Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1517
  1. Member
    Over the last couple days I've read probably 70% of this thread. Just wanted to say thanks for all the information posted here.

I just purchased a new helix 12 mega to pair with my 998csi. Hoping to have everything installed and networked together this weekend. I've also been seriously considering adding a 360 on the transom.

I'll say up front that I'm mainly a striper / hybrid fisherman. My goal is to use the 360 to help me stay on schools of fish as they are moving and also to help find schools of shad when I'm netting bait.

I've watched a ton of videos (huge thanks to Doug) and it looks like these are pretty reasonable expectations. My biggest hang up is my fishing mentor has basically told me it wouldn't be as useful as I'm hoping. This guy has taught me almost everything I know about striper fishing and his opinion holds a lot of weight.

It's quite a bit of money for me and I just want to ask those of you who have experience with the 360 if my expectations above are pretty reasonable? Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    Over the last couple days I've read probably 70% of this thread. Just wanted to say thanks for all the information posted here.

I just purchased a new helix 12 mega to pair with my 998csi. Hoping to have everything installed and networked together this weekend. I've also been seriously considering adding a 360 on the transom.

I'll say up front that I'm mainly a striper / hybrid fisherman. My goal is to use the 360 to help me stay on schools of fish as they are moving and also to help find schools of shad when I'm netting bait.

I've watched a ton of videos (huge thanks to Doug) and it looks like these are pretty reasonable expectations. My biggest hang up is my fishing mentor has basically told me it wouldn't be as useful as I'm hoping. This guy has taught me almost everything I know about striper fishing and his opinion holds a lot of weight.

It's quite a bit of money for me and I just want to ask those of you who have experience with the 360 if my expectations above are pretty reasonable? Thanks in advance for any help!
    I think there's a used transom 360 in the swap and sell boards now. Should be able to get a good deal on it. If it's not what you hoped for, it probably won't be a big loss. You should be able to see schools of strippers but keeping up to them could be another issue.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

The 360 works great striper fishing. I love mine. Saves alot of time catching bait!

4. Member
    Thanks for the comments guys. I typically pull planer boards or downline shad and rarely go over .8 mph (slower most of the time). Do you think schools of striper would be visible at those speeds?

Thanks again for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I typically pull planer boards or downline shad and rarely go over .8 mph (slower most of the time). Do you think schools of striper would be visible at those speeds?

Thanks again for the help!
    Yes
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Member
    Well I pulled the trigger.... Looking forward to giving it a try

7. Member

Question TM 360 question

​ This may sound stupid, but does the T.M. 360 need its own GPS sensor hooked up? I must confess I didn't read all 62 pages of this post.
    Luck favors the prepared ; Louis pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by poleNhand View Post
    ​ This may sound stupid, but does the T.M. 360 need its own GPS sensor hooked up? I must confess I didn't read all 62 pages of this post.
    All versions of the 360 come with the AS GPS HS antenna. The heading sensor orients waypoints on the 360 view. You don't have to use it.

It does not connect to the 360, it connects to the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Thanks for your quick response Wayne. This helps a lot. Thanks again.
    Luck favors the prepared ; Louis pasteur

hey guys...been a while...running two 1199's, ethernet hub and 360...last time out fishing, after launching...fired up the units and both 1199'S would not find 360 source not found? so we left it alone...got home and didnt think about it again until getting ready to fish again...we had battery charger hooked up to batteries as boat had been charging...so we figured we would tinker with it a bit...we connected the heads and booted them up...again, no 360 source found?? We then started checking connections...now the pod would not go up and down manually with the manual button on top??...checked power at connection at top of 360...have plenty power..like 13.9 volts because charger was on...we then unhooked changer and tried again..still nothing...let it sit for a while, then magically it had power inside the unit and it went up and down, but still no source found??? ANY ideas?? all connections are tight...no pinches cables, etc...all fuses good...360 has power at connection and unit goes up and down manually...just cant find it...Lost

Process of elimination. Hook units directly to it separately, with and without hub. Try using different cables when attaching units separately. If nothing changes, it's likely the 360.
    NRA Life Member

all fuses are good and have never blown...I will try different cables next...I read somewhere about shutting them all down and booting without ethernet cables attatched a couple times...going back to defaults on all units and then restarting without ethernet..then hooking them all back up and hope it works...I hope its not the unit...We purchased one of the first ones that hit the market...Paid well over $2000 for it and maybe deployed it less than 75 times...I will not be a happy camper..out of warranty now and I think its $400 just to have them look at it...plus shipping both ways...The unit used is barely worth $600-$800 if you can get that out of it...so I would have to spend $400 to maybe get $400 back out if I sell it(a wash)...or just sell it for repair and maybe get $200...man I hope its not the unit

13. Banned
    360 networked and viewing on helix 12si. Will give me option to use 360 for si but not for di. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ShipHappens View Post
    360 networked and viewing on helix 12si. Will give me option to use 360 for si but not for di. Any suggestions?
    Software version 1.350 removed the composite DI function with the 360. That happened December 3, 2016.
    It is what it is.

Composite DI is only available from a SI transducer.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 04-14-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Software version 1.350 removed the composite DI function with the 360. That happened December 3, 2016.
    It is what it is.

Composite DI is only available from a SI transducer.
    Thank you for the information

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbama View Post
    I'm running two 998's on the console and an 1198 on the bow. My 360 is on the trolling motor. All connected by Ethernet to the 5 port switch. At times my 1198 says it has lost the 360 network (and the screen will change automatically) but the 998 on the console will continue to display the 360 image. I have gotten the 360 view to show back up on the 1198 by toggling thru the views. This happens to me once or twice a day. I ran 12 ga wire from the battery to the bow and my voltage is real good on the 1198 (12.0+). v 7.09 on all 3 units and the 360 is running v 2.03. Frustrating at times but have always been able to get it back going
    I finally got through all 62 pages! I am having the same issue as the guy quoted above, and I never saw an answer to this problem. I confess I didn't run a dedicated power wire though. Every couple hours I look down (helix 10) and it will be off of the 360 view, and on side imagining or chart view. I can toggle through the menu and it'll come back up most of the time. I had to re boot the 360 one time Sunday to make it start back working.

Thanks for everyone's knowledge through this thread. This is a great resource!
    Patrick

Getting ready to purchase and install a trolling motor 360 and had a power question. I currently run a separate battery with dedicated power cables for my two graphs, 1159 DI bow/Helix 9 SI console. Could I use the existing power for the bow graph and split off of it with a battery switch? That way I could still turn the 360 on and off with the switch and not affect the 1159. I'm not opposed to running another set of cable just for the 360, but is it really necessary?

Also, I see wording that says the 360 has an internal GPS heading sensor included - I thought it was only available as an external puck? If it is an external puck, what would be the affects of me mounting it at the back of the boat with the 360 on the trolling motor?

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Getting ready to purchase and install a trolling motor 360 and had a power question. I currently run a separate battery with dedicated power cables for my two graphs, 1159 DI bow/Helix 9 SI console. Could I use the existing power for the bow graph and split off of it with a battery switch? That way I could still turn the 360 on and off with the switch and not affect the 1159. I'm not opposed to running another set of cable just for the 360, but is it really necessary?

Also, I see wording that says the 360 has an internal GPS heading sensor included - I thought it was only available as an external puck? If it is an external puck, what would be the affects of me mounting it at the back of the boat with the 360 on the trolling motor?

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    They need separate fuses, not a common one. If you want to install a fuse block or terminal block at the bow, fuse the circuit at the battery, then have separate connections at the bow with a fuse each, that would work.
    1A for the 360 and 3A for the 1159

The 360 does not have a GPS antenna, it is a sonar transducer. It comes with the AS GPS HS GPS/Heading antenna that connects to a display.

The 360 comes with that antenna to create and display waypoints on the 360 view. If you have them a boat length apart, that is a boat length waypoint position error.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Awesome - thanks Wayne!

I have a hole in the back of the boat where a GPS puck was installed, but that makes sense that it would read a boat length off off I put the heading sensor there. I guess if I did the transom mount 360 it would work...LOL!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Several have asked how to rig their boat to make it easier to remove the Bow 360 Imaging Transducer when not using. Here is how I have mine rigged with the Power Cable and Ethernet Extension from the 5 Port Switch Outside the Bow Panel.

Thanks for the pictures and I will rig my 360 TM Ultrex similarity. I just received the 360 today and plan to install tomorrow. I am sure I will other questions, but i will ask this one now. Under what circumstances would you want to remove the 360? It is apparent Humminbird has engineered the 360 for easy removal, I just want to know why?
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast