Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1517
  1. Member
    Whatever y cable they sell that connects mega 360 to helix to split sonars. I haven’t bought the mega 360 or the splitter yet. I have the HW dual spectrum chirp 2d puck already. Will connect to a helix gen3 12 mega+si. I have zero desire for a mega transducer on my trolling motor and this will likely be my only bow unit for the time being until I see live and more details
    Nitro z21

2. Member
    From HB site

es. HW, HW/MEGA DI+, HW/MEGA DI+/MEGA SI+ imaging transducers can be connected in conjunction with the MEGA 360. Built-In MEGA DI+ from a Minn Kota trolling motor can also be connected at the same time as a MEGA 360. A transducer splitter cable is needed to do this. Use a 9 M360 2DDI Y (HELIX) (720107-1) or a 14 M360 2DDI Y (SOLIX) (720108-1) accessory cable.
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    From HB site

es. HW, HW/MEGA DI+, HW/MEGA DI+/MEGA SI+ imaging transducers can be connected in conjunction with the MEGA 360. Built-In MEGA DI+ from a Minn Kota trolling motor can also be connected at the same time as a MEGA 360. A transducer splitter cable is needed to do this. Use a 9 M360 2DDI Y (HELIX) (720107-1) or a 14 M360 2DDI Y (SOLIX) (720108-1) accessory cable.
    The 9 M360 2DDI Y cable has the 14-pin female plug to connect the MEGA 360 to.
    It has a 7-pin female plug to connect a Humminbird HW or MDI or MSI transducer to.
    It has a 7-pin male plug to connect to a Helix's transducer port.
    No adapters needed.

The Connected Transducer setting to use what you plan on is HW/MEGA 360.
    Default when the MEGA 360 is detected is MEGA 360, you have to set the unit to use whatever else you connect.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Perfect that’s what I wanted to know.
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Connected Transducer choices for more than just the MEGA 360 include HW CHIRP 2D sonar.

Default is the MEGA 360 by itself. Refer to the list of settings when the MEGA 360 is connected.
    Good morning Wayne! Okay I have the boat in the garage.

Currently I have the US2 cable already pulled to the graph location(factory install). I've got power and ethernet cable ready to connect my head unit.

I am installing a Helix 10 Mega DI head unit no Mega DI transducer at this time along with the Mega 360.

Here are a couple of questions to help me make sure I understand!

1. I think you covered this, but I am still a bit confused. Can I connect the US2 via the 720107-1 y-cable along with the Mega 360?

2. They ran 10 gauge wire for the graph, can I pull power for the 360 from there as well?
    I will install a switch for the 360 along with the 1 amp fuse in line on the power side.

Thanks for your help as always.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ed View Post
    Good morning Wayne! Okay I have the boat in the garage.

Currently I have the US2 cable already pulled to the graph location(factory install). I've got power and ethernet cable ready to connect my head unit.

I am installing a Helix 10 Mega DI head unit no Mega DI transducer at this time along with the Mega 360.

Here are a couple of questions to help me make sure I understand!

1. I think you covered this, but I am still a bit confused. Can I connect the US2 via the 720107-1 y-cable along with the Mega 360?

2. They ran 10 gauge wire for the graph, can I pull power for the 360 from there as well?
    I will install a switch for the 360 along with the 1 amp fuse in line on the power side.

Thanks for your help as always.
    You should not be confused about what transducer to use, no where has a US2 transducer been mentioned. You can't use the US2 transducer. It must be a Minnkota built-in MDI or MSI, or a Humminbird transducer that is HW CHIRP, HW/MDI, or HW/MSI.

You can connect both to one power circuit if you fuse for the combination of both loads at the battery and then put a fuse on each power cord on that end of the circuit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    You should not be confused about what transducer to use, no where has a US2 transducer been mentioned. You can't use the US2 transducer. It must be a Minnkota built-in MDI or MSI, or a Humminbird transducer that is HW CHIRP, HW/MDI, or HW/MSI.

You can connect both to one power circuit if you fuse for the combination of both loads at the battery and then put a fuse on each power cord on that end of the circuit.
    Thanks Wayne, I did not think I could use the US2. I may have to track down a Mega DI transducer one day. For now I will hook up the 360 and go fishing!!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

8. Member
    Thanks Wayne

9. Member
    Hi Wayne, i have a question you may be able to answer. I just bought a mega 360, i'm running 2 solix g2n mega si+ di+ 10", with the screen on and running on 455hz it will draw the images fine. If i put it on mega 360 frequency the top line will draw the image as it goes around top to bottom and as the bottom line comes up it erases the image until the top line comes back round again and puts it back on the screen and it repeats the process.

Quote Originally Posted by bbass5 View Post
    Hi Wayne, i have a question you may be able to answer. I just bought a mega 360, i'm running 2 solix g2n mega si+ di+ 10", with the screen on and running on 455hz it will draw the images fine. If i put it on mega 360 frequency the top line will draw the image as it goes around top to bottom and as the bottom line comes up it erases the image until the top line comes back round again and puts it back on the screen and it repeats the process.
    Do a Restore Factory Defaults.

If that doesn't fix it, either the MEGA 360 has a week SI piezo or you have a circuit issue in the SOLIX.

Also disconnect and re-connect the cables just in case the connections are not solid.

AND if you are using a MEGA 360 Y cable, remove it and just use the included 14-pin extension cable to connect the MEGA 360 to the SOLIX to determine if the Y cable is faulty--some have had that issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Do a Restore Factory Defaults.
    AND if you are using a MEGA 360 Y cable, remove it and just use the included 14-pin extension cable to connect the MEGA 360 to the SOLIX to determine if the Y cable is faulty--some have had that issue.
    What are other symptoms of a faulty Y cable?

I opened up the bow panel on my boat and saw they installed the ethernet switch underneath there, would that be a possible cause of interference? Is there where people normally would install them? I'm getting 2 additional Helix units installed soon and I am thinking to dedicate one bow unit just to 360.

I'm still running into the shallow water interference at a shallow local lake but in all other clear socal waters, its fine, I am wondering if its the heavy silt/sediment in the shallow body of water. 360 on SI mode works fine there.
    2013 Ranger Z521 | 250 Merc Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by DC516 View Post
    What are other symptoms of a faulty Y cable?

I opened up the bow panel on my boat and saw they installed the ethernet switch underneath there, would that be a possible cause of interference? Is there where people normally would install them? I'm getting 2 additional Helix units installed soon and I am thinking to dedicate one bow unit just to 360.

I'm still running into the shallow water interference at a shallow local lake but in all other clear socal waters, its fine, I am wondering if its the heavy silt/sediment in the shallow body of water. 360 on SI mode works fine there.
    What you described is not "interference". It is loss of signal strength on one of the SI piezos. Due to the possible three things mentioned.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Hi Wayne , sorry to beat a dead horse but just want to be sure on this I am putting a transom transducer xm 9 hw msi T on bottom of my trolling motor with adapter of course and also get 360 with it to run on my helix 15,. Is y cable 9 m360 2ddI y the right y cable to use for this purpose ? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletracing View Post
    Hi Wayne , sorry to beat a dead horse but just want to be sure on this I am putting a transom transducer xm 9 hw msi T on bottom of my trolling motor with adapter of course and also get 360 with it to run on my helix 15,. Is y cable 9 m360 2ddI y the right y cable to use for this purpose ? Thanks in advance
    Yes it is for a MEGA 360.
    It has the 14-pin female connector for the MEGA 360.
    It has a 7-pin female connector for the Humminbird transducer.
    It has a 7-pin male connector for the Helix transducer port.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Thanks much Wayne for reply!

16. Member
    Wondering if anybody knows length of 360 pole and diemeter of transducer on end? Waiting for delivery and wanting to get my mount setup. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletracing View Post
    Wondering if anybody knows length of 360 pole and diemeter of transducer on end? Waiting for delivery and wanting to get my mount setup. Thanks
    Which one?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    How's the Mega 360 image quality compared to Mega SI +? I know that it is different (360 vs side), but just want an opinion on image quality between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by changher View Post
    How's the Mega 360 image quality compared to Mega SI +? I know that it is different (360 vs side), but just want an opinion on image quality between the two.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member

Mega 360 looks a little fuzzy compared to SI+.

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast