Thread: For Someone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: For Someone (CajunBass)

AMEN, to that!!! I have been a Christian for almost 10 yrs. and I wouldn't go back for the world.

2. Member

Wow! I have been totally blind to what I have been doing for the whole year. I have been obsessed with bass fishing and spending money on stuff I don't even need. God has taken a back seat to my fishing, and this post has made me realize what is #1 in my life. Thanks CajunBass for the post. God bless!

3. Member

Re: For Someone (Senator Claghorn)

Wayne, that is a great message and one that we should all read and think about from time to time. Might be one of the most important lessons we ever learn about life and what it really is about.

I know a lot of folks have never understood why I gave up working overtime when I could have made a lot of money, but told them family was more important than money, and being with them was more important than a bigger home or newer vehicle.

I have been asked why I did not fish more especially since I have 4 days off each week. I do fish a lot, but not when one of the kids has a ball game or other event I can be at to support them. I went on a lot of field trips and had a great time with my kids as well as the other kids and parents. It made me sad that so few parents could go. I could have been fishing, even had tournaments a few days from a couple of them, but still felt being with family was important.

God is important in my life, and I realize every day through my wife, my children and my friends (many here at BBC) what he has done for me and continues to ive me each day. I won't ever take it for granted.

I also believe many people go to church every Sunday and don't love God truely in their hearts, and never really understand what life is about. To some people material things are all that matter.

Again thanks for the great post

Lifetime Member of BBC

4. Member

Re: For Someone (Bass Hawk 87)

CajunBass --- great message.......it appears that I need to frequent this board daily......

Re: For Someone (Dover)

I just wanted my name associated with such an important and great post and thread as this. I am a Christian and was saved in 1984. However, I think lately I have allowed fishing to become to prominent in my life and that has caused me to suffer with my relationship with the Lord. That and allowing things to offend me in churches and how some churches are run. I do need to remember why I am here and that is not to fish but to love the Lord and to let others know about Jesus. Fishing is fine as long as it is not first in our lives.

Thank you for the reminder. I pray that God will be first in all that we (I) do.

6. Member

Re: For Someone (Keithscatch)

wayne,of all the post ive read on this board it is one of a few that can change lives.true worship and praise is when we proclaim the name of jesus w/ boldness in love.when we truely lift up the name of jesus others will be touched.all of us have idols,anything that takes us away from god.for some it is t.v. for others its sports,for some it is "RELIGION"revelations 2.but when we can indentify those idols and rededicate our lives to god,then we can serve god and not ourselves.thank you for being obedient to that small still voice.mike
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    98 Gambler Outlaw/150 EFI Merc

7. Moderator

Re: For Someone (gatrboy52)

This past year, Misty and I encountered some financial problems that caused me to take a part time job. One of the things I promised myself when I took that job was that it would not interfere with my church life.

As the time wore on, Misty had to have an operation on her knee, so she had to quit work. In my mind this put more pressure on me to bring in extra money, and I started to backslide, and started to work on Wednesday evening, rather than going to Bible study.

This past Wednesday, as I was getting ready for work, Misty asked me, "Aren't you going to Bible study?"

"I've got to work." I sort of half snapped back at her. She looked disappointed but didn't say anymore.

Later that evening, while putting up stock, I heard a small, still voice in the back of my head: "Sort of forgot about me didn't you?"

Like a lot of people I started to argue, "Look, I need the money, you know that."

"Have I ever let you down?" came the reply.

Right then and there, I knew I was guilty of what I had "preached" about in this very post. I had lifted up another "god" before the one Lord God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The almighty dollar.

I apologized to the Lord, and He granted forgiveness, as He has promised He will do.

I need to read my own words from time to time.

8. Member

Re: For Someone (CAIII)

CA,

Reading your post caused me to reflect on some very difficult times in my life. May I share with you the scripture that helped me get through the most challenging times.

1 Cor 10:13
    13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

There is always a way of escape that will keep us close to God.

BC

thanks CB, great post and message
    Things are more like right now than they have ever been

10. Member

Praise His Holy Name!

\"Keep The Faith\"
    - AllProRods -

11. Member

Thanks Wayne, that is very inspirational and so very true while being very much needed, Something nice to have, to be able to come back and refer to on occassion.........

Just Fishn!

12. Member

You know, reading this made me think back to a time when i couldn't stand for someone to ask me to go to church with them, it just made me uncomfortable!! No matter where i went, someone was always there to remind me that they were thinking of me and praying for me, it drove me crazy!!

Then one day a man ask me if I were to die right now, where would i spend eternity? Then i thought of all the people i knew who had died suddenly or unexpectedly...........i realized that the Lord is in control, not me, as much as i would like to think that i was in control of my life, i came to the sobering conclusion that i was only hanging on by a thread.

The Lord has blessed my life in countless ways since i have turned my life over to him. There is no doubt that my wife and children are gifts from him alone, not to mention all the worldly things he has blessed us with. Ever notice how much longer things last and fewer things go wrong when your walking with Jesus. Praise the Lord!!!! And thanks for the post CajunBass, God Bless You and Yours!!!!!

13. Member

Wayne; thank you for sharing that testimony and wonderful message. What a blessing you are. And so are all the others that responded. Perhaps we can all be fishers of men besides fishermen. A passage that keeps me going is from Psalms 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight"

14. Member

Re: For Someone (OKZonie)

ok, thats proverbs not psalms
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    98 Gambler Outlaw/150 EFI Merc

15. Member

Re: For Someone (gatrboy52)

Amen!

16. Member

Re: For Someone (Greg Sallee)

Thanks so much Wayne for this. I know it has been a while since it was posted, but right now is when I needed to see it. I am thankful everyday that I grew up in a Christian home with parents who made sure I was at Church on Sundays and Wednesdays. I am also so thankful that God loves me enough that no matter what I have done in my life He has already paid for my sins in full when He went to The Cross. Wayne I appreciate this message so much right now because I am under major conviction from The Lord right now. Thanks so much

Good post Wayne, I know it has been here awhile but still speaks volumes.

If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

18. Member

Re: For Someone (jmy)

Very nice post Wayne

19. Member

We had this very discussion last night at our mens Bible study......isn't it funny how you can get convicted,your thinking about it and another message comes along that seals the deal,(even if it is 6 months later) and you just know the message has YOU wrote all over it. Thanks Wayne.

20. Member

Thanks for the post! You hit the nail on the head...I am guilty of the very thing you mention..I think we all can be from time to time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast