Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1517
    You have to use a Sensitivity setting low enough so the bottom is dark enough that the light fish returns are not blended into the bottom. Same as you would do with Side Imaging. 360 is Side Imaging that rotates.

Fish at 1:00 and 9:00 in this screen shot:

Baitfish and bass at 10:00 to 11:00 in this screen shot on both sides of the scan line.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The Sensitivity was a little too high in this screen shot as the fish are blending into the bottom some:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I’ve heard that side imaging points down and won’t show fish high. If a fish were 150 feet away and 5 feet deep would it show up on side imaging or 360? Also a Garmin dealer told me side imaging doesn’t usually show fish, just hard targets but that’s obviously not true

4. Member
    Since you are contemplating Solix, This is a link to the manual. Page 170 is a graphic look of the sonar coverages of various frequencies and sonar types.Side and down imaging. The manual is not up to date for any of the G2 stuff but should provide some info for making your decision. Bob
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...347.1515421450

Quote Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
    I’ve heard that side imaging points down and won’t show fish high. If a fish were 150 feet away and 5 feet deep would it show up on side imaging or 360? Also a Garmin dealer told me side imaging doesn’t usually show fish, just hard targets but that’s obviously not true
    Humminbird's Side Imaging using 455 kHz covers from the water's surface on one side to past vertical under the transducer on both sides. The 360 is Side Imaging that rotates and uses 455 kHz. Basically they show the exact same thing, just scans differently.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Ive been wanting a 360 for some time now. I am a shallow water fisherman. I currently have a 998HDSI at the bow. would a 360 be worth the money with this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Hawg View Post
    Ive been wanting a 360 for some time now. I am a shallow water fisherman. I currently have a 998HDSI at the bow. would a 360 be worth the money with this unit?
    Yes, any 360 displayed is better than no 360 displayed.
    If you decide later to upgrade the display, it will work with any Ethernet model.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Can use some help. Does the 360 screen read your location from the unit you are using or the directional gps puck

Quote Originally Posted by Barryt View Post
    Can use some help. Does the 360 screen read your location from the unit you are using or the directional gps puck

Sonar data shows where the 360 is.
    Waypoints are shown where the AS GPS HS antenna is.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Does range have any effect on clarity? I struggled my first time out yesterday getting any type of image when sitting near known structure. I could visibly see the shadow cast on the backside of the timber but that was about it. Using fine/fast setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol-Blue View Post
    Does range have any effect on clarity? I struggled my first time out yesterday getting any type of image when sitting near known structure. I could visibly see the shadow cast on the backside of the timber but that was about it. Using fine/fast setting.
    It does somewhat. Since the SI piezos rotate, stuff that is the farthest from the center are scanned at a faster rate that towards the center (the wheel effect). So the longer the range, the faster stuff is scanned. That is why 360 does not produce images as sharp as SI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have a "bow 360" unit that I have mounted into a trolling motor clamp and I move the 360 back and forth from my bass boat to my pond boat.

The 360 works perfect on my Helix 12 set up on my bass boat right now, but when I go to attach it to my Helix 7 set up on my pond boat it's not working. I did the
    Accessory Test and it shows the 360 as Unconnected. Does this mean that there is no power going to the 360 or there is a ethernet cabling problem ?

thanks, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by doctorxring View Post
    I have a "bow 360" unit that I have mounted into a trolling motor clamp and I move the 360 back and forth from my bass boat to my pond boat.

The 360 works perfect on my Helix 12 set up on my bass boat right now, but when I go to attach it to my Helix 7 set up on my pond boat it's not working. I did the
    Accessory Test and it shows the 360 as Unconnected. Does this mean that there is no power going to the 360 or there is a ethernet cabling problem ?

thanks, Chris
    Either or both.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Either or both.
    It was a connectivity problem on the pond boat side. The poles must be aligned !!

Danke sehr gut Wayne !

15. Member
    I ran into an issue today with my 360. It worked great all day then out of nowhere I noticed as the “bars” rotate, the leading edge displays the image as it rotates, then the trailing edge erases the image leaving my screen half empty and the other half normal. I shut off both the 360 and restarted the helix 12 it’s displayed on. No luck. What are my next steps to troubleshoot this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ol-Blue View Post
    I ran into an issue today with my 360. It worked great all day then out of nowhere I noticed as the “bars” rotate, the leading edge displays the image as it rotates, then the trailing edge erases the image leaving my screen half empty and the other half normal. I shut off both the 360 and restarted the helix 12 it’s displayed on. No luck. What are my next steps to troubleshoot this?
    The 360 is a dual piezo Side Imaging transducer, you must have a faulty piezo with just one functioning.

Does it only do one side when you select the 360 as the SI source in the Network menu?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    I turned SI on when it went south and SI wouldn’t come up at all. Granted the 360 takes forever to connect with the helix so I maynot have given it sufficient time to connect.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The 360 is a dual piezo Side Imaging transducer, you must have a faulty piezo with just one functioning.

Does it only do one side when you select the 360 as the SI source in the Network menu?
    to follow up with you Wayne, the left side SI of my 360 will only show a few feet of say a 100 foot area. Same goes for the 360 view. When rotating I have half a screen and the faulty half there will be a small area showing of a 60 foot area. Maybe 5 feet. As you mentioned, it seems half of this head is not working correctly.

MEGA 360 information

MEGA 360 Compatibility:

• Direct Connect MEGA 360 Sonar Transducer:

SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOSOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOSOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHOHELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 9 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3NHELIX 9 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3NHELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N (Note that due to a hardware limitation in the SOLIX “G1” and HELIX G2N, MEGA 360cannot directly connect and be controlled by these models)

• Indirectly via an Ethernet subscription to a SOLIX G2 or HELIX G3N model:

All SOLIX G2, All SOLIX “G1”, All HELIX G3N, All HELIX G2N

FAQ:

• How does the MEGA 360 connect?
      • The new MEGA 360 connects the same way that a conventional 2D, DI, or SI transducer connects.
      • The MEGA 360 can be connected directly alongside a second transducer with a transducer splitter cable. For HELIX units use: 9 M360 2DDI Y (720107-1). For SOLIX units use: 14 M360 2DDI Y (720108-1).
      • If the MEGA 360 is connected in addition to another transducer, sonar options will be 2D, DI, 360, and SI from the MEGA 360. Stand-alone SI will not be an option while the MEGA 360 is connected

• Can I connect other transducers at the same time as the MEGA 360?
      • Yes
      • HW, HW/MEGA DI+, HW/MEGA DI+/MEGA SI+ imaging transducers can be connected in conjunction with the MEGA 360. Built-In MEGA DI+ from a Minn Kota trolling motor can also be connected at the same time as a MEGA 360.
      • A transducer splitter cable is needed to do this. Use a 9 M360 2DDI Y (HELIX) (720107-1) or a 14 M360 2DDI Y (SOLIX) (720108-1) accessory cable.
      • If an MEGA SI+ transducer is connected with one of these y-cables, the Humminbird will not be able to get SI data from the MEGA SI+ transducer – only HW and MEGA DI+ will be available. However, the user can get MEGA SI data from the MEGA 360.
      • US2 Minn Kota transducers and Humminbird transducers that are 83/200 or 50/200 cannot be connected at the same time via Y cable with a MEGA 360.
      • Airmar High-Wide transducers can be connected at the same time as a MEGA 360, but Low, Medium, High, and 50/200 kHz Airmar transducers cannot be connected at the same time.

• What is the MEGA 360 wet switch used for?
      • The MEGA 360 wet switch automatically stops MEGA 360 pinging/rotation while the transducer is out of the water,in order to prevent wear and tear.
      • The MEGA 360 and Humminbird unit remember if the user had pinging turned on or off, and when the MEGA 360 is put back into the water, it will resume the users selected previous operation mode.

• What other frequencies does the MEGA 360 support besides MEGA?
      • The MEGA 360 can ping at MEGA and 455 kHz frequencies.

• How can I use the MEGA 360 to mark waypoints and spot-lock points?
      • The MEGA 360 can be used to create waypoints and spot-locks.
      • In order to do this a Humminbird AS GPS HS (408400-1) or Minn Kota i-Pilot Link BT Heading Sensor must be on the network.
      • In order to use Minn Kota i-Pilot Link BT Heading Sensor data:
        • SOLIX must be running software version 3.400 or later
        • HELIX must be running software version 1.940 or later
        • i-Pilot Link must be running software version 1.270 or later | i-Pilot Link remote version 2.010 or later

• How is the MEGA 360 powered?
      • The MEGA 360 is powered by a separate power cable that connects to a 12 volt power source.

• Is the MEGA 360 easy to install and remove?
      • The MEGA 360 has connectors and a mounting bracket that are designed to be installed or removed in 1-2 minutes.

• What trolling motors is the MEGA 360 compatible with?
      • The MEGA 360 is compatible with 45” and 54” shaft-length Minn Kota Ultrex, Fortrex, and Maxxum trolling motors.

• Is there a transom mount version of the MEGA 360?
      • No

• Can the MEGA 360 be shared between the HELIX and SOLIX over Ethernet?
      • No.
      • If the MEGA 360 is connected to a SOLIX – it can only be shared over Ethernet to other SOLIX units.
      • If the MEGA 360 is connected to a HELIX – it can only be shared over Ethernet to other HELIX units.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 12-12-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyBass View Post
    Wayne,

What does this exactly mean ……"(Note that due to a hardware limitation in the SOLIX “G1” and HELIX G2N, MEGA 360cannot directly connect and be controlled by these models)

• Indirectly via an Ethernet subscription to a SOLIX G2 or HELIX G3N model:"

I have a G1 Solix so I'm just curious.

Thanks

Rich
    The current 360 will connect to your unit via Ethernet cable/Ethernet port.
    The MEGA 360 connects to SOLIX G2 at the transducer port ONLY--it is not an Ethernet device.

The "subscription" means a SOLIX G2 can share the MEGA 360 via Ethernet to the first generation SOLIX.

All that information means to use the MEGA 360 you need a G3N Helix or a G2 SOLIX to start with.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast