Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1517
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and I will rig my 360 TM Ultrex similarity. I just received the 360 today and plan to install tomorrow. I am sure I will other questions, but i will ask this one now. Under what circumstances would you want to remove the 360? It is apparent Humminbird has engineered the 360 for easy removal, I just want to know why?
    That is for the regular clamp on version for Fortrex motors so it doesn't get stolen when unattended or you just won't be using it for awhile.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    That is for the regular clamp on version for Fortrex motors so it doesn't get stolen when unattended or you just won't be using it for awhile.
    Thanks Wayne. I take it my fears bouncing the pod off the Ultrex shaft while trailering on rough roads, spearing waves or trying to get back to the ramp in 3 footers faster than I should are unfounded? This is my first 360 and my last thousand bucks.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

3. Member
    Question

my setup is 2 Solix 12 si's, Ultrex Link, 5 port Ethernet switch, and i am installing a 360 tm Ultrex. My question is since i already have a heading sensor installed for the Ultrex and everything is networked thru the Ethernet hub, do i need to install the AS GPS HS heading sensor that comes with the 360?

looking for help

4. Member
    My understanding is you do. Ultrex has just the heading sensor not gps. You need the gps for your waypoints. That's how I did mine. I've only been out 3 times with the 360 and love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    My understanding is you do. Ultrex has just the heading sensor not gps. You need the gps for your waypoints. That's how I did mine. I've only been out 3 times with the 360 and love it!!
    The rest if the story:

The heading sensor that comes with the Utrex is used for the jogging feature of iPilot. It only communicates with the iPilot via Bluetooth.
    iPilot has its own GPS and needs no sonar/GPS unit to function.

The heading sensor/GPS antenna that comes with the 360 connects to the sonar/GPS unit via cable to allow creating waypoints on the 360 view, display waypoints on the 360 view, stabilize the position curser when at less than .6 mph and have a GPS antenna where the transducer is for accurate waypoints. The antenna comes with all versions of the 360.

They are two separate functions not related in any way.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thanks Wayne! That explains it much better than I did. Your help is so much appreciated on BBC. You have helped me countless times!!

7. Member
    Thank you very much Wayne.

You should give workshops to Humminbird customer service personnel. Called 3 times, got 3 different answers. The third time was the correct answer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pstone522 View Post
    I finally got through all 62 pages! I am having the same issue as the guy quoted above, and I never saw an answer to this problem. I confess I didn't run a dedicated power wire though. Every couple hours I look down (helix 10) and it will be off of the 360 view, and on side imagining or chart view. I can toggle through the menu and it'll come back up most of the time. I had to re boot the 360 one time Sunday to make it start back working.

Thanks for everyone's knowledge through this thread. This is a great resource!
    Patrick

Interested in this as well, I took my bow 360 on its maiden voyage last night as well - several times during the night it would lose the 360 view and go straight to chart view - I would have to quick button back to 360 and it would connect again everytime, but this was very annoying. Any quick fixes for this?

9. Banned
    Can you run a mega tranducer on your tm and 360 on it at the same time.

2 screens on the bow. 360 one view, sonar the other view? or will they interfere with each other?

Thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    Can you run a mega tranducer on your tm and 360 on it at the same time.

2 screens on the bow. 360 one view, sonar the other view? or will they interfere with each other?

Thanks Jeff
    The 360 uses 455 kHz, no way can it cross-talk with 83/200 kHz 2D sonar. 2D/360 is a standard view.
    With a Helix/number series unit, SI/DI is turned off when the 360 view is displayed.

With an ONIX/SOLIX you can choose auto disable for Imaging when using the 360 or have 800/1200 kHz Imaging displayed at the same time as well as 2D sonar.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Banned
    i thought you guys said the 360 could only be full 360 on the solix when using a split screen?

as you can see my images suck right now

there is an unmarked brush pile behind your 83*f i would get rid of that entire side of overlay. your looking down hill as well so returns arent as good but looks a little hot.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Banned
    yea that was a shot i got when i first set up the view. i removed all of the overlays after

14. Banned
    Si di is NOT turned off when my 360 is on. TWO units on the bow. That is my question, did I install two for no reason? It sounds like your saying my 360 is not cross talking it must be interfering with my wiring etc? It seemed fine once I turned off the second unit. The 360 pic is bad and has some lightning bolts accross the screen.

My boat has 3 units total. mega on console. mega and sidi on bow all 12s and networkable.

The 360 uses 455 kHz, no way can it cross-talk with 83/200 kHz 2D sonar. 2D/360 is a standard view.
    With a Helix/number series unit, SI/DI is turned off when the 360 view is displayed.

With an ONIX/SOLIX you can choose auto disable for Imaging when using the 360 or have 800/1200 kHz Imaging displayed at the same time as well as 2D sonar.

15. Banned
    The rest if the story:

The heading sensor that comes with the Utrex is used for the jogging feature of iPilot. It only communicates with the iPilot via Bluetooth.
    iPilot has its own GPS and needs no sonar/GPS unit to function.

The heading sensor/GPS antenna that comes with the 360 connects to the sonar/GPS unit via cable to allow creating waypoints on the 360 view, display waypoints on the 360 view, stabilize the position curser when at less than .6 mph and have a GPS antenna where the transducer is for accurate waypoints. The antenna comes with all versions of the 360.

They are two separate functions not related in any way.
    Waypoints arent showing up on my new boat when on 360 view?

I have gps puck and it is plugged into the helix the 360 is usually viewed on.

I have searched and searched to see if I need to turn something on etc. I have share waypoints on for all 3 units.

Waypoints arent showing up on my new boat when on 360 view?

I have gps puck and it is plugged into the helix the 360 is usually viewed on.

I have searched and searched to see if I need to turn something on etc. I have share waypoints on for all 3 units.
    Accessories Menu
    360 Sonar Settings
    Navigation on 360---On
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Banned
    Accessories Menu
    360 Sonar Settings
    Navigation on 360---On
    Thanks wayne that was it! Didnt realize 360 had nav on setting.

Now my next issue is my spot locks show next to the boat and I am getting two tracks laid if my boat is askew a little.

I assume that is because the dealership put the ultrex directional puck behind the drivers seat and I put gps on the bow? On my old boat I had the ultrex directional puck under my bow out of sight and gps above it pretty much.

Thanks wayne that was it! Didnt realize 360 had nav on setting.

Now my next issue is my spot locks show next to the boat and I am getting two tracks laid if my boat is askew a little.

I assume that is because the dealership put the ultrex directional puck behind the drivers seat and I put gps on the bow? On my old boat I had the ultrex directional puck under my bow out of sight and gps above it pretty much.
    The trolling motor has its own GPS and it pairs with the included heading sensor. That is completely separate from your sonar/GPS unit.

The location of the Ultrex heading sensor has nothing to do with the GPS location of the motor or sonar unit. It only orients the Ultrex GPS for direction for the jogging feature.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Banned
    Yes I know they say all that. But facts are the spot lock icon is off to the side of my boat on 360 screen and on my other boat it is not

20. Banned
    Yes I know they say all that. But facts are the spot lock icon is off to the side of my boat on 360 screen and on my other boat it is not
    The "facts" are as Wayne explained them.......

Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast