Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Does anyone use the smart strike? Also if i were to purchase a smart strike card then do I also need a lake master card. i am sure this is covered but I made it through page 15 of this thread before giving up....
    Thanks

The Smart Strike card only has the HD locations for each region.

Check the lists on the Humminbird SmartStrike site: http://www.humminbird.com/Category/T...y/SmartStrike/
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    Does anyone use the smart strike? Also if i were to purchase a smart strike card then do I also need a lake master card. i am sure this is covered but I made it through page 15 of this thread before giving up....
    Thanks
    I have the SSWI2 Smartstrike Wisconsin card and use it regularly. The WI version has hundreds of lakes, standard, HD, Lakemaster scanned HD, and SmartStrike compatible. Definitely go and check out the lake list for the Smartstrike card you are interested in.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

4. Member
    I have two gen 1 units helix 9 bow, helix 10 SI console all linked together with an untrex through the network hub. I have a two questions:

1 - I understand I need two map cards. I settled in on the lakemaster for the great lakes region I mainly fish MI, Lake st. clair and eerie. My quesiton is, does the great lakes smart strike card V2 include everything on the lakemaster great lakes V3 card . It is very confusing as to what the differences in the chips are.

2- has to do with autocharting. I get 8 hours built into the units. Then do I need a zero line card to store additional hours recorded? Do I just need the card, or the software as well. does the AC data overlay on either the smartstrike and/or lakemaster cars?

3- has anyone tried the AC software on a mac - running it through bootcamp? it appears there is no mac version or support.

your help on this is greatly appreciated.
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

Partial answer for #2. If you purchase only the Zero Lines Card, it will move your saved Autochart maps to the card and give you SIGNIFICANTLY more recording time. Software is not "required". Many on here use and AC software package for backing up ZLC and for viewing maps on a computer.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

6. Member
    Question about LakeMaster depth offset. Table Rock is roughly 9ft low as well as Bull Shoals. I just got a LakeMaster a few weeks ago, went to TR and set the offset to 9ft it was spot on. Last weekend I went to BS for the first time with offset at 9ft and it was off so I kept increasing it and 19ft offset made it spot on. Why is that?

It all depends on what the level was when they mapped it.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    Yup. Find a contour by the ramp when you launch and set it each time out.

9. Member
    Am I correct in assuming that it's useless to use the Lakemaster card when mapping a river that has no data lines from the lake MasterCard correct. I will be mapping with a.c. live in my helix 9 silverado gps
    Last edited by wllye; 03-17-2017 at 09:21 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wllye View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that it's useless to use the Lakemaster card when mapping a river that has no data lines from the lake MasterCard correct
    Can be useful looking for creeks and ditches that run into the river (if it shows them) if you don't know where they are. I fish the Ohio a lot, and on my pool, there is no useful information on the LM card. The ContourXD is actually better, which is really strange.

11. Member
    Doug's You Tube channel and all the knowledge found here has inspired me to pull the trigger and strap a new 2017 Terrova with I Pilot Link on the bow. The new Helix 9 Mega SI GPS is on the UPS Truck!!! Now it's time to select the best Lake Master card for WI. Any body have a suggestion on what will be the best bang for my buck? My current Lake Master card does say I Pilot on it but it's a few years old. Lake Master plus is my first thought. Looking for some fresh incite on the newest cards available with my new gear.
    Penny for our thoughts guy's !

12. Member
    Dan, My opinion on the satellite images are they are not of much practical use. There are probably some legitimate uses on some waters and $25 in not a big difference anyway. As far as newer map chips you will have to research to see how many of the lakes you use have been Lakemaster surveyed since your chip was released. Check out the Chart select option if you only have a lake or 2 that have been updated. Bob

Dan, I am using SmartStrike WI v2.0, which has the same maps as Lakemaster WI v6.0. I had an older WI, v4 or 5 and was very unhappy with it. There were glaring errors, even on lakes as popular as Okauchee. The v6, and Smartstrike v2 chips are greatly improved!!! Navionics is good, but won't help you with iPilot features. Make sure you get a newer LM chip for WI. Lake lists are available on the Humminbird website
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

14. Member
    bobcoy, I have to agree, after taking a hard look at the waters I fish the satellite view may not really help me catch fish.
    Jimmybass, My Lake Master card is WI V4 so upgrading to V6 is in the plan. Do you think the Smart Strike is worth the extra cash? Hope it doesn’t just make for boat traffic in time.
    Helix 9 Mega SI will be here Tuesday!! Can’t wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Planer Dan View Post
    bobcoy, I have to agree, after taking a hard look at the waters I fish the satellite view may not really help me catch fish.
    Jimmybass, My Lake Master card is WI V4 so upgrading to V6 is in the plan. Do you think the Smart Strike is worth the extra cash? Hope it doesn’t just make for boat traffic in time.
    Helix 9 Mega SI will be here Tuesday!! Can’t wait!!!
    when the wife and I travel (up north) and fish new lakes, I like to use it to quickly find spots to start scanning. I also like it for finding similar spots on the lake once I find a pattern.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Humminbird
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Power Pole Blades

16. Member
    can anyone tell me how to delete the auto chart map I started on the zero line card without damaging the files?
    thanks
    2014 Triton 21 XS
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Bravo 1 XS 26 P 4 Blade
    Dual Power Pole 10' Blade
    Humminbird 1198, 998, 360
    HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAttitude View Post
    can anyone tell me how to delete the auto chart map I started on the zero line card without damaging the files?
    thanks
    Look for *.ACD or *.ACU files and move them off the card, or into another folder you create.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

18. Member
    Is there a way to disable lakemaster showing the pink creek channels lines and red road bed lines? Or at least change the colors on a Helix 9 SI Mega?

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I was playing with the Lakemaster + card and noticed when I zoom in on a steep bank the contour lines become dashes and are just kind of jumbled together, is this normal? Also can I register the card on MyHumminbird?
    I noticed the same thing playing with a new Lakemaster Northeast V2.0 card. My guess is that it is normal.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

20. Member
    Very dissatisfied with my Brand new LakeMasters East V2. while Whie Lake George NY isn't HD i needed a second card for my new HB bow unit. Screen shots are of Bassin Bay and east of Dome Island vs my Navionics Premier V6 that is several years old. There are many hazards not even on the lakemsters, its going back tomorrow

1996 STRATOS 278 V
    1996 Intruder 150 HP
    Model 150GLEDB Serial # 04148601
    1991 335195 Heads
    FICHT Reed Cages
    Chris Carson Carbon Fiber Reeds
    Large Bore Carbs
    Prop Mark Croxton A45 15" X 23 Tempest
    Props Owned/Tested: 23 Renegade, 23 Renegade B&B, 22 Raker, 24 Raker, 24 Raker B&B, 26 Raker, 26 Raker II, 24 Raker II, 23 Tempest, 24 Tempest, 24 Fury, 24 Trophy, 25 Renegade, 27 Renegade, 23 Razor 3.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast