Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Hi

I have some issue with my network , I m trying to connect a 898 ai with a 1198si

I have a Ethernet câble and I don't see a icon when is connected

But when I'm plugin 2 x 898 together I see both..

Could that be a setting or maybe my Ethernet port is down ?

Thanks for the help !

2. Member
    I don't have switch I just want tu connect 2 unit..it works with the 2898 but not with the 1198.…when I do 1198 to 898 ... The 1198 won't show up the network icon in the menu.. I m thinking that maybe the 1198 Ethernet port is scrap... Or I don't know if we have a setting to turning on... It was working the first hour after I reset it because I was not able to see waypoint ( it was indicated save but no waypoint on the screen) a soon a restore to default factory. Now I see waypoint but not the network

3. Member
    Sorry if I missed this but if I have 4 graphs ultrex and 360 how do I go about connecting all this together within the Ethernet network? I currently have 3 graphs ultrex and will be installing my 360 soon. When I do this I won’t have any more Ethernet ports after installing the 360. My end plan is to have a dedicated unit for 360. So that would leave me with a unit not connected to the network.
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    You can get a second ethernet switch and hook it to the first. Bob

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrus View Post
    I don't have switch I just want tu connect 2 unit..it works with the 2898 but not with the 1198.…when I do 1198 to 898 ... The 1198 won't show up the network icon in the menu.. I m thinking that maybe the 1198 Ethernet port is scrap... Or I don't know if we have a setting to turning on... It was working the first hour after I reset it because I was not able to see waypoint ( it was indicated save but no waypoint on the screen) a soon a restore to default factory. Now I see waypoint but not the network
    Do you have the latest update on all the units? It is required.

6. Member
    Yes all units updated !

7. Member
    If you see waypoints from the other unit you are connected. I will give you links to the ethernet manual.
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...BoCJvAQAvD_BwE
    And French
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...BoCJvAQAvD_BwE

This subject can be quite complicated,hence the manual
    Bob

So a few questions: I have a 21.5' fish/ski (Ultrex 112, 997si, 999hdsi & Hyrdrowave at bow) 998si at the console which is interlinked with the 997SI at the bow along with a weather sense and a single GPS AGR puck. located near the console). I just bought the 999hdsi and currently have it at the bow due to the fact that it has a built-in GPS puck and isn't network compatible with interlink so I've got it connected via ILINK to my Ultrex for contour tracking and the 997 for depth/side imaging at present.

QUESTION 1: I have noticed that the screen on my 999hdsi is much brighter than the 997SI at the bow. 999hdsi, 997SI and Hyrdowave are wired direct to a dedicated fuse block near the battery via a single dedicated 14ga wire. Is the brightness variance due to the difference in the unit output (997 v 999) or due to the fact that I'm pulling power 19' using one 14ga wire and have a voltage drop?.

QUESTION 2: If you think its power related, is it better to pull one 10 or 12ga wire from the battery to the bow and then add a fuse box at the bow to connect the multiple electronics units or pull a dedicated pair of 12 or 14ga wires from the rear fuse panel forward for each unit?

Additional Consideration: I'm thinking about adding a 360 unit to my Ultrex which will be yet more power requirement

PS...thanks for all the great info in this forum!

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jasta View Post
    So a few questions: I have a 21.5' fish/ski (Ultrex 112, 997si, 999hdsi & Hyrdrowave at bow) 998si at the console which is interlinked with the 997SI at the bow along with a weather sense and a single GPS AGR puck. located near the console). I just bought the 999hdsi and currently have it at the bow due to the fact that it has a built-in GPS puck and isn't network compatible with interlink so I've got it connected via ILINK to my Ultrex for contour tracking and the 997 for depth/side imaging at present.

QUESTION 1: I have noticed that the screen on my 999hdsi is much brighter than the 997SI at the bow. 999hdsi, 997SI and Hyrdowave are wired direct to a dedicated fuse block near the battery via a single dedicated 14ga wire. Is the brightness variance due to the difference in the unit output (997 v 999) or due to the fact that I'm pulling power 19' using one 14ga wire and have a voltage drop?.

QUESTION 2: If you think its power related, is it better to pull one 10 or 12ga wire from the battery to the bow and then add a fuse box at the bow to connect the multiple electronics units or pull a dedicated pair of 12 or 14ga wires from the rear fuse panel forward for each unit?

Additional Consideration: I'm thinking about adding a 360 unit to my Ultrex which will be yet more power requirement

PS...thanks for all the great info in this forum!

1. It is entirely the backlighting difference. The 998c HD SI Combo was the first 900 series that got the brighter LED backlighting.
    The 998c SI Combo and 997c SI Combo have CCFL backlighting.

2. Nothing else is relevant to the brightness difference, you can't make a CCFL unit brighter. It is good idea to increase the conductor size to reduce the voltage loss due to the resistance of wire size/length, especially with multiple loads on it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne! Amazing difference between the 999HDSI and the 997 when you see them side by side. Glad I don't have to re-wire! and can focus on re-configuring my network.

11. Member
    When wiring power to the AS ETH 5 PXG eithernet switchbox up, do you leave power running to it constantly? Or install a on/off switch?

what amp fuse is used with it?

Any special size power wires running power to it? Gauge of wiring used?

Thanks for the replys.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    When wiring power to the AS ETH 5 PXG eithernet switchbox up, do you leave power running to it constantly? Or install a on/off switch?

what amp fuse is used with it?

Any special size power wires running power to it? Gauge of wiring used?

Thanks for the replys.
    Should be switched.
    If you have a spare circuit that is controlled by the main power switch, that is a convenient one to use.

Don't remember the fuse size, it's in the installation instructions.

18 gauge is enough if you are not extending it 10'+
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Is there a Y cable for solix so I can run a in hull transducer?
    Is there a in hull transducer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    Is there a Y cable for solix so I can run a in hull transducer?
    Is there a in hull transducer?

YES
    For either model the Y cable is
    14 M SIDB Y

YES
    For the first generation SOLIX SI unit, the shoot-thru transducer is XP 14 20.
    For the G2 SOLIX SI unit, the shoot-thru transducer is XP 14 HW.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Planning for a Ranger Z519 and would like to confirm some things.

Will be rigging a helix 10 mega SI at console to its transducer at the transom. Will also want to connect to the high speed transducer in the bilge.

Am I correct in that I will need the 9M SIDB Y splitter y cable?

Also assume this splitter cable connects into my helix mega head unit?
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 02-02-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Planning for a Ranger Z519 and would like to confirm some things.

Will be rigging a helix 10 mega SI at console to its transducer at the transom. Will also want to connect to the high speed transducer in the bilge.

Am I correct in that I will need the 9M SIDB Y splitter y cable?

Also assume this splitter cable connects into my helix mega head unit?
    Yes

Yes
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Another question regarding using a Y cable. I have just replaced a Helix 10 SI G1 unit with a Helix 10 SI G3+ unit. Its on a Tracker 195 aluminum hull. I put the new transducer in the EXACT same place as the old one. It gives perfect images up to 8-10 mph and then it goes blank. I have moved the transducer location up and down 4-5 times with no improvement at speeds greater than 10 mph. Obviously 2d is all I need above the 10 mph. The 2d from the G1 transducer always read fine up to 30 mph or so. Do I need to get the Y cable and a separate Dual Spectrum transducer to try and get a high speed 2d reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoD View Post
    Another question regarding using a Y cable. I have just replaced a Helix 10 SI G1 unit with a Helix 10 SI G3+ unit. Its on a Tracker 195 aluminum hull. I put the new transducer in the EXACT same place as the old one. It gives perfect images up to 8-10 mph and then it goes blank. I have moved the transducer location up and down 4-5 times with no improvement at speeds greater than 10 mph. Obviously 2d is all I need above the 10 mph. The 2d from the G1 transducer always read fine up to 30 mph or so. Do I need to get the Y cable and a separate Dual Spectrum transducer to try and get a high speed 2d reading ?
    If you can't adjust the MSI+ transducer for "high speed" depth/2D sonar you can add the smaller transom 2D transducer and maybe get that performance.
    You would need the current model Y cable 9 M SIDB Y.
    The XNT 9 HW T is the transom 2D, but I would recommend you use a different mount with it. Either add the Transducer Shield and Saver SBB-3 or use the metal MHX MXNT bracket instead.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Thanks for your help. My transducer is actually mounted on the very bottom step and gives such good images I don't want to keep moving it. I think I'll try the Y cable and the separate 2D transducer to get a bottom reading while on plane. Another thing I have noticed with the new G3+ SI, the DI seems to need a higher sensitivity setting to achieve the same DI I'm getting from my Helix10 G1 DI on the bow. Any ideas on this ? Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

20. Member
    Wayne, what is the wiring thing that came with my transducer? It is a round device with the red and black wires coming out of each side. It has terminal rings on one end and butt splices on the other.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast