Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Ethernet is a simple straight plug in solution. There are no extra boxes or power sources required. Ethernet allow users to share waypoints, routes, tracks and GPS position information. It DOES NOT SHARE MAPS. It will also allow users to share Sonar information.

GPS receivers and transducers are plugged into the units the same way they have been whether you use Ethernet or not. Ethernet is simply a separate cable that communicates information between two units.

The following 800,900 and 1100 series units are compatible with Ethernet: 858c, 898c SI, 958c, 998c SI, 1197c SI, 1198c SI.

Ethernet cables are available in 4 lengths:
    2 foot- AS EC 2E
    10 foot- AS EC 10E
    20 foot- AS EC 20 E
    30 foot- AS EC 30 E

There is also a 30 foot extension cable if more length is required:
    AS ECX 30 E
    Also make sure both units have the correct software for Ethernet functionality

To Ethernet a 700 HD Series unit you will need to add an adapter on to the end of the standard Ethernet cables mentioned on the previous page. This cable is the AS EC QDE. It is shown below:

The 2011 Models 700 HD Series units that are compatible with Ethernet are 798ci SI HD, 788ci, 778c HD and 788ci HD DI. No other 700 series units are compatible with Ethernet. (Non-HD and Prior 2010 Models are not Ethernet Compatible)

If you wants to use a TS-W Speed Sensor (paddle wheel) or a separate Temp Sensor (TG-W) with a 700 HD Series unit that is connected via Ethernet you will have to use an adapter since the Temp/Speed plug on the back of the 700 HD Series unit has been replaced by the Ethernet connector. This adapter is AS SW Y and is shown below.

-----

An explanation about the transferring of Sonar information

A unit can only receive Sonar information over the Ethernet that it is capable of using without Ethernet. By this I mean that for a unit to receive Side Imaging Sonar information over the Ethernet it must be a side imaging unit.

<u>2D sonar units will only receive 2D sonar over the Ethernet</u>
    Examples: 778c HD, 788ci HD, 858c,958c,1158c

<u>Side Imaging Units can receive 2D, DownImaging from Side Imaging and Side Imaging Sonar over Ethernet</u>
    Examples: 798ci SI, 898c SI, 998c SI, 1197c SI, 1198c SI

<u>DownImaging units can only receive 2D Sonar and DownImaging Sonar</u>
    Example: 788ci HD DI

(Down Imaging from Side Imaging) and (DownImaging) are two different technologies and aren’t compatible over Ethernet.

Explanation
    The DownImaging that comes from a Side Imaging Unit will not transfer via Ethernet to a DI unit. For example if I hook up a 1198 and 788ci HD DI unit the only information they can share is the 200kHz Downlooking sonar. No DownImaging information will be shared.

If I hook up a 1198 to a 798 they will share 200kHz downlooking, 83kHz downlooking, DownImaging from Side Imaging and Side Imaging Sonar.

----

#1- Ethernet and Interlink WILL NOT work at the same time. Whenever an Ethernet cable is hooked up to a unit the Interlink functionality is automatically disabled.

#2- Ethernet will not transfer other accessory information like Weathersense or XM NavWeather

#3- With Interlink we were using Y cables to allow you to plug in both Interlink and GPS. With Ethernet the GPS can be plugged directly into the back of the unit without a Y cable unless you need to connect another accessory like Weathersense or XM Nav Weather.

---
    On the new 700E, is the Com port for connecting to a PC?

Quote Originally Posted by fish365 View Post
    On the new 700E, is the Com port for connecting to a PC?
    There is no new model 700's. The 700 series units were discontinued about 7 years ago and replaced by the 600 series.

The COMM port is where you can connect the PC cable, an external GPS antenna, or INTERLINK
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Tried responding to a thread below with transducer transom mounting questions for the unit I'm trying to install, but it didn't post for some reason. So here it goes.

How to mount a Helix 8 G3N Mega SI+ DI+ transducer? Wayne P. ID'ed the shield saver I would need if I go that route along with an L bracket. I'm unsure how to attach the L bracket to my jack plate if that is the best solution. Boat is a '99 Triton TR21 with a 6" Detwiler Hydro jack plate. It doesn't look like there's room at the bottom of the JP to attach the L bracket. Any suggestions? or alternative mounting suggestions?

Is the bottom of the JP too high?

I've tried attaching a photo of what I'm dealing with. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bbcboards.net/attachment....7&d=1557603483

4. Member
    I have a Helix 9 Chirp MSI GPS. I got the NEMA 2K black box to look at engine date. I have everything hooked up and the Yamaha 225 SHO is visible by the Helix. I read the Black Box manual a couple of time to see if I was missing anything. When i go the Network page and enter the gateway device it shows the engine, however that is it. I can not view any of the available parameters coming from the engine as described by the manual. I went to the Gauge page and tried to see if I could change the what perimeters I could look at, but no luck either.
    Any help would be appreciated.

5. Member
    Will a solix12 and helix7 share waypoints?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    Will a solix12 and helix7 share waypoints?
    Yes

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

First off, sorry if this has been covered (I am sure it has, but search results came up with nothing). I am preparing to add the Mega 360 in December/January, so I will be adding a G3N to the bow for a dual setup. I have an ethernet hub. Will it be as simple as running power to battery for the new graph, and then connecting it to the Ethernet hub?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    First off, sorry if this has been covered (I am sure it has, but search results came up with nothing). I am preparing to add the Mega 360 in December/January, so I will be adding a G3N to the bow for a dual setup. I have an ethernet hub. Will it be as simple as running power to battery for the new graph, and then connecting it to the Ethernet hub?

Thank you
    If you want to share any data to the other units, that is done via Ethernet.

The MEGA 360 is not an Ethernet connection, it connects directly to a unit's transducer port. Refer to post #1339 in the 360 sticky topic.
    It also has a power cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    HUMMINBIRD INSTALLATION DIAGRAMS:

https://www.humminbird.com/support/i...ation-diagrams
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    I sent you a private message.
    Coming Soon...

2001 Nitro 911 CDC with 2002 Mercury XB 250hp

PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Lake Texoma (TX/OK)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripletsFish View Post
    I sent you a private message.
    To? Didn't get one.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

12. Banned
    I'm sorry, I admit to not being patient enough to look through 18 pages to find the info I need. <blush>

I just bought a new Helix 7 Mega SI G3. It will replace the "old" Helix 7 DI (generation unknown) that's in the cockpit now. The old Helix 7 was using a DI Tducer shooting thru the hull. I will be mounting the new SI Tducer to the transom.

I thought i read somewhere that I can also use the old shoot thru 2D Tducer buy using some type of special cable? If so, why would I want to do this?

TIA for your help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1111GB1111 View Post
    I'm sorry, I admit to not being patient enough to look through 18 pages to find the info I need. <blush>

I just bought a new Helix 7 Mega SI G3. It will replace the "old" Helix 7 DI (generation unknown) that's in the cockpit now. The old Helix 7 was using a DI Tducer shooting thru the hull. I will be mounting the new SI Tducer to the transom.

I thought i read somewhere that I can also use the old shoot thru 2D Tducer buy using some type of special cable? If so, why would I want to do this?

TIA for your help!!!!
    You don't have to look through 18 pages, just page #1, post #1 and select the boat brands.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Current setup is Solix 15 at console and helix 12 MDI G2N @ bow.

Wanting to add Mega 360. Can i install a Helix 9 MDI CHO G4N and network it all in (Have the ethenet port already) and actually look at the 360 output on the 12 @ the bow and use the 9 for mapping?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by KeithJ123 View Post
    Current setup is Solix 15 at console and helix 12 MDI G2N @ bow.

Wanting to add Mega 360. Can i install a Helix 9 MDI CHO G4N and network it all in (Have the ethenet port already) and actually look at the 360 output on the 12 @ the bow and use the 9 for mapping?

Thanks in advance

Keith
    Yes, you can display MEGA 360 on a G2 from a G3/G4.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks Wayne!!

I've purchased two helix mega g4n units, one at bow, other for console. I have an ultrex mega also. I purchased two adapter cables (720074-1) and one ethernet cable (720073-2). Do I have everything I need to make the units network together or will I need an ethernet switch and another cable or two? Also, does my unit need an adapter to connect to the ultrex (MKR-MI-1) and do I need to put or how will the ultrex will connect to the network? I also have a 898c si for mapping but didn't know if it would network or just need to be isolated? Thanks in advance.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    I've purchased two helix mega g4n units, one at bow, other for console. I have an ultrex mega also. I purchased two adapter cables (720074-1) and one ethernet cable (720073-2). Do I have everything I need to make the units network together or will I need an ethernet switch and another cable or two? Also, does my unit need an adapter to connect to the ultrex (MKR-MI-1) and do I need to put or how will the ultrex will connect to the network? I also have a 898c si for mapping but didn't know if it would network or just need to be isolated? Thanks in advance.
    For just two displays to share data, an Ethernet adapter and an Ethernet cable is all you need.

To have more than two Ethernet connections takes the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch, then each device connects to the Switch via an Ethernet cable.

If you have iPilot LINK, that is an Ethernet connection so a total of three Ethernet connections. IF you don't have LINK you cannot connect the Ultrex iPilot to any display.
    To add the 898 is another Ethernet connection, so that is four Ethernet connections--you can share at least waypoints.

The Minnkota built-in MEGA DI and MEGA SI transducers have a 14-pin plug that has to be converted to 7-pin to connect to a Helix.
    The MKR-M1-I does that for Helix 8's and larger models.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have the Helix 12's, my ultrex (1368870) w/i-pilot bluetooth. Does this have iPilot Link, if so what are the cables and switches to complete my setup will I need? And for the 898 to network? Just trying to make sure I purchase everything I might need. Thank you for all your help.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    I have the Helix 12's, my ultrex (1368870) w/i-pilot bluetooth. Does this have iPilot Link, if so what are the cables and switches to complete my setup will I need? And for the 898 to network? Just trying to make sure I purchase everything I might need. Thank you for all your help.
    No, the 1368880 is the iPilot LINK version. LINK is stated on the top of the motor:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast