View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Hi, has anyone received a XPTH920MSIT Transducer? This is the through hull version.

I bought a Helix12 in March and contacted HB to exchange the externally mounted with the through hull. HB requested I send the externally mounted and $60.25 to cover the exchange. I was informed that through hull transducer will be shipped out by 5/05 which at the time was no problem with MN Fishing Opener on 5/13. I followed up on 5/05 to confirm it had shipped and was informed it was still back ordered and would arrive in a few weeks. A couple of weeks went by and still no transducer. The latest was that the very first qty of 70 would arrive June 30th and I was 9th on the list. Yup June 30th went buy and I am now informed 2nd week in August. Sure not happy about having bought in March and at the earliest will have the through hull transducer mid August. HB informs that not a single through hull has been shipped. I find that hard to believe.

2. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I can only say great things about customer service. I have sent a couple of graphs in for service over the years and just sent in one of my Helix units because the DI had stopped working. They had to replace a circuit board and I got it right back in about 5 days start to finish. Get service in my opinion.

3. Member
    I bought a Helix Mega in April. I registered for the free remote and was approved in 1st week of May for a 6-8 week delivery. I called the rebate line in July ....... said it would be shipped beginning of August. Called mid August ....... will be shipped beginning of September so I Called Hummingbird and got no where ........ asked how I could reach the VP of customer affairs and was hung up on.

Called Hummingbird about 360 and after I got good answers, I asked about the rebate. This person, Erica really dug into it and got me my remote. She was the only one that I dealt with that wasn't a waste of time.

That and and why would they not design a 360 mount for a Terrova. Hummingbird is frustrating to deal with many times

4. Member
    Yea if ya pay 3000 dollars for a unit after 8 years if it needs repair you sh,,t can it and buy a new one .

I have had great service from them, and courteous treatment, but I am aware as with all IT equipment, that roll out is rarely ready for demand. That said HB has been on top of development, and is approachable. I don’t get that from ANY utility or government agency, and they get a lot more money from me than HB. I love HB equipment, and appreciate their service, even when it’s not stellar.

6. Member
    I think a better question would be how many times did you have to send it in before it was fixed? Twice on a 1198. My mega imaging Helix 12 was sent in and returned stating there is no problem. Well there is. Side imaging. Left side is right side, right side is left side. Change the parameters sounds easy, but when you have to do it 20 times a day because the unit stops displaying the left side of the side imaging, it gets a little old. To recover from this problem you have to reset to factory defaults, then redo akk your settings. Some times the left side just freezes.

Also, how long has it been since they discovered interference between the trolling motors and HB's? You would think by now either Minn Kota or HB would have this problem resolved. Nope! My new Ultrex interferes with my new Helix 10 Mega imaging.

And I left Lowrance for this?

Quote Originally Posted by OUfaninKS View Post
    I think a better question would be how many times did you have to send it in before it was fixed? Twice on a 1198. My mega imaging Helix 12 was sent in and returned stating there is no problem. Well there is. Side imaging. Left side is right side, right side is left side. Change the parameters sounds easy, but when you have to do it 20 times a day because the unit stops displaying the left side of the side imaging, it gets a little old. To recover from this problem you have to reset to factory defaults, then redo akk your settings. Some times the left side just freezes.

Also, how long has it been since they discovered interference between the trolling motors and HB's? You would think by now either Minn Kota or HB would have this problem resolved. Nope! My new Ultrex interferes with my new Helix 10 Mega imaging.

And I left Lowrance for this?

My Motor Guide interferes with my Humminbird. Minnkota and Motor Guide interferes with Lowrance and Garmin.
    Been that way since transducers were put on trolling motors and got worse when variable speed motors were produced.
    If there was a one-size-fits-all for the RFI issue, it would been applied over 40 years ago, there is none.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Each trolling motor will emit EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) at a frequency and at a frequency that will disturb other electronic equipment who may be sensitive to certain frequencies. I have a Minn Kota Ultrex and I know a filter can be made to eliminate this interference. Not difficult. Just think of all the things that emit these signals and more such as RFI that are eliminated. Humminbird promotes the use of I-Pilot knowing there is going to be interference. Shame on them!

Oh by the way. I completely eliminated this interference on my 1198 and Fortrex. I made the assumption this problem had been resolved. Shame on me for assuming. Now I am stuck for the winter with this problem before returning home.
    Last edited by OUfaninKS; 11-04-2017 at 04:40 PM.

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Spoken like somebody that truly has NO idea how RFI occurs or how it is dealt with.

All brands will emit and receive it - go read up a while.....then come on back.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Sent one of Helix units in about three weeks ago. Got it back in 5 days. Replaced a circuit board for free. Great service.

11. Member
    Have sent my Helix 10 Mega and Helix 12 Mega (second attempt for Helix 12) for repair. FedX's 11/8 will see how long it takes and if they get them repaired. Having to use my Lowrances until receive back.

12. Member
    Just sent my Helix 5 SI in for repair. The unit got water damage and got fried! I live in St Augustine, FedEx there was 1 day and it shipped out Tuesday, they got it Thursday fixed it and shipped it out and I got it back via FedEx Saturday. So total time without the unit was 5 days. And I live idk like 600 miles away. Great service! The basically replaced everything except the back housing, new screen, touch pad and internals!

13. Member
    I've never needed to send a Humminbird unit in for repair. I've only used their customer service for calls and emails about various settings that I couldn't figure out. They were always helpful, courteous and professional. Reply times on emails we're always within a day or two. I owned a Helix 5 DI GPS Gen 1, and currently own and use a 698 with SI/DI/GPS, an 859 with DI/GPS, and a 959ci HD/GPS. No issues from any of the four units.

OK so I just had the absolute best customer service experience of my life from Humminbird and they have bought themselves a customer for life. I had a 798ci HD SI unit. The screen went out on it so I paid the standard repair cost to repair that unit. For those that don't know Humminbird has a price list of set prices for repair of any out of warranty unit they make. They chose to upgrade me to a Helix 7 SI. I got the unit and thanked them but, explained to them that I was using it as my front unit and had it networked to my Helix 9 at the console and the Gen 1 Helix 7 wouldn't work for me. They sent me a shipping label via email that day. I sent it back to them. Its 1 day from where I am located. They shipped me a refurbished Helix 7 SI Chirp G2N. I shipped it back Monday afternoon. Today is Wednesday and it was delivered to my house this morning. Blown away.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    OK so I just had the absolute best customer service experience of my life from Humminbird and they have bought themselves a customer for life. I had a 798ci HD SI unit. The screen went out on it so I paid the standard repair cost to repair that unit. For those that don't know Humminbird has a price list of set prices for repair of any out of warranty unit they make. They chose to upgrade me to a Helix 7 SI. I got the unit and thanked them but, explained to them that I was using it as my front unit and had it networked to my Helix 9 at the console and the Gen 1 Helix 7 wouldn't work for me. They sent me a shipping label via email that day. I sent it back to them. Its 1 day from where I am located. They shipped me a refurbished Helix 7 SI Chirp G2N. I shipped it back Monday afternoon. Today is Wednesday and it was delivered to my house this morning. Blown away.
    That's awesome and one reason I don't complain about their prices. I have also had great CS from them.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

16. Member
    Just sent my helix 10 mega head unit in to exchange. Came out of the box with a stuck pixel (red dot) right in the middle of the screen. Took a lot of effort to get them to exchange it, but they said they would. They Couldnt understand why one pixel would make a difference...explained that it would bug me till the day I sell it...at a lower price because of bad pixel. Anyways, sent it back with the clear wrapping still on it...didn’t even get to try it out. Will report back on the outcome.

17. Member
    Very nice of HB. One pixel out of 614,000 is acceptable by screen manufacturers. I have one bad one on my Solix but it only shows on a black screen and towards the bottom. In the center and visible on most screens would be bothersome. Good service indeed! Bob

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    My Motor Guide interferes with my Humminbird. Minnkota and Motor Guide interferes with Lowrance and Garmin.
    Been that way since transducers were put on trolling motors and got worse when variable speed motors were produced.
    If there was a one-size-fits-all for the RFI issue, it would been applied over 40 years ago, there is none.
    My tin hat works well.
    Please release me,let me go.

19. Member
    I am an Onix owner. It has been back to the factory for the second time . Both times after a software update. But it never worked exactly correctly. Always had lock ups and such. Sent it back last week for problems with SI, split screen with sonar and chart use.
    I included the problems and of course they had the warranty history.
    After a week I got it back. They replaced the touch screen again, the mother board again, and the control assembly because I complained about the thumbwheel being squeaky and I feared failure was imminent.
    I opened the box and removed the onix 10 and lo and behold they included a new All in one Trandsducer in case that caused some of the intermittent problems.

I could not ask for better service . Yes the product has been trouble prone since new. But the repair crew, I am sure with the blessings of management are going overboard at least for me to take care of problems.
    They did take it out on the water and test it because they included screenshots of sonar and charts etc.
    Wow I am happy and have high hopes that is is finally what I thought it should be!
    Happy fishin'
    Greg Harrison

I’m done with Humminbird, my 997 died on me and when I reached out to them I was simply told that they no longer serviced that unit and I should check out their products page for their current models🤬. The person I dealt with was Willette I believe via live chat.
    I understand that they may no longer have parts for or service this model but I expected a little more than “sorry bout your luck but we have some new models you might be interested in”. I kindly told her I would be checking out Garmin’s new models.

In reading some of the posts in this thread I saw where similar situations were handled much differently as in offering refurbished upgrades or upgrades at a reduced price which I would be happy with, but not this. I understand that nothing lasts forever, but after an $1,800 investment I would expect a little more from CS. There should be some consistency with CS and that reflects poorly on them. Humminbird has lost this consumer.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast