recently started praying in the morning when I get up giving thanks for that day and all the blessings that I am so unworthy of that he has given me. Sorry for rambling on brothers but I wanted to share this with you all. And BruceALmighty where did you get that awesome sticker at on your boat? I love it!
    " GOD is GREAT, Beer is good & people are crazy"

3. Member

Re: For Someone (tadghcat)

What an absolutely powerful message. I asked God into my life long ago, but have not always walked the right path. I have met great opposition in life over the past 2 years with my wife's health and the increasing stressors placed on our lives; don't get me wrong, I have prayed daily for nearly all my life, and pray more even now, but yet I feel like I am still not living up to my best. I find my life exhausted in all my efforts, yet I do my best to trudge on. Both my grandfathers were fine Christian men, and I do my best to live by their example, I can only hope that one day I can be half of what they were to me. God bless to all, and know that a fellow brother is praying beside you.

4. Banned

Re: For Someone (tadghcat)

Wow that sounds alot like myself... thanks for posting.... helps put me back in my place.

5. Member

Re: For Someone (jake131)

Great message. I was once too tough to say "I Love Jesus" also but not anymore for I am humbled in His presence and I serve Him forevermore. Thanks Wayne!
    God Bless

Karl Franzen, V.P. KaRu Lures Ltd.
    1997 Champion 202, 2007 Yamaha 250 V Max HPDI

6. Member

Re: For Someone (BruceAlmighty)

The flag is much better Bruce!

Modified by Bass Counselor at 5:58 PM 7/3/2009

Modified by Bass Counselor at 12:25 PM 7/9/2009

what you shared is Truth...with a capital T.

Re: For Someone (JoeJoslinoutdoors)

HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise The Father AND the SON!!!!!!! Jesus is the ONLY way. Stand Your Ground and Spread the word of the Father!!!!
    1998 Allison XB2002 COMP
    1998 Mercury 2.5???
    Smoking Bullets since 2012!

9. Member

Thank you for your post. I feel like you were speaking directly to me. I have spent the last 10 years running from what I know is right. I am out of places to run and amdown on my knees. Your message gives me hope when I have none.

10. Member

thank you sir1!!! Amen
    Boatless Bank Trash Again...

11. Member

Re: For Someone (Boat4Life)

Wayne,,,,,,

That is so right!

Andy

12. Member

Re: For Someone (Keithscatch)

Be a fisher of men!

When he lets you know it is time,,, you are the man.

Andy

13. Member

Re: For Someone (Backbassin)

I can't tell you how much I needed to read that. Thank you for sharing. Trust and obey , for there is no other way to be happy in JESUS !

14. Member

cajunbass I want to think you for posting for someone. I was laying in a hospital bed this week with a bowel abstruction with no food or water for 3 days. I am 51 and have gone without the lord since i was young and laying there without anything but a bible to read that my wife had put in my luggage. God was working on me hard but I have alot of trouble understanding alot of the bible. Anyway I had a labtop and had looked at all my fishing sites like basscat and texas fishing and decided to look at bbc and stopped at the faith section and read your testimony and when I came to your verse on matthew 11;28 it really hit home. I told god I understood and I needed him to take my burdens. I had been walking the halls every day and the dr. said it would help my condition so I got up and told god I would wait and come home to my pastor and pray with him and as i was walking A long rectangular hallway that Iwas 200 ft on each end and 50ft in the middle I came to the 1st turn and noticed A door with no window only in small letters the word chaplain. God told me to knock and I told him no I would wait til I got home. well the 2nd time I came round to the door I was told again and I said no. The 3rd time I came to the door it was open and I looked in saw the chaplain setting at a desk in a 10by10 office and itold god no and he said you would not knock so i opened the door NOW is the time and before I knew it I was walking in the door. The chaplain asked what I needed and i said I needed some one to pray with me I wanted to be saved. HE saID he was expecting me . He said he was going to prepare some literture for a girl thar evening on being saved and the lord had told him to do it now. We prayed to gether and I was saved. This was 2 days ago and I am now home recovering. The lord worked on me for along time and my wife and family prayed for me along time. I noticed your post was dated 2005 so the lord had kept it there for along time waiting for me. I am not avery good writer but the lord told me to post my testimony so it may help others. dont wait until the lord puts you in a room with no food or water and drs telling you that you might need surgery that would financely ruin you before you listen to him . he will take your burdens for you. GOD BLESS

15. Moderator

Re: For Someone (stboyd)

Thanks for your testimony ST. I'm glad to know that the Lord is still using this message to reach the lost. :) May He continue to work in you, strengthen you, and keep you.

"We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helpd you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:1-2)

16. Member

Re: For Someone (stboyd)

That was a wonderful confession. Hope all is well with you now and fully recovered from your surgery.

Also Thank you Wayne for posting such a wonderful story on "Increasin" Our Faith.

I have always believed in the Lord and grew up knowing God but I haven't had him as close in my life as I needed to. I was diagnosed 3 months ago with 2 types of Cancer. I have since had 2 surgeries and both Thank God has turned out well. It is only thru all the prayers and faith that I feel I have gotten such good reports. I'm now waiting to find out what type of treatment I will be having and hoping that the "Chemo" word is not mentioned. But I have put everything in the Lord's hand and he will help me thru whatever I may have to endure.

17. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Thanks Wayne. That's such a great message. I haven't prayed in awhile, i think tonight i will.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

18. Member
    Thank you Jesus for working through Cajun. Cajun thank you for listening and acting on it. Man there are some fine folks on here. I love the stories. I was terribly addicted when I was younger. I wouldve never made it without faith in Jesus. They told us in rehab that only 6% of the people that ever get hooked on meth get past it. I was 23 and couldnt imagine being very useful for anyone. I grew up in church and had a wonderful childhood. I just had that nothing can beat me attitude. I wasnt as bulletproof as I thought. Within a week I had a job, three months I bought a business, 6months got married , year bought a house, 2yrs first child. There isnt one single person that God cannot heal. No not one. If he can take a druggie like me and clean me there is absolutely noone that cant be fixed. I was blessed the minute I asked for it. I earnestly prayed that if I had any good left that I could do to please use me. I have been clean ten years. I cannot tell you the people that have came to me for advice. Parents, Grandparents, Brothers, of addicts and addicts themselves. He is an awesome God. He loves us. He chastises those he loves, he destroys the wicked. Im glad all I got was a whipping. Thanks again Cajun. Clint

Cajun, what a beautiful message. I know you have been through many trials since the original post as we all have been, but your message is beautiful and still true. Thank you for your faith and being an inspiration to all of us to be more faithful.

Wayne,
    Your message hit hard with me as well. Because of a few things you touched on in your message, my wife of nearly 5 years up and moved out and now we are seperated. Something I never thought would happen to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast