Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do you feel lost and confused?

Are you the type of person who maybe lurks around here and maybe are looking for answers in your life?

Many people have different backgrounds in their life, church or not, different family situations, etc. I think the one common thing between all of us is that we want to live the best and most exciting life possible! Are you feeling like your life is not like you want it? Are you just trying and reaching for things that you think will make you happy but they don't, or they only do for a short time, then you're ready for something else.

I know for me, i always tell my self if only...: if only i had a better boat, if only i had a faster outboard, if only i had more time to fish... i keep trying to convince myself that those things will make me truly happy, but they never do. The more i fish, it's never enough, the better toys i get, i want more. It's this never ending circle of i want, i want, and where does it stop. Where do we find our true happieness?

Right here... did you know that in the Bible, in the Book of John Chapter 10:10 Jesus actually says that he has, "Come so that we can have life and have it to the fullest" That's pretty cool! Many of us think or have thought that God is just somone to kill our fun and just a boring set of rules. But really a life and a relationship with God is what truly brings us LIFE.

Think about it, we have more stuff that most every other human in the world. If you life in this country (or Canada), you have more money and more access to whatever you want whenever you want than over 90% of the rest of the Globe! Yet we are the most unhappy and the least content, it's always about more, or better. The reason why none of this stuff will bring us life and happieness like we think or want is because we weren't created to be in a relationship with a bassboat. We were created for God! He made us and he made us that way for a reason!

If you know the story of Jesus, you know that he came as the perfect man and he came as God in human form. The Passion was a very stirring movie about Jesus horrid death! But you know he could have stopped all that at any time... the bible says that Jesus could have called down armies of angels at any point. But he didn't! The perfect, innocent man, paid the ultimate penalty: his life! He did it for you and he did it for me! To cover our wrongdoings, that if we're honest with ourselves, we realize we do 100 times a day 7 days a week. See the bible says that to be with God and to have a relationship with him and to go to Heaven we need to be perfect. But we know we're not! But Jesus was!

God wants us to put our faith in him, our hope and our trust and even our lives! This seems like a big step to make that kind of committment and it is! But it's one I personally will never regret! I have a guide, a friend, wisdom and the most distributed book on the face of the planet to help me and guide me so i can truly have Life to the fullest.

Won't you consider that? Please talk to one of us! Wayne, Misty, Mike from Katy Tx, Deliveryguy, Bassspook and others.

This forum is to ask those questions! To consider these things, it's all too important and we have too short of a life to waste.

3. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (StetsonBasser)

A lot of people tell me that I waste my time with a "pointless religion" and that I'm throwing my life away.

But I'll honestly testify that I haven't been this happy before! Not only do I not feel lost and insecure, but I get along with others a lot better now because God is curing me of my hostile temper. Praise the Lord!

4. Member

I went to church by myself last Sunday...first time in 32 years.
    I was raised in a "fire & brimstone" home. I had religion beat into me until I was 20 years old and finally left to finish school on my own.
    When I was little, I got whipped for carving a chunk of 2 X 4 on a Sunday afternoon.
    As I rebelled more, I got more farm chores. When I was in grade 12, I was so tired from studying for final exams and doing chores, that I refused to go to church one morning and I was whipped for that. I got a real good one once for sneaking out to a high school folk music evening...limped to the school bus next day! When I was in my early 30s, I got testicular cancer and went through several operations to get everything under control. My parents came to the hospital to tell me that God was punishing me for being a sinner. I married an "unapproved" wife. After my divorce in 1988, I started dating my current wife who also did not meet my parents' specs. Not that I cared, but they went out of their way to inform me.
    At any rate, I have conquered booze (1988) and cigarettes (2001) and my life got a LOT better after meeting my wife in 1988!
    I have worked steadily from 1976. We both started fishing for fun last year and have had a great time catching pike, walleye, perch, etc.
    Church has really changed a lot since the last time I went. I'll try going again and I have to work hard on forgetting the past.

5. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (banjoman)

Dear brother, don't give church another try. Give Jesus a try. Far too many people have been turned off by the "fire and brimstone" approach to religion. But if you search the Scriptures, that is not the message. The message is grace, mercy, forgiveness and love that sent Jesus to the cross for my sins and yours. We are supposed to live disciplined Christian lives, as a response to the love of Christ given to us and operating within us. You may be the best person in the world, but without Christ you are lost. He doesn't want it that way. He loves you with an everlasting, all-giving, unconditional, gracious love. When you come to grips with that love, you don't have to worry about all those "thou shalt not's." Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love God and the second greatest is to love each other. That is what being a Christian is all about; not punishment; not God waiting for us to mess up. I'm so sorry you had that experience in your younger years. But remember, there are two things you can count on. "The heart of man is deceitful and wicked..." and God is good all the time. And He loves you. Blessings

<FONT SIZE=\"4\"><FONT COLOR=\"red\">Rev Randy F Carnley</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE=\"3\"><FONT COLOR=\"green\">That\'s MY boat!!</FONT></FONT>

6. Just glad to be alive Hair Jig's Avatar

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (revrandyf)

BanjoMan, sounds like you have been through a lot of hardship and pain, but Rev is right. Jesus will lead you to church. Church ain't our savior, it's a place to go and share our Salvation with other Christians.
    "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (revrandyf)

That's right. It is not about going to church. It is about a personal relationship with Christ and becoming part of the Chruch (the body of Christ). Accept Christ's sacrifice on the cross for you and trust in Him first. He will lead you from there. God bless.
    God bless,
    Stephen

8. Moderator

There isn't a thing I can add to what the others have said Banjoman, except to say that like you I was a backslider for 30 odd years. I didn't have the experiences you did as a child, but I too turned my back on Jesus and walked away, thinking that I didn't need him. Actually that's not right. It's not that I didn't think I needed him. I just didn't think much about him at all. If you'd asked me if I believed in Jesus all that time I'd have said "Of course I do". Yes, I "believed in" Jesus. But I didn't KNOW Jesus. I had thought I did at one time, and I believe I did, but I sort of forgot about him. Like you'd forget a friend you knew a long time ago.

But Jesus never forgot me. After I let sin ruin my life, Jesus picked me up off the floor, dusted me off, and said "Welcome home son. I've been waiting for you". He's waiting for you too.

9. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (CajunBass)

We have all been thier.Lost and confused.I recieved CHRIST as my personal savior 12yrs.ago.And I want to say the walk is tough.But nothing could ever take it from me.Christ sealed it .I am his and his alone.I just started back in a bible study group.Its wonderful.I cant describe how I feel when I leave.All lifes pressures dont seem so heavy.Havent been to church in about 5 months.They changed pastors and just dont feel the connection.I know I have to get out and find another one.Because what does he say in Heb 10:25 {Let us not give up meeting together,as some are in habit of doing,butlet usencourage one another}I also know how I was feeling depressed when I wasnt giving him his time.Life just feels empty when your not close to him.And I know sometimes we let our busy life keep us from that,at least I have.But know things are going good what a difference HE makes. OUR GOD IS AN AWSOME GOD.

I am sure glad yall started this on the board.Nice to chat with brothers.And I would also like to say Banjo is right.Its not about the church are the religion.Its about CHRIST.With out him the rest means nothing.

Your Brother In CHRIST
    Bill Moore

10. Member
    One of my best days ever was November 12th, 1994. My worst day ever was November 13th, 1994. Why? My first son was born on 11-12-04 which was one of the best feeling a father can have. He was born 30 days early and weighed only 4 lbs. My worst day 11-13-94 was the day the doctors told me my son was born with a virus called CMV. CMV affects the central nervous system - the doctor told us (my wife and I) that he wasn't sure if he can see or hear and that they would have to do test.

We took our eyes off the Lord and began to have faith in men (doctors) and we felt totally useless. Kind of reminds me of Peter when he began walking on water, he couldn't believe it and he took his eyes off from the Lord and began looking down he began to sink. I tell you what, I felt like I couldn't sink any more that day than any day I've ever lived. My wife and I just held each other and cried, and it still brings tears to my eyes today when I think of it. I got my composure and I began making phone calls to notify our families. I called my father-in-law which should have been my first call I should have made. He's one of my heroes and a man of faith. He suggested to call our pastor at that time and he was on his way over. My in-laws were over in 20 minutes or so and I made that call to the pastor. Well, the pastor dropped everything that he was doing at that time and came over to my apartment.

He prayed, saying Lord this young baby is your child and that he is a gift to us(my wife and I) and we lift this baby up to you and we trust in You that what ever happens is your will. We layed our burdens on Jesus Christ that day. And as the pastor finished praying it was almost instantly I felt this tremendous burden being released from my shoulders. I/ we trusted and placed the faith in Him instead of the doctors.

This was 10 years ago. Our son is healthy. He had/has some physical problems but the kid never complains. One of the toughest kids I've ever met. He's had tubes(ears) done twice, a hernia operation when he was 1 & 1/2, adnoids removed, and recently a operation on a ascended testicle. He never used the IBUPROFIN prescribed for him the day after the operation.

If you start feeling lost, stop and look where you are at. Keep your eyes on the Lord and he'll lead you the way. I've gotten off the path a few times since then. He keeps picking me up after I've lost my way and I have to remember to keep my eyes up and focused on Him.

I want to thank my grandmother for loving me and taking me to church. She was the one who took me to church when I was young. She wasn't in church the day I got saved but she was the one who planted the seed. Thank you, I know one day I'll see her in Heaven.
    Jim
    <*)))))))><{

11. Moderator

Re: (bassfishinn)

Praise the Lord, and thanks for your testimony Jim. Welcome to the Forum, and to the BBC.

12. Member

Re: (CajunBass)

Perhaps one reason God lets us go through such trials is to that we can share a powerful testimony with others, for His Glory!

13. Member

Man doesn't have to clean up his life to come to God. He will take care of all that. If God is chasing you, He'll catch you. No doubt. The first thing He will take care of with you is your ability to call yourself what God calls you. And that is a sinner. Once you do that and asked to be forgiven and to be placed under His Son's shed blood- He will forgive you of every sin. The Bible says he buries it in the deepest sea, never to be found ever again. He will instantly give you a new nature. A nature to love, to forgive others, to serve Him, to know right from wrong and the best part- the ability to say no to sin. We as Christians do indeed sin and we hate it, but before God got a hold of us we loved our sin and had not the ability to say no to it because we were a slave to sin. But now we are a slave to righteousness. And yes, we fall, at times, but not all the time like we used to. Before, we didn't even know we fell. We had no laws. Now, God's laws are automaticly placed in our hearts and we know when we sin and we repent of it and get back to serving God and believing in Him. The Bible says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God. So put this Word of God in your hearing. Romans 10:9 if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be save. And I might add that you will have an awesome inheretance awaiting you.

In His Mercy and Grace, and in that order,
    phil

14. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (Phil)

Thanks Phil. Lately, I have noticed that something stops me from doing or saying things I would have never thought about before. Some of my feelings are also starting to return. I never had any emotions for years before this...didn't care about anything. The Lord is looking after me now! Thanks to everyone who posts to this topic. It's very reassuring to hear from others.

15. Moderator

That's one of the first things I noticed when I gave my life back to the Lord Banjo. One day I noticed that I didn't cuss as much as I used to. It wasn't a deciosion I'd made, like "I'm going to stop cussing so much." I just did. And I was embarrised when I did (or still do) slip and let out a word, much less cuss a blue streak.

Another way is that suddenly you'll discover that you are giving God credit for all the little things in your life that you used to attribute to "luck" or "chance". There is no such thing as "luck". When we say "Praise the Lord" for something, we really MEAN it.

Praise the Lord that He is a God of second chances.

16. Moderator

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (gbctrdrman)

Vann, I urge you to return to your church, even if you have "make" yourself go at first. Being that you are in constant contact with the darker side of human nature, you certainly are in need to being around people who will help to lift you up rather than to tear you down. "Make" yourself go at first if you have too. God will "make" you want to soon.

That's one of the reason's we're told to assemble together to worship. So that we can draw on each others strengths to fortify ourselves for those battles that we all engage in. Join a men's study group. Ask someone to pray for you. That was one of the hardest things I had to learn actually. I'm a "tough guy". I don't need anyone to pray for me. I'll do it myself. I suspect being a police officer that runs even stronger in you than it did in me. I've learned that it's ok to ask for help. We all need it.

And Vann, I urge you to pray. God wants to hear from you. It's ok to talk to God about the things that bother you. Talk to him just like you've talked to us. Just like you'd talk to your wife. Tell him what's on your mind. What scares you. It's ok to ask God "Why?" God has answers for you Vann. He knows you better than anyone. He should. He made you. Even when you think he's not around he's right there with you. And Vann. God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer isn't what we wanted, expected, or hoped for, but we will get an answer. It may not be when we expect it. But it will come.

I don't have all the answers. There are others here who are a lot smarter than I am, but I know that God pulled me back from the edge and He's working on me to make something out of me. He can do the same for you. Keep in touch with us.

17. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (gbctrdrman)

The nice thing about asking God for sincere advice and guidance is that He doesn't ridicule us or make fun of us.

18. Member

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (CajunBass)

OK, I will talk. I don't go to church. I have been confused for a long time about religion. I am an Engineer by trade and it comes natural to me to be one. For the last 20 years I have been dealing with tangible facts being an Engineer. I want to believe, but I can't seem to find a way to prove to myself that it is real. I think I have watched too many discovery shows that talk about the evolution of animals, including man. Evolution seems very logical, but I don't want to believe it. Lately I have found myself looking for some evidence that the Bible is real and hasn't been changed over the last 1000 years. I have bought several books but can't seem to find it in those. It seems logical to me that someone along the line may have changed the bible to match their beliefs. Maybe some of it happened when it was coverted into English. I don't know how to believe because it doesn't seem logical, but I really want to. Sorry if I am making the hard core religious folks uncomfortable or not like me, but I need to figure out how to believe and soon.

19. Moderator

Re: Do you feel lost and confused? (tnbassin)

Dave, I used to think evolution was "logical" too. But then when I really examined it, I began to see that it is the most illogical theory I've ever heard. We have to believe that all the things we see in the universe, in our world just happened by accident. You say you're an engineer. What are the odd that anything will happen by accident? Does a tree accidentally become a pile of lumber? A pile of lumber accidentally become a house? No, it takes intelligent design for those things to happen.

Just look at your hand. Think of the engineering that went into designing that very unique tool. Think of all the things you can do with that. How about your eyes. Do you think they are an accident? How about when you cut yourself? If you get a break in a pipeline, does the leak stop itself? No of course not. Every time our body heals itself it's a miracle of design by the greatest engineer who ever existed. God himself.

Is the Bible accurate? You bet it is. Without going into a lot of detail, the New Testament alone has more copies existing from antiquity than any other book in the history. There are over 5000 copies ranging from complete books to small fragments. Yes, there are some differences. That's to be expected because they were hand written. But there are no differences so great that they throw any doubt on the fundamental message of the Gospel. Has the Bible been changed over the years? No, but the Devil wants you to think it has.

I can recommend a good book for you. It goes into a lot of the questions you've asked, and gives a lot better answers than I can. It was the book that made me turn back to the Bible to see the truth of God's Holy Word. It's called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Stroble. You can get it at most bookstores, or on-line, or drop me an email with your address and I'll send you copy myself. (CajunBass@AOL.com)

Let me give you one little piece of evidence about one little piece of the Bible. That is the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. I think most people would agree that that would be the biggest miracle of the Bible. I can give you one really telling piece of testimony to the truth of that event.

There were 12 men who walked the earth with Jesus. They knew him personally. One of those men betrayed him. When he realized that he had betrayed the Son of God, he hanged himself. When the other 11 witnessed the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, they were transformed from a group of frightened, broken, demoralized men, into the greatest missionaries the world has ever seen. Of those 11 men, all but one would go to their deaths proclaiming that Jesus Christ was the one true Son of God. (That one would die a natural death, but not before being boiled in oil and coming out uninjured) Not one of them ever recanted the story. If the story of Jesus was a lie, don't you think that ONE of them at least would have said so? Men do not go to their deaths joyfully for a lie. They don't suffer torture for a lie. But not one of those men ever changed their story because they knew it was the truth. They KNEW that Jesus Christ was the Son of God himself. They had seen him with their own eyes.

God is speaking to your heart Dave. Listen to him.

20. Member

Hi Dave
    That is why it is called faith. Faith has no " logical proof ".
    That is why you "believe".
    You can't see the wind but it sure has an effect.
    Don't worry about logic.
    Your "proof" will come when you start noticing that there is a new voice in you that
    guides you in what you do or say. You will start to shun the old ways and you will
    start enjoying the new way.

21. Member

Dave,
    I too am a engineer. Electrical to be specific. As an engineer, some things in the electrical field I accept on faith alone. The NEC (National Electrcial Code) is written and maintained by a dedicated group of individuals. I do not profess to understand or know all the information that is there. BUT I do believe in it.
    Now, May 5, 2004. That was the day that I started my journey. I had some many questions and couldn't find the answers. I just put it in the LORD's hands that day. You know what? I now am starting to see things that I did not reconize before. I stop and watch the great outdoors, see the birds, smell the fresh air. Life has gotten better. Will it always be perfect? No, it won't.
    Look and you will find.
    Step out upon the waters. The Lord won't let you sink.
    FAITH is the answer.
    Just believe that it will happen. Slowly but surely your life will change..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast