Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Ok, referencing my above post. When I add the 898 into the mix, all I need to run to it is an Ethernet cable and power since it will share the ducer/temp from the 998?
    2017 F250 Powerstroke
    2015 Ranger Z520C/
    Evinrude ETEC G2

Quote Originally Posted by InkdMarine View Post
    Ok, referencing my above post. When I add the 898 into the mix, all I need to run to it is an Ethernet cable and power since it will share the ducer/temp from the 998?
    Yes
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Video to help Understand Ethernet Networking Set-ups and How to Install

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

4. Member
    Hi. I am considering adding an 1199 to the bow of my boat. I currently have an 898 at the helm with DI/SI and a shoot through hull transducer connected to it. I also have a 788 (not sure exactly what model 788) at the bow. This unit uses the transducer in my fortrex. Both units currently are connected, I believe through Ethernet? What do I need to do (buy as well) to make the 1199 talk to both units? And, how do I hook it all up. Its on a 2012 ZX21 Skeeter if that makes any difference.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NNYBassangler View Post
    Hi. I am considering adding an 1199 to the bow of my boat. I currently have an 898 at the helm with DI/SI and a shoot through hull transducer connected to it. I also have a 788 (not sure exactly what model 788) at the bow. This unit uses the transducer in my fortrex. Both units currently are connected, I believe through Ethernet? What do I need to do (buy as well) to make the 1199 talk to both units? And, how do I hook it all up. Its on a 2012 ZX21 Skeeter if that makes any difference.
    You will need an Ethernet adapter for the 1199, Ethernet cable and the Ethernet hub to hook them all to.

6. Member
    I just pulled the bow panel off, the 788 ci HD and the 898 are joined up via Ethernet cable right now. I found a spare Ethernet adapter in my box of goodies. So all I need is the hub right? Maybe a short cable to go from the adapter to the hub?

Quote Originally Posted by NNYBassangler View Post
    I just pulled the bow panel off, the 788 ci HD and the 898 are joined up via Ethernet cable right now. I found a spare Ethernet adapter in my box of goodies. So all I need is the hub right? Maybe a short cable to go from the adapter to the hub?
    Yep, you got it. Now the deal will be finding a place that has the hub in stock.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Do a search online I found several stores that show them in-stock. I searched Humminbird Ethernet Switch part number is AS ETH 5PXG

--

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

9. Member
    hi im trying to hook up 2 998c si units and ipilot terrova do i just need a ethernet cable or do i also need a 5 port hub? And will I need to have 2 map cards for each or can I share maps with the units?
    2013 Crestliner VT17
    Honda BF75
    Minn Kota Terrova I-pilot link
    Hummindird 998c si

Quote Originally Posted by suprteck View Post
    hi im trying to hook up 2 998c si units and ipilot terrova do i just need a ethernet cable or do i also need a 5 port hub? And will I need to have 2 map cards for each or can I share maps with the units?
    If you want the two 998 units connected together and the iPilot connected also, you will need the Ethernet Switch since that is three Ethernet connections.

Those units do not share map data. Each unit has to have its own map software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Just bought near-new (14 hrs) 998 from BBC member. Who's the best on Guntersville to install, set up for me?

Can you pull wires and connect power? Drill a couple holes? Pretty simple to install. Fishfood is over by Pickwick and does installs. PM him.
    --

13. Member
    Thanks.

14. Member
    Doug, Am going to try to take your advice and install myself. Looking at your videos, which thru-hull transducer and Y-cable should I order? Video shows XP-9-20, HB catalog shows XPTH-9-HDSI-180-T for the 998cSI;is the cable still AS-SIDB-Y or AS-14SIDB-Y ? Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jims Ranger View Post
    Doug, Am going to try to take your advice and install myself. Looking at your videos, which thru-hull transducer and Y-cable should I order? Video shows XP-9-20, HB catalog shows XPTH-9-HDSI-180-T for the 998cSI;is the cable still AS-SIDB-Y or AS-14SIDB-Y ? Thanks, Jim
    The shoot-thru 2D transducer is the XP 9 20.

The XPTH 9 HDSI 180 T is a replacement for the transom XHS 9 HDSI 180 T IF you want to do a thru-hull installation under the transom extension on your Ranger.
    With either of those transducers, you still use the shoot-thru 2D transducer and the AS SIDB Y cable.

Look through the Ranger installation pictures in this topic, it shows both SI transducer types:

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...on-images.html
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks Wayne.
    One other question: believe I will remove the old flasher from the dash and mount the RAM on a plate there. Am going to buy the stronger 2.25". Anything you'd caution about mounting there vs on the surface outside the windshield, like so many show?
    Jim

Your issue is if you will have room to do that. The RAM takes up space as well as the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    I'm installing a 998cSi on my '96 461VS. Do I need the heavy 2.5" D-111U or can I use the lighter 1.5" 111U?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims Ranger View Post
    I'm installing a 998cSi on my '96 461VS. Do I need the heavy 2.5" D-111U or can I use the lighter 1.5" 111U?
    I always use the 2.5" with the 998. It will look huge with that unit but if you move to a larger unit you won't have to change the Ram mount.

20. Member
    thank you.
    Another question...installing a shoot through in the '96 461VS. Can I install at the low point, just in front of the drain in the transom extension (fantail?, not JP), or should I drop down lower at the back of the bilge, where drain plug, livewell intake, etc. are?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast