Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Howdy again.

Looking for a mapping program for my Birds. Fish almost exclusively on Toledo, but do go to Rayburn and want to start going to the Atchafalaya Basin some. These are located in TX and LA.

What would be the best mapping option for me?

You can view the current maps that Navionics has on their website's Chart Viewer. There are two map layers, Nautical Charts (Navionics maps) and Sonar Charts (HD maps created from unit user sonar logs).

You can download the Lakemaster coverage lists on the Humminbird Lakemaster site.
    Waters listed as Lakemaster High Definition Survey are very good.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You can view the current maps that Navionics has on their website's Chart Viewer. There are two map layers, Nautical Charts (Navionics maps) and Sonar Charts (HD maps created from unit user sonar logs).

You can download the Lakemaster coverage lists on the Humminbird Lakemaster site.
    Waters listed as Lakemaster High Definition Survey are very good.

Thanks sir.

What's the difference in the Auto Chart and the Lakemaster charts???

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jchief View Post
    Thanks sir.

Think I got it. Autochart is basically a blank card that can be used to make your own maps, correct??

Quote Originally Posted by jchief View Post
    Thanks sir.

Auto Chart is a software program used to create contour mapping. The data for the mapping is done with a Humminbird unit.
    Auto Chart and Auto Chart Pro are computer programs and Auto Chart Live is a built-in software program in most newer units.

Lakemaster is a mapping company that Johnson Outdoors owns now. It is available in regions and is preloaded on a map card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I purchased the southeast v4. I am fishing Cumberland in Kentucky. It shows on their list. Not hd. I only get 20’ contours. Yet, I can go on chart select and get Cumberland in Hd. Why not offer it on the V4 card. I should have just bought it on chart select and saved my money. Any suggestion for more detail on my card?
    2017 Phoenix 819, Mercury 200 Pro XS, 80 Ultrex w/ iPilot Link, Helix 10SI console, Helix 10 DI bow

Quote Originally Posted by stratos20xl View Post
    I purchased the southeast v4. I am fishing Cumberland in Kentucky. It shows on their list. Not hd. I only get 20’ contours. Yet, I can go on chart select and get Cumberland in Hd. Why not offer it on the V4 card. I should have just bought it on chart select and saved my money. Any suggestion for more detail on my card?
    The Chart Select HD map came out AFTER the current Lakemaster version. They could not put it on the Lakemaster card since it did not exist at the time of release. Chart Select gives you the option of getting a HD map earlier than the next annual Lakemaster card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Who do I contact to request a lake be added? All the links above are dead and I got a name from Humminbird...Tom Schultz, but no address. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
    Who do I contact to request a lake be added? All the links above are dead and I got a name from Humminbird...Tom Schultz, but no address. Thanks
    Can't find a link that works and when I tried that person's name at johnsonoutdoors.com it was invalid.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Might try support@johnsonoutdoors.com and hope for the best...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Might try support@johnsonoutdoors.com and hope for the best...
    Yep, tried that twice. No response either time.

Quote Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
    Yep, tried that twice. No response either time.
    Just post the body of water you want added and it will be noted by Humminbird Lakemaster in this topic. There is no current formal request procedure.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne, I did get a lady named Juanita in Humminbird CS to answer my email and stated that she would pass my recommendation on to Lakemaster. For the record, the lake I am suggesting is Potholes Reservoir in Grant County. A 30,000 acre impoundment that is arguably the most popular fishery in the state of Washington. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Just post the body of water you want added and it will be noted by Humminbird Lakemaster in this topic. There is no current formal request procedure.
    I am pleased to report that I was contacted by a gentleman from Johnson Outdoors who monitors this forum (among others) and saw my post suggesting a lake in Washington be added to the Lakemaster Western Region Card. He seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and asked all the right questions. He also said they are working to re-instate the "Suggest a Lake" links that went dead with the changing of the guard. I'm very pleased with the response and service shown by HB/JohnsonOutdoors and have renewed hope that there will be new lakes added from Washington in the near future.

15. Member
    Please add Lake Havasu
    2019 Ranger Z520L Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke

If it helps you can get Lake Havasu as an HD survey on ChartSelect and download it. It is still not on the current West product.

17. Member
    Just got a Helix 7 and want a card for it. Unfortunately my older card is SD and the Helix takes Micro SD.
    I do have one question. The list of lakes for Illinois shows East Loon Lake in Lake County and also shows a West Lake in Lake County but does not show West Loon Lake in Lake County. I have attempted to contact Hummingbird with no luck. Since there is no West Lake in Lake County I am wondering if West Lake is indeed West Loon Lake. I fish these lakes often and my old card only has East Loon Lake. Can someone possibly take a look and see if West Loon Lake is charted for Lake County? It is in Navionics but I like the features of Lakemaster better.
    Thanks.
    When all else fails, go fishing.

18. Member
    I just looked a the chart select site. It shows Loon Lake and East Loon Lake. On chart select you could get them both at $9.99 each. I am not sure they are on the regular Lakemaster chips yet or not. Bob

19. Member
    I just saw that. Thanks. I'm assuming but if it is available for download it should be on the card? Or maybe be added with an upgrade if available?
    When all else fails, go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachKWJ View Post
    I just saw that. Thanks. I'm assuming but if it is available for download it should be on the card? Or maybe be added with an upgrade if available?
    Chart Select waters can be after an annual region card is produced. You cannot "upgrade" a Lakemaster map card, only purchase annual editions.

Basically if you have the 2018 issue and the lake was surveyed in 2018, it will be on the 2019 annual issue.
    It is offered as a single lake download with the Chart Select program so you can have the data before the Spring of 2019 if you want.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast