Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,501 to 1,517 of 1517
  1. Member
    Thank you SLYDoggie, appreciate the info, that's make perfect sense

2. Member
    Thank you Wayne, really appreciate the info
    Can you tell me why my other unit will switch over and default to the 360 while I'm on spotlock? its a little frustrating and I don't know what setting to look at or change

appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by steelrunner26p2 View Post
    Thank you Wayne, really appreciate the info
    Can you tell me why my other unit will switch over and default to the 360 while I'm on spotlock? its a little frustrating and I don't know what setting to look at or change

appreciate the help
    If the MEGA 360 is listed in the Network Source menu, uncheck the box in the right hand column.

Current software has a MEGA 360 Detect setting, turn that Off.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 10-12-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne: I currently have a helix 8 mega+g4n si, a helix 8 mega g4n di on my bow of my boat. I have a 999 ci side imaging unit on my console. I have a mega 360 and a mega live on order along with a 5 port ethernet switch, ethernet cables, dongles, 360 y cable, gps compass, y cable for 2 d transducer for transom (2d transducer ordered too for high speed readings since i lose signal on my 999 after 10 mph)
    I intend to hook up the mega 360 to the helix mega+ g4n si unit. Will I be able to view the 360 images on my other units that are networked. The same question about mega live. I have never had a networked system and am trying to wrap my head around what can be seen on my various units.
    I purchased the helix 8 mega di as a "cho" unit as I have a mega trolling motor transducer that i recently purchased for a helix 7 mega g3 (not networkable).
    I do not intend to mount anything else on the trolling motor except the di trolling motor transducer.
    I intend to mount the mega 360, the mega live, and the helix mega si transducer on an old x5 motor guide trolling motor ( minus the motor). The reason for this is I anchor lock with my motor guide your pro quite a bit in current and wind and the mega live would be all over the place with the trolling motor constantly adjusting. I have observed many using garmin livescope using hand devices but thought a foot controlled mega live would leave both hands for fishing.
    Would there be much cross talk between mega live and mega 360?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

You can view LIVE or MEGA 360 on all the Helix units at the same time, but not MEGA 360 and LIVE on one unit at the same time.

Yes all of that will cross-talk, but when networked, you can usually eliminate it with the Interference Rejection setting in the Accessory MEGA LIVE menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thanks Wayne.

7. TDR2
    Hello,

Im having some interference issues with my mega 360. I have tried several things to fix it. Moving the 360 up and down in the water column, in conjunction with adjusting the trolling motor height. Turned off all other graphs on the boat. Ran a shielded "home run" from the battery with its own fuse. Updated the software (again), changed which unit the 360 is connected to, setting changes galore. No matter what I do, I pretty much have interference. I am posting a picture of the image at its worst along with one after a lot of adjustments, but interference still clearly visible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.cleaner.pngdirty.jpg

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdr2 View Post
    Hello,

Im having some interference issues with my mega 360. I have tried several things to fix it. Moving the 360 up and down in the water column, in conjunction with adjusting the trolling motor height. Turned off all other graphs on the boat. Ran a shielded "home run" from the battery with its own fuse. Updated the software (again), changed which unit the 360 is connected to, setting changes galore. No matter what I do, I pretty much have interference. I am posting a picture of the image at its worst along with one after a lot of adjustments, but interference still clearly visible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.cleaner.pngdirty.jpg
    This has the look of a typical a Trolling motor Interference situation. People refer to it as the wagon wheel effect. Does it do this when the trolling motor is off or at 100%? If not, then it is definitely the trolling motor.

If you have an on board charger, have you installed the choke rhT was shipped with the Mega 360 between the charger and the battery? Also there is a fuse in the head of most trolling motors and that can cause the issue as well... even if the fuse doesn't appear to be bad.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    Hello,

I had that going on when on power for the TM, have you played with the noise filter settings? Try all of them, they are not linear to my understanding. I think for me it was setting 3 that made it go away under power.
    2013 Ranger Z521 | 250 Merc Pro XS

10. Member
    Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have a ghost trolling motor. would love to hear some ways to fix this issue as well.

11. Member
    I have the same issue and have watched numerous youtube videos about possible causes and solutions. I have tried them all and nothing works. My interference only occurs when I engage the trolling motor and just for reference, my Mega 360 is dedicated to a Helix model, not networked with any of my other electronics. The only thing that works for me somewhat is to change the Mega 360 settings to 455mhz, save it, then go back and change the setting back to 'Mega Chirp' and save. I also play with the noise filter settings. Doing these things does reduce the wagon wheel interference and for some reason, it seems to get less and less as the day goes on. Very strange and very frustrating. Hope this helps. Here are a few youtube videos of a guy with the exact same issue as I do...he is really trying to solve this

Last edited by Skincheese; 03-10-2022 at 10:52 AM.

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skincheese View Post
    I have the same issue and have watched numerous youtube videos about possible causes and solutions. I have tried them all and nothing works. My interference only occurs when I engage the trolling motor and just for reference, my Mega 360 is dedicated to a Helix model, not networked with any of my other electronics. The only thing that works for me somewhat is to change the Mega 360 settings to 455mhz, save it, then go back and change the setting back to 'Mega Chirp' and save. I also play with the noise filter settings. Doing these things does reduce the wagon wheel interference and for some reason, it seems to get less and less as the day goes on. Very strange and very frustrating. Hope this helps. Here are a few youtube videos of a guy with the exact same issue as I do...he is really trying to solve this

Couple of quick questions?
    1) Do you have an on-board charger and, if so, have you installed the choke between the charger and the batteries? Many people install the choke in the wrong location and it won't do any good.
    2) Have you checked the fuse in the head of the trolling motor?
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Couple of quick questions?
    1) Do you have an on-board charger and, if so, have you installed the choke between the charger and the batteries? Many people install the choke in the wrong location and it won't do any good.
    2) Have you checked the fuse in the head of the trolling motor?
    what is the correct location and way to install the choke?

14. Member
    I am thinking I have some things to close to one another.....

Last edited by 665 Almostevil; 03-11-2022 at 06:10 PM.

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 665 Almostevil View Post
    what is the correct location and way to install the choke?
    The choke goes between the onboard charger and the batteries. This might sound strange but a trolling motor can feed RFI through the charger and out to the batteries. The choke will prevent this.

16. Member
    Wow lots of great info hear. This question may have be answered in this post but I must have missed it. I have a Helix 12 Chirp GPS G2N. Will Mega 360 connect and operate with my unit?

Quote Originally Posted by khart View Post
    Wow lots of great info hear. This question may have be answered in this post but I must have missed it. I have a Helix 12 Chirp GPS G2N. Will Mega 360 connect and operate with my unit?
    No, with that unit you can only share MEGA 360 that is connected to a MEGA SI+ or MEGA DI+ Helix.
    Compatible units are listed with that accessory on the Humminbird website.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576