Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1517
  1. Skeeterboy1
    Seems like when marking a waypoint on my 360 and then going back to it on the 360 it's shows up on the opposite six of the screen and it's backwords on the screen and hard to move in on is there a setting I need to reverse seems like I'm chasing the waypoint
    <')))><

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterboy1 View Post
    Seems like when marking a waypoint on my 360 and then going back to it on the 360 it's shows up on the opposite six of the screen and it's backwords on the screen and hard to move in on is there a setting I need to reverse seems like I'm chasing the waypoint
    Is your HS antenna calibrated and functioning properly?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Do you have the 360 pointed correctly? Asuming this is bow 360...the wide part needs to be forward and narrow side on top the Imaging Pod needs to be pointed backwards.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

4. Skeeterboy1
    Yes on pointed in right direction how does one calibrate the gps puck
    <')))><

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterboy1 View Post
    Yes on pointed in right direction how does one calibrate the gps puck
    The installation manual has the instructions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I would like to request that both the bow and the transom 360 have the option to offset either forward or backwards.

Currently the bow 360 can only offset forward and the bow 360 can offset backwards.

Several of us are working on alternate installation solutions for both the bow and transom models.....especially the bow model. Some are also considering alternate mounting of the transom 360 utilizing the portable mount.

With the offset having a fixed direction, this reduces the flexibility of custom mounting the device where you want.

Humminbird ONIX and 360 provide incredible details and is a huge asset to Shallow Water Anglers. Here is some footage of what it can do for you

--

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

8. Member
    I disagree on the 50'ring doug. I love mine and have 4 months on it now but I assume its mostly due to differences in our regions. Ive used it a ton to find rougher spots on long points (clean rock sticks out like a soar thumb over sludgey bottom) Ive used it to see awesome weedbed detail in shallow muddy water as well but I am almost always on 100' or 80'. I find im hitting things 80' out in 10-15fow. Nothing beats time on the water shallow up hear in the clear water, it has doubled my effectiveness offshore visualizing the spot on the spot (brushpile on a hump, fish school on a point etc)

Quote Originally Posted by nickyp View Post
    I disagree on the 50'ring doug. I love mine and have 4 months on it now but I assume its mostly due to differences in our regions. Ive used it a ton to find rougher spots on long points (clean rock sticks out like a soar thumb over sludgey bottom) Ive used it to see awesome weedbed detail in shallow muddy water as well but I am almost always on 100' or 80'. I find im hitting things 80' out in 10-15fow. Nothing beats time on the water shallow up hear in the clear water, it has doubled my effectiveness offshore visualizing the spot on the spot (brushpile on a hump, fish school on a point etc)
    I use 40' most of the time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Do you have the bow or transom mount?

This video was to show the benefits of 360 Imaging in Shallow water and my recommendation on how I use when I'm in shallow water less than 5' Deep. It's not the answer for all the time use in all the different conditions the deeper the water and when looking for schools I'll increase the range. But normally in shallow water I'm looking for isolated fish on isolated cover. If you crank the distance wider it will make it harder to see fish especially when the bass are in the 15" to 20" range
    --

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Do you have the 360 pointed correctly? Asuming this is bow 360...the wide part needs to be forward and narrow side on top the Imaging Pod needs to be pointed backwards.
    Doug, can you take a pic of the puck and post if for us? Are you saying that the arrow should be pointing towards the stern and not directly in front of the boat? So like this v and not like this ^?
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDon View Post
    Doug, can you take a pic of the puck and post if for us? Are you saying that the arrow should be pointing towards the stern and not directly in front of the boat? So like this v and not like this ^?
    The pointer is tear drop shaped. The rounded end points forward and the pointed end points rearward.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Just like in the Installation Guide shows

--

15. Member
    oops sorry, I thought you were talking about the GPS puck with compass, never mind. Thanks though.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

16. Member
    Had mine out yesterday for the first time. Just happy that everything worked and the picture seemed to be pretty good. Will post some pics later this week and would love to get some feedback on the settings to improve the image.

Still having trouble wrapping my brain around the water column portion of the picture....even after reading the post a page or two back. With si, looking out through the water column....is it the same with this, just in all directions? or is it really just the water under the boat (in slant range) and if so how wide is the column, ie, do the range rings apply? Any good articles or videos...the whole folded up sheet of paper thing made it crystal clear for me with the side imaging...anything like that?
    Last edited by cactusflyr; 08-04-2014 at 04:59 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Here is some 360 Imaging Shots from Lake Amistad from my Transom Mounted 360 Imaging

Wow....those are some clear pics. You took those pics running 360 on fast speed? Got my 360 out on the water for the first time, along with the 999. The si images were great. The 360 image seemed a little fuzzy and I would call them avg to good...might have been the small waves? settings....std speed, low contrast, sensitivity-15. love to post some pics and have you give some input on how to improve the image. Will get some in the next few days. Was just really happy that everything was working after reading about some of the troubles people are having.

18. Member
    Sorry if they look crappy here and there. Im usually more concerned with fishing then setting up a nice snapshot. Two of these pictures producing a 14.50 and a 15.09lb bag in the last month and has me in AOY control.

The brushpile on that hard shell bottom or whatever it is had 15+ fish over 2lbs on it this past Sunday and I would not of found it without 360
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflyr View Post
    Wow....those are some clear pics. You took those pics running 360 on fast speed? Got my 360 out on the water for the first time, along with the 999. The si images were great. The 360 image seemed a little fuzzy and I would call them avg to good...might have been the small waves? settings....std speed, low contrast, sensitivity-15. love to post some pics and have you give some input on how to improve the image. Will get some in the next few days. Was just really happy that everything was working after reading about some of the troubles people are having.
    Fine/Fast was the speed I used on those images.
    --

Sorry if they look crappy here and there. Im usually more concerned with fishing then setting up a nice snapshot. Two of these pictures producing a 14.50 and a 15.09lb bag in the last month and has me in AOY control.

The brushpile on that hard shell bottom or whatever it is had 15+ fish over 2lbs on it this past Sunday and I would not of found it without 360
    --

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast