View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Willette has always been great anytime I have spoken with her.

There IS consistency, HB supports the units with a flat rate repair for 8 years.

Your unit is off that support list, just like my old 787c - and if it breaks today, it owes me or none of the other owners a nickel...

I understand you paid a lot for the unit, and I have for the ones I have had too - but I understand that at some point we must move on.

Good luck with your next units.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

2. Member
    Cecil, You got to be kidding! What would you expect from HB? Think about anything you bought 9 or 10 years ago. You could have The "L" brand 1 day after the warranty stops,No repair available. BUT they will give you a trade-in allowance for a new unit. That's after 2 or 3 years old! Come on Man!

3. Member
    I purchased 2 new solix 12 si's a ultrex and a 360 for the ultrex received it all in a week all was good except the 360 w/ultrex mount was a damaged return that got shipped to me in the box that wasnt factory sealed looked like it had been soaked in 6" of water for a month and the serial numbers where rubbed off the sensor i called humminbird explained the issues to them emailed pics to them and proof of purchase got the run around for a week then called them back and was told that i could send the 360 in for repairs for a fee of 275-400 dollars on top of the new price i just paid a week prior and now they are backordered. I made a 10000.00 mistake as humminbird doesnt care about nobody but themselves and i am now considering returning everything and going back to lowrance as i never had a issue like this with them ever . If i could figure out how to post pics i would show you all what i got for my 10k!!! I purchased all of this for the 360 imaging and now i have to wait for my refund and purchase another one whenever they become availible ive been shafted by humminbird!

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxmandan View Post
    I purchased 2 new solix 12 si's a ultrex and a 360 for the ultrex received it all in a week all was good except the 360 w/ultrex mount was a damaged return that got shipped to me in the box that wasnt factory sealed looked like it had been soaked in 6" of water for a month and the serial numbers where rubbed off the sensor i called humminbird explained the issues to them emailed pics to them and proof of purchase got the run around for a week then called them back and was told that i could send the 360 in for repairs for a fee of 275-400 dollars on top of the new price i just paid a week prior and now they are backordered. I made a 10000.00 mistake as humminbird doesnt care about nobody but themselves and i am now considering returning everything and going back to lowrance as i never had a issue like this with them ever . If i could figure out how to post pics i would show you all what i got for my 10k!!! I purchased all of this for the 360 imaging and now i have to wait for my refund and purchase another one whenever they become availible ive been shafted by humminbird!
    Who did you buy this stuff from? .... just as a guess, if it was the factory outlet store .... they are not Humminbird.

I'm sure any of the board sponsors would have taken a return on that Ultrex ... and probably not sent you one in that condition in the first place.
    Last edited by Bob B; 04-06-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If it was damaged, you should take that up with the carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL etc...)and make a freight damage claim, that's what you NEED to do.

I ship stuff frequently, so I have had to make damage claims before. The carrier is RESPONSIBLE for damage, and the seller - which you did not disclose probably will give assistance.

Calling out HB on something they didn't do isn't the right thing to do, it could happen with any brand or any product.

6. Member
    just voted on your customer service poll, turn around time was great, but they didn't fix the problem. Lets have a follow up poll about being satisfied with the outcome of the customer service...

Quote Originally Posted by aus10b50 View Post
    just voted on your customer service poll, turn around time was great, but they didn't fix the problem. Lets have a follow up poll about being satisfied with the outcome of the customer service...
    Start a thread with some info about your problem. Maybe someone on here can help ..... are you absolutely sure the problem is in the unit?

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    I contacted two people and gave me the wrong power cable for my 360 unit .

I just sent in a defective Helix 10 yesterday 5/8/18. I will let you know how long it takes to get it back.

10. Member
    Just sent in a new PiranhaMAX 4di. Down imaging isn't an option I can select as it should be. Can only select the Sonar and Status options and when I select the Status option it will not populate the serial number and says "bad id" in the lower right corner of the screen. They had me send in the unit with transducer and they received it Friday. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanknbass View Post
    I just sent in a defective Helix 10 yesterday 5/8/18. I will let you know how long it takes to get it back.
    Shipped it on 5/8/18, got it back on 5/16/18. Total turn around time was 8 days. That is good customer service for sure,. Now as long as it is fixed I couldn't ask for any thing more. They replaced the back housing and updated the software. I hope to check it this weekend to see if my problem is resolved. I will keep you posted.

12. Banned
    my latest experience with support. my bow solix 15 died while fishing sunday. contacted support tuesday morning. they got it wed morning. i got it back today at 12:50 this afternoon. they had to replace a circuit board

Was it warranty or did you have to pay?

14. Banned
    Warranty. I paid for next day return shipping

Very cool

16. Member
    I sent mine in the Monday before the 4 th of July. It came back the following Tuesday. They told me their staff had time off around the 4 th so this was excellent customer service!

I have never had to send anything in. I live about 30 minutes away from Eufaula so if I need something I just take a day off to fish and stop by the plant after lunch. I have been in there twice for a xducer exchange and a parts kits fully expecting to pay both times. The lady walked back, got what I needed, and came back with a smile. I made the switch to Humminbird in 2005 and I'll never go back. Just bought a boat that had two HDS9s and a HDS7. Replaced the 7 up front with my old 1198c and replacing the 9s with Helix G3N units shortly.

18. Member
    i don't know how many of you guys have used the humminbird repair service, but i will never try to use them again, i probably will put lowrance electronics on my boat after today. i sent a Helix 5 unit in for repair with a money order wrapped up in the repair form, got a phone call today from humminbird looking for payment for the repair, whoever the person was who opened the box there at humminbird lost my money order, to say i was mad was an understatement, all they offered me was $25 off the repair price, it cost me almost that much to have the money order canceled. i am at a loss for words. what ever happened to taking care of the customer? sorry to rant but i would hate to see it happen to anyone else. i think i will sell this unit or just give it away when i get it back. i dont even want here products on my boat anymore. just to say that is all i ever had on my boat in the past. i guess lowarance has a new customer.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbthing View Post
    i don't know how many of you guys have used the humminbird repair service, but i will never try to use them again, i probably will put lowrance electronics on my boat after today. i sent a Helix 5 unit in for repair with a money order wrapped up in the repair form, got a phone call today from humminbird looking for payment for the repair, whoever the person was who opened the box there at humminbird lost my money order, to say i was mad was an understatement, all they offered me was $25 off the repair price, it cost me almost that much to have the money order canceled. i am at a loss for words. what ever happened to taking care of the customer? sorry to rant but i would hate to see it happen to anyone else. i think i will sell this unit or just give it away when i get it back. i dont even want here products on my boat anymore. just to say that is all i ever had on my boat in the past. i guess lowarance has a new customer.
    Who sends a money order in a box? Did they instruct you to do this?

Just have them send it back directly to me

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast