Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckryan View Post
    What if anything will Helix 10 share with 998c SI through Ethernet cable only?
    Depends on which model Helix 10. The Sonar Sharing Grid at Humminbird website shows sonar sharing capabilities.

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...tSonarSharing/
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Depends on which model Helix 10. The Sonar Sharing Grid at Humminbird website shows sonar sharing capabilities.

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...tSonarSharing/
    thanks

3. Member
    HI
    Looking for some help please. I have just installed my new 112 Ultrex with US2 and link. Everything works 100% and the network is good with all units showing up and working. I have only one issue.

As soon as I connect the US2 cable to the adapter cable that connects to the Onix 10, I have an immediate drop in volts. Battery is fully charged and shows up 12V+, but as soon as I reconnect the wires, the voltage immediatly drops to 1.2V.

Its almost as if there is a earthing issue from within the shaft or the head units. There is no pinging from the US2 transducer either and the Onix does not pick it up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

4. Member
    Wow! Must be a tough question Ian. Wrong adapter cable?

5. Member
    At the risk of ending up with Ian in never answerland. I have an install question. With a trolling motor DI transducer is there any downside to reversing it to facilitate better cable routing? Bob

6. Member
    I give. Posting in normal thread.

7. Member
    Every time I think I know what I need to do, I remember something else. I have a Gen 1 Helix 12 and want to add a second 12 MEGA, Link them and use the Gen 1 for mapping and MEGA for sounding. I was going to order 2 ea ASECQDE's and an ASEC2E. But then I remembered I have a Terrova I-Link that is already connected to the Eithernet port and want to add a AS GPS HS to the system. My questions are:
    1) Where does the AS GPS HS connect to, the Eithernet port or the COM port?
    2) Do I need to add a AS ETH 5PXG or is there a splitter cable that I can plug into the Eithernet port on the back of the Helix?
    3) If I need the AS ETH 5PXG I know I need more 2' Eithernet cables, but is there anything more? How about power to it?

I would like to figure this out now then find out I missed something and have to wait when the wather becomes soft again.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Every time I think I know what I need to do, I remember something else. I have a Gen 1 Helix 12 and want to add a second 12 MEGA, Link them and use the Gen 1 for mapping and MEGA for sounding. I was going to order 2 ea ASECQDE's and an ASEC2E. But then I remembered I have a Terrova I-Link that is already connected to the Eithernet port and want to add a AS GPS HS to the system. My questions are:
    1) Where does the AS GPS HS connect to, the Eithernet port or the COM port?
    2) Do I need to add a AS ETH 5PXG or is there a splitter cable that I can plug into the Eithernet port on the back of the Helix?
    3) If I need the AS ETH 5PXG I know I need more 2' Eithernet cables, but is there anything more? How about power to it?

I would like to figure this out now then find out I missed something and have to wait when the wather becomes soft again.
    Ches.
    1. Humminbird external GPS antennas connect directly to a display. You choose which one.

2. No such thing as an Ethernet splitter cable. If you need more than two devices connected, you need the Ethernet Switch.

3. You still need an AS EC QDE for each Helix unit to connect an Ethernet cable to them.
    The Switch is powered so plan its location and power source, then Ethernet cable lengths from each device to the Switch.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I will have to bite the switch $$ bullet because I want the two Helixes connected and my Terrova. Oh well, can't take it with me. I have one AS EC QDE already to connet my current I-Link, so one more is understood.
    Ches.

10. Member
    One more question. I am adding a AS GPS HS to my Helix 12 mapping unit, do I need any additional cables other than what comes with the GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    One more question. I am adding a AS GPS HS to my Helix 12 mapping unit, do I need any additional cables other than what comes with the GPS.
    No, covered that with answer #1 in post #268
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Sorry Wayne, I missed that. Thanks for all your help.
    Ches.

So Have a interlink/GPS Puck question, I just picked up a guy's complete set up. 997c and 788c, he had GPS puck's coming off both units, so is this the way it has to be set up? Or can you just run one GPS puck out of the interlink port? If not what is the GPS port out of the interlink for? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    So Have a interlink/GPS Puck question, I just picked up a guy's complete set up. 997c and 788c, he had GPS puck's coming off both units, so is this the way it has to be set up? Or can you just run one GPS puck out of the interlink port? If not what is the GPS port out of the interlink for? Thanks
    Have to use the AS YC cable to connect INTERLINK and a GPS antenna to the unit COMM port, but you can eliminate those, connect the INTERLINK cables to the units and plug a GPS antenna into the INTERLINK box to share it. Has to be an older GPS antenna though, cannot use the AS GRP or AS GPS HS antenna.

BUT you will have better waypoint accuracy if you have a GPS antenna connected to each unit as the former owner did.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Have to use the AS YC cable to connect INTERLINK and a GPS antenna to the unit COMM port, but you can eliminate those, connect the INTERLINK cables to the units and plug a GPS antenna into the INTERLINK box to share it. Has to be an older GPS antenna though, cannot use the AS GRP or AS GPS HS antenna.

BUT you will have better waypoint accuracy if you have a GPS antenna connected to each unit as the former owner did.

Thanks, I have two AS YC cables and the GPS pucks I have are AS GR50 and GR 16/4, Thanks again
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 02-10-2018 at 04:03 PM.

16. Member
    Nevermined
    Last edited by mulligans; 02-15-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Found answer

Quote Originally Posted by mulligans View Post
    Nevermined
    Yes, especially if it is at the transom and the Helix is on the console.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Question? Can I network a Helix 10 SI gen2 to a Helix 10 gen1, with the gen2 as the primary unit & transducer, and the gen1 display the Mega & Chirp readouts from the gen2? Thanks
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    Question? Can I network a Helix 10 SI gen2 to a Helix 10 gen1, with the gen2 as the primary unit & transducer, and the gen1 display the Mega & Chirp readouts from the gen2? Thanks
    No, you cannot display the MEGA frequency on a first generation model, has to be G2N.

Also since the first generation Helix 10 is not CHIRP, you can't share CHIRP from a G2N, you have to turn CHIRP off to share sonar data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, you cannot display the MEGA frequency on a first generation model, has to be G2N.

Also since the first generation Helix 10 is not CHIRP, you can't share CHIRP from a G2N, you have to turn CHIRP off to share sonar data.
    Thanks Wayne. I thought so, but wanted to check just to be sure
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast