Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
Do not use the boat wiring harness in any way. Pull a circuit for the bow unit all the way to the battery. Same for the console unit. Fuse the circuits at the battery.
An alternative is to install a dedicated electronics fuse panel and then connect the units to that. Circuit breaker at the battery for the fuse panel. Correct fuse in the panel for each individual unit.

Waypoints are created and written to the unit's memory, they are never to be on any map card for any reason. Waypoints are GPS data, mapping is map data, they are different.

The added mapping should have the waters you will navigate on--check their coverages. You can download the Lakemaster lake list from the Humminbird Lakemaster site, and view the current Navionics maps on their website's Web App.

Ethernet lets you share GPS data, Ethernet accessories, sensors, and sonar data.

Either post a picture of your transom and/or look at all the installs at the beginning of this topic.

Thanks for the reply, I have a dedicated Fuse Panel for electronics, I installed this.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with 10 gauge coming from the battery to it.
However I do not at the moment have a circuit breaker at the battery. What size should that be? My plan was to solder them both into the same 14 gauge wires ran to the fuse panel. I think you are suggesting to run the both on their own circuit. So run the front one to a circuit fused with a 3 amp and the console one on another circuit fused with 3 amp? And I attached some photos of my transom, I think you just replied before I got them up. Thanks again!