Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Can a chart select map be added to or saved to a regional map card?
    When all else fails, go fishing.

2. Member
    No.

3. Member
    I really want a card before ice fishing so unless I can get a definite answer from Hummingbird or maybe someone that has the Great Plains card, I'll probably go Navionics.
    Thanks all for the help.

4. Member
    I just spoke to Hummingbird and they confirmed that West Loon Lake is among the lakes on the Great Plains Plus card. They also said if the lake is on Chart Select it will be on the regional card it is within. However if the lake is on the Lakemaster Plus list it is not necessarily going to be part of Chart Select.
    I really hope this is correct because I prefer the Lakemaster Plus and I know once the package is opened it cannot be returned.
    Wayne- does this sound correct? I've followed you and Doug V. and you guys always seem to have the best info on Hummingbird products.
    If correct I just found my Christmas present ��

Since they stated the body of water is on the Lakemaster Plus card and you want a Plus card nothing else should matter.

If you only want the Chart Select single lake, then check that list. Chart Select waters have more than just contour mapping and Satellite overlay at some point and can be added to as more layers are added to a location.
    Some of the Chart Select maps I have include Contour map, USGS map, several years of satellite overlays and SmartStrike.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Coach, Hold off. I do not see Loon or east loon or any other Loon listed under Illinois in the Great Plains Plus V1. Bob
    It is not on the Lakemaster Version 6 either. CORRECTION!!! (was looking under "L")East Loon is on there for Lakemaster and Plus. Still don't see Loon or West Loon on either.
    Chart Select page with loon and east.
    https://chartselect.humminbird.com/c...347.1515421450
    Just zoom in and click on either balloon and see the prices.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 11-19-2018 at 02:12 PM.

7. Member
    West Loon is listed as Loon and per Hummingbird is on the Plus V1 Great Plains card.
    Thanks for looking.

8. Member
    My eyes must be failing me. I don't see Loon,just East Loon. Maybe I am getting Looney

Doug, could you post some shots of Lake Ouachita? I have MidSouth v2 and Ouachita was not on there so was forced to get a navionics chip that does, however it leaves a lot to be desired. Trying to decide if I want to upgrade to MidSouth v4.

10. Member
    Mid South has Ouachita in HD in version 4 but there is a version 5 out now. Same Ouachita map but others are now included. Unless the version 4 is discounted get the newer one. When a Lakemaster goes HD you can't beat em. Bob

11. Member
    Want to make sure I understand this correctly. Lakemaster cards are for a whole region. Where chart select is for one lake. If I want to add satellite overlay I have to purchase separate. Is this correct?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Want to make sure I understand this correctly. Lakemaster cards are for a whole region. Where chart select is for one lake. If I want to add satellite overlay I have to purchase separate. Is this correct?
    Thanks!
    Chart Select single maps can be purchased with just the contour map or several additional layers including satellite overlay. A particular location may have several different years of satellite overlay to choose from, or all of them. You can also add the SmartStrike feature and a USGS map.

Lakemaster map cards are is just contour maps buy regions.
    Lakemaster Plus map cards are contour maps and satellite overlay by regions.

You cannot add satellite overlay to a Lakemaster map card. If you want satellite overlay, you have to purchase the Plus version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Chart Select single maps can be purchased with just the contour map or several additional layers including satellite overlay. A particular location may have several different years of satellite overlay to choose from, or all of them. You can also add the SmartStrike feature and a USGS map.

Lakemaster map cards are is just contour maps buy regions.
    Lakemaster Plus map cards are contour maps and satellite overlay by regions.

You cannot add satellite overlay to a Lakemaster map card. If you want satellite overlay, you have to purchase the Plus version.
    Thanks! SC should be in the southeast. I would not be caught dead in Maryland or Delaware.

14. Member
    Have a question or better yet looking for help and tried browsing this section for the answer but didn't find it. I'm not saying it isn't there because I may have looked over it but I didn't see it. Anyhow, I have a New Solix 12 at the console. The Lake master cards I have mentions the Onix, Helix and a few other models but not Solix. Will the cards still work on the Solix or did I waste my money? Thanks
    2009 Bullet 21XRD
    2009 Merc 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye45b View Post
    Have a question or better yet looking for help and tried browsing this section for the answer but didn't find it. I'm not saying it isn't there because I may have looked over it but I didn't see it. Anyhow, I have a New Solix 12 at the console. The Lake master cards I have mentions the Onix, Helix and a few other models but not Solix. Will the cards still work on the Solix or did I waste my money? Thanks
    The SOLIX replaced the ONIX the same way the Helix replaced the units with number names. Basically no difference and will work in a SOLIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The SOLIX replaced the ONIX the same way the Helix replaced the units with number names. Basically no difference and will work in a SOLIX.
    Thank you for your time and response. I'm new to this graphing stuff. May be picking your brain quite often.
    2009 Bullet 21XRD
    2009 Merc 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Thanks! SC should be in the southeast. I would not be caught dead in Maryland or Delaware.
    South Carolina is on the Mid Atlantic card.

18. Member
    Does anyone know if the mid Atlantic chart covers the Potomac river and estuaries?

19. Member
    Sorry. That would be the lakemaster chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Smith View Post
    Sorry. That would be the lakemaster chart.
    HD waters can be purchased via Chart Select. No part of the Potomac is available that way so there is no HD coverage. Anything that is standard definition may be on a Mid-Atlantic region card. You have to check the list of waters

Navionics does have coverage, but not HD either. Tidal waters are not HD surveyed. They have "spot soundings". The most you can get is Navionics Sonar Charts that is HD mapping via processed sonar logs from sonar/GPS unit users.
    You can view both of the current Navionics maps on their web site's Chart Viewer (Nautical Charts=Navionics data) and (Sonar Charts=user generated data).

There is a Lakemaster Chart Select South Chesapeake marine chart for Lakemaster that is 2014 spot soundings available via Chart Select. It's like the Navionics data or a paper map and none of the Lakemaster settings work with it.
    It is NV Charts Region 5.2
    That may be on the Mid-Atlantic region card, but then it still is not HD.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast