Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    My 08 201 Stratos HB 998HD SI install parts and pics.
    Console parts:
    2.25"ball ram mount with a 8" arm at the console
    HS antenna

Bow:
    Kick N Bass mount
    HS antenna
    SI Transducer saver

Miscellaneous:
    Rod sock for wire looms
    lexan for the bow cover plate
    3/4" grommunt for the 1" hole in the lexan to run the wires
    15' ethernet cable

Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

With the New Models and Questions on Previous Models and what will and will not network check out this graph for more information:

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

3. Member
    Doug I have a 998 unit at my console it is hooked up to a gps puck in the back. I just purchased a 1 yr old 1198 will I be able to use the same cables that are on the 998 and just rearrange them to fit the square connector piece on the 1198. I also purchased a 958 and have a 788 on the boat will I be able to link all 4 units or at the very least the 1198 and the 998. Last question is there much pourpose in using side imagine on the front of the boat since it reads best when moving a little faster that trolling motor speed. thanks Steven Judy

4. Member
    Do you use the heading sensor gps for both units or do you have a 2nd gps antennae for the rear unit?

Fisherman - I used two HS GPS antennas one for each unit. You could probably get away with using one regular antenna for the console and a HS GPS antenna for the bow.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitaker201 View Post
    Fisherman - I used two HS GPS antennas one for each unit. You could probably get away with using one regular antenna for the console and a HS GPS antenna for the bow.
    I exchanged both of mine also. I like having the heading line when working a contour on a map card. If money is an issue though one will be just fine.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info whitaker and fishfood

8. Member
    Just purchased a 997c SI for my 08skeeter zx200 w/10" slide master jp in the process of ordering the transducer parts I need to install the SI transducer on my jackplate. In my selection a question was asked online(transducer shield) about (hole shot plate) being needed? What is this and what is it for? New to the humminbird SI units and jp mounting options.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qking01 View Post
    Just purchased a 997c SI for my 08skeeter zx200 w/10" slide master jp in the process of ordering the transducer parts I need to install the SI transducer on my jackplate. In my selection a question was asked online(transducer shield) about (hole shot plate) being needed? What is this and what is it for? New to the humminbird SI units and jp mounting options.
    The hole shot plate is attaches to the bottom of jack plate to fill the open and supposed to help hole shots. In some boat installations this provides a good spot to mount the SI transducer to prevent interference from any obstructions on the boat. The shield is used to protect the transducer.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    Thanks easy fishn wasn't sure since it was an option on ordering my transducer shield mounting brackets

11. Member
    My used 997c SI I purchased did not come with shoot thru hull transducer. Is the xp 9 20 the correct transducer I need for my on plane readings(Guessing the fiberglass isn't to thick on my 08 skeeter zx to use this transducer)Aware I need to order a splitter as well to connect the SI and shoot thru to my unit. Anyone know part # of this splitter right off hand? Or have I been given false imfo

12. Member
    The XP-9-20 transducer is correct. The y-cable is AS-SI-DB-Y.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

13. Member
    Thank you!

14. Member
    I need a little advice on some Ethernet linking of an 1198, 998 and 898. Currently the 1198(console) is Ethernet connected to the 998(bow). There is an interlink under the console and I have the humminbird 5 port switch on standby. I want to place the 898 on the bow with 998. Will I be able to share the 998 transducer with 898? As with the 5 port switch, run power and 3 Ethernet cables(1 from each unit) to the switch? All 3 will share waypoints and 2D sonar right? Thanks in advance
    2017 F250 Powerstroke
    2015 Ranger Z520C/
    Evinrude ETEC G2

You don't need the InterLink since all are Ethernet Models. Sell it and get some money back if you want.

With 5 Port Hub run a cable from each unit to the hub and they can all share what you want with each unit, GPS, SI/DI, 2D, Waypoints or other Ethernet Accessories you may add. Go into each unit and select which SI/DI Transducer, Which 2D Transducer, Which GPS you want the unit to use
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

16. Banned
    Doug V: Have you heard or seen any dual transducer setups (455SI & 200/83hz) on y cable, for Ranger188/Triton X18 Aluminium? I 've read some post that Lowrance is having problems with high speed. Unfortunately these boats have a trim angle welded to bottom creating a lot if turbulence. Just curious if you've seen this setup?

17. Member
    Thanks Doug
    2017 F250 Powerstroke
    2015 Ranger Z520C/
    Evinrude ETEC G2

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Doug V: Have you heard or seen any dual transducer setups (455SI & 200/83hz) on y cable, for Ranger188/Triton X18 Aluminium? I 've read some post that Lowrance is having problems with high speed. Unfortunately these boats have a trim angle welded to bottom creating a lot if turbulence. Just curious if you've seen this setup?
    Never seen those boat and have not heard. You need the transducer in unturbulated water to make it work.
    --

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Never seen those boat and have not heard. You need the transducer in unturbulated water to make it work.
    Ok thanks I'll post pics of bottom when it comes in. I'm thinking the only option will be SI Transducer on port side close as possible to motor & 200/83 Hz inside first rib starboard side. It's only 10" away from motor. Gonna use mounting plates too in case they need to be moved.

20. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    ONIX 10 SI transom mount transducer installation.

Should the transducer be able to pivot up and down a few degrees when everything is tightened down? It's a new one on me if it is. I contacted HUmminbird customer service by phone and was told that it is OK for the transducer to move/pivot up and down.
    I was also told that I would not get and depth readings or anything at speeds over "slow".

This is a contact e-mail I sent to Humminbird customer service through their web site after the phone call. Can anyone on here lend me some advise or assistance if bird does not get back to me before the weekend. I hope the verbage makes sense. Thanks for any input.

I have purchased an ONIX 10 SI unit. I am at the end stage of installing the the transom mount SI transducer. Please reference page 15 of your installation guide for this unit.

On the right side of the page then top figure where it refers to the headed pin, screw, nylon washer and SST washer. When the transducer secured/tightened down with the headed pin as a pivot and the hardware is tightened the transducer is still able to rotate a few degrees. This does not seem right as with this set up the transducer will be able to wobble up and down for the few degrees of movement when underway. This certainly would change the angle of attack/signal of the transducer at different speeds. It is almost like the black plastic pivot piece that actually attaches to the transducer has a bottom tap that is too short or the metal bracket is not to specification.

I have had 4 different Humminbird fish finders over the years and the transducer was never allowed to wobble/pivot like this transducer is allowed to do.
    The metal bracket is securely mounted to the boat transom. The machine screws that are tightened with the allen wrench are tightened. But the transducer still can pivot on that headed pin assemble.

I talked with your customer service today on the phone and Beverly said that the wobble would be OK. I find that a little hard to swallow.
    Please advise concerning this wobbling/pivoting transducer and tell me how I can get consistent reading with the transducer wobbling up and down. I think it can pivot up and down about 5 degrees. The transducer would have one angular relationship with the boat at slow speeds and another angular relationship to the boat at speeds where the water pressure was enough to press up on the transducer having it pivot up.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast