Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1517
    Quote Originally Posted by changher View Post
    Mega 360 looks a little fuzzy compared to SI+.
    No way it can produce the same image quality.
    The SI pulses scan as a thin sonar pulse at the same rate from one end to the other controlled by the boat speed.
    360 scans faster as the distance from the center increases=variable==that wheel thing.

If you use the MEGA 360 as a Side Imaging transducer, it does quite well:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No way it can produce the same image quality.
    The SI pulses scan as a thin sonar pulse at the same rate from one end to the other controlled by the boat speed.
    360 scans faster as the distance from the center increases=variable==that wheel thing.

If you use the MEGA 360 as a Side Imaging transducer, it does quite well:

In your opinion, is the SI that Mega 360 produces comparable to SI+? I know pictures can be deceiving as I'm sure if you actually look at the screen you can see it much clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by changher View Post
    In your opinion, is the SI that Mega 360 produces comparable to SI+? I know pictures can be deceiving as I'm sure if you actually look at the screen you can see it much clearer.
    No opinion, just facts.
    The SI piezos of the MEGA 360 are about 1/2 the length of a MEGA SI+ transducer so the image quality cannot be equal. The longer the Imaging piezos are, the thinner the pulse it produces. Thinner pulses produce sharper images.

Another MEGA 360 SI image:

Same area with a MEGA SI+ transducer:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks for the picture comparison Wayne! They both look relatively nice and clean.

5. Member
    Can I share the Heading Sensor I installed with my Ultrex with a new 360mega?

Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    Can I share the Heading Sensor I installed with my Ultrex with a new 360mega?
    Yes if the Ultrex has iPilot LINK.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Thanx Wayne.

8. Member
    1. Ok, new question I cant seem to find a complete answer to. I have two Helix units on bow, Gen 3Ns with Mega DI+, I'm adding Mega 360 to an Ultrex with Built in MDI. Better to use a Y-Chord? or Just hook em up separately to respective units? I'm under the impression that separate may cause interference between Mega DI and Mega 360 used at the same time on different units, but with a y cord hooked up to one unit this "may" eliminate "possible" interference?

Quote Originally Posted by woody135 View Post
    1. Ok, new question I cant seem to find a complete answer to. I have two Helix units on bow, Gen 3Ns with Mega DI+, I'm adding Mega 360 to an Ultrex with Built in MDI. Better to use a Y-Chord? or Just hook em up separately to respective units? I'm under the impression that separate may cause interference between Mega DI and Mega 360 used at the same time on different units, but with a y cord hooked up to one unit this "may" eliminate "possible" interference?
    If you have two units with transducers connected both, they will cross-talk on the same frequency when their sonar pulses overlap. It is a sure thing when both are at the bow. When you connect both transducers to a single display via Y cable, the functions are broadcast in a sequence so cross-talk is impossible.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    While Wayne is absolutely correct in his answer (no surprise there), I do have my Solix Mega+ transducer directly connected to my Solix 15 and my Mega 360 directly connected to my networked Solix 12... No Y cable. In my case the crosstalk is very acceptable.

I troll for Stripers and being able to have both SI and Mega 360 at the same time is invaluable to me. Sometimes I use Mega+ frequency on one and 455 on the other. Sometimes I use the same frequency on both. My Mega 360 is about 3/4 of the way back on my Pontoon and the Solix transducer is at the Stern on the Pontoon alone the same side (about 5 foot away). I get some.interference as the Mega sweep passes the Solix transducer but very little interference the rest of the sweep.

With all that as background, I would say, give it a try to see if the crosstalk is acceptable to you. You can always do the Y cable if not.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

11. Member
    Thanks guys. With the way that all this stuff goes with installs I think I'll just go with the Y cord to start with, had to tear everything apart once, don't feel like doing it again, so hedging my bets, ugh.
    Another question? I've got three gen3's right now with a gen 4 on back order, since I've got everything torn apart right now was just thinking about where to place the gen 4, (on the bow I have a Gen3 12 MDI+ and a Gen3 9 MDI+, Console Has 12 MSI+.) Guess what I'm trying to ask is, what is my new 12 Gen4 MSI+ best at? Better at doing? It Uses the same SI transducer as the Gen 3, so I could put the new one anywhere I guess. Would it be best on the bow running the Mega 360 and heading sensor? They are all networked right now.

12. Member
    Also I will be running all four, two in front, two at console, so Im really just asking should the Gen4 go up front to run the Mega360. Ugh, its hard to clearly ask anything anymore.

Also I will be running all four, two in front, two at console, so Im really just asking should the Gen4 go up front to run the Mega360. Ugh, its hard to clearly ask anything anymore.
    The G3N Helix SI+ and DI+ models run the MEGA 360 as well as the G4N Helix SI+ and DI+ so it makes no difference which one you have at the bow to connect the MEGA 360 or the AS GPS HS to.
    Same goes for the MEGA LIVE if that is in your future.
    You probably will want to display the MEGA 360 on a 12" model rather than the 9" so that should be the only thing you have to consider.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Thanks Wayne, you make this stuff fun, when it wouldn't be!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes if the Ultrex has iPilot LINK.

Is my heading sensor bad if the IPilot link GPS doesn’t show up under the GPS tab in the network source setup? The link is working as I can control the trolling motor on my helix unit, but the link GPS option won’t show up so I am unable to see or make waypoints on my 360.
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker11 View Post
    Is my heading sensor bad if the IPilot link GPS doesn’t show up under the GPS tab in the network source setup? The link is working as I can control the trolling motor on my helix unit, but the link GPS option won’t show up so I am unable to see or make waypoints on my 360.
    If the trolling motor is powered, Ethernet connection is working, power is connected to the Heading Sensor, and the trolling motor is deployed then it should be a choice in the Network menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    I finally got it figured out! If anyone else is having any issues getting the i-Pilot link set as your gps source for your humminbird unit to get waypoints on your M360, be sure to have the i-Pilot link software up to date.
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    Good morning Wayne
    I wanted to see if you can give me your thoughts on my mega 360 image. I just installed this on my Phoenix 919 last week. I think overall the picture is good but I know I have some fine tuning to do. My question and concern is why do I have a consistent blank spot behind the boat? Could this be an electrical issue? I wire the unit as directed and installed the 1am fuse, the wiring from the unit went to my junction box at my console
    Appreciate the feedback and support

IMG_2975.jpegIMG_2970.jpegIMG_2977.jpeg

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm not Wayne but the "blank spot" is from the shaft or foot of your trolling motor. The signal can't pass through these so they show up as blank areas. Everybody who has Mega 360 mounted on a trolling motor has these.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I'm not Wayne but the "blank spot" is from the shaft or foot of your trolling motor. The signal can't pass through these so they show up as blank areas. Everybody who has Mega 360 mounted on a trolling motor has these.
    Yes and the size of the black area is affect by the direction the motor is pointed. Also the prop blades will be recorded as black streaks since they block the sonar pulses.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 256573747576 LastLast