View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: (jewettcd)

The email address for customer service is service@humminbird.com

Thank you,

Deborah @ Humminbird

2. Member
    I really hope I am one of the Happy ones, So fare not so good Brand New 1198C Will not display left side of Boat while in Side Image mode, I Just sent it in this morning for them to look at, Hopefully nothing but maybe a bad transducer, or even better something stupid Im not doing right.

Still waiting to find out....

I have asked for a list of what each new sware 6.18 ICON is supposed to represent...
    then was asked to name which ones...huh?

There is no master list that can be e mailed? Why not?

About 25% of the icons are so small they could be anything...
    sooo am still waiting after 3 -4 days so far.

If customers had that...
    they could better match them with WPts and also better give suggestions as to improvements after a few months.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Re: Still waiting to find out.... (reelman)

The Icons are for your personal use to establish what you want them to represent. My favorite Icon is the Yellow Rubber Ducky! That's my honey holes! Has nothing to do with what's there but that is what I use. I use different Icons to mark different things. When marking bedding bass I use the color of an Icon to represent fish of different size class... once i'm done with that event I delete them. Build your own system that works for you. There is no right or wrong way to select the icon you want to mark your information. Heck then you have you own secret decoding system so if someone looks at your unit they have no idea what your codes are for heck Rubber Ducky to you might be stay away for me it's fish here. If I seen your waypoint I'd be fishing in a horrible spot.

There is no list for the icons you use them to help you and create your own system.

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

5. Member

Re: Still waiting to find out.... (Doug Vahrenberg)

I just got off the phone with Cindy (I think). She was VERY helpful and extremely pleasant.

Thank You

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    Anyone else had issues accessing "My Account" section of the website lately? I tried the "forgot password" and "contact customer service" links provided, and no luck.

Worked fine before, but can't access since the new customer portal upgrade.

Re: (Chris at Tech)

You need to contact customer service to reset the password.

--

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Icon meaning

Thanks on the icons "being whatever you like them to be"...
    maybe that was obvious...or not...anyway...I will go from there.

I'm about ready to buy either a 798 or 898 and will be using the unit on both my Ranger and my Lund. SO, I know I'll need some extra items to rig both boats. Today I spoke with Dawn Turner at Hbird. She was extremely knowledgeable and knew exactly what I needed. She even put together a parts list with prices for both units and e-mailed it to me while we were on the phone. THANKS DAWN!!!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Response when asked WHAT EACH ICON SYMBOLIZED

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Once in the Navigation Menu--Select Waypoint, routes and track

Select Edit and press the RIGHT Cursor key.

You will see an Icon category. Select all to view all available icons.

Re: Response when asked WHAT EACH ICON SYMBOLIZED (reelman)

If you have Humminbird PC you can view all the waypoint icons, and what they mean.
    If you create a waypoint, you can right click on the icon then select change icon then it pulls up a list of groups:

Environment
    Fish
    Recreation
    Navigation
    Supplies
    Alerts

Geometry
    Ice
    Other

Each group has a list of waypoint icons and a description

Deborah @ Humminbird

12. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I was on hold for almost an hour today, 09 April 2012, before anyone picked up. Once on line the tech was helpful. You guys just need more people on the phones.

Monday's in the Spring are always the busiest call times of the year. Especially after a Holiday.
    --

14. Member
    I purchased a used 798c si combo from ebay last friday for $550 and it came in the mail today. Shockingly, when I opened the box there was a 798ci hd si combo inside. Hell of a deal if you ask me. The seller used a generic listing (for the wrong model of course) and a good deal became a great one. Anyways, I had a few problems trying to register the product.. the serial number wouldn't work while registering, so I had to give Humminbird customer service a call. It's a Monday, so a long wait time was to be expected. After calling around 5 or 6 times in a row within a minute or so I got through without a busy signal. The wait time was around 15 minutes, which isn't too shabby for the busiest day of the week. Anyways, I gotta say.. once I did get through I was pretty blown away by how friendly their reps are. My fish finder was registered in a matter of minutes and all the questions I had were answered with an unexpected friendliness. The young lady even told me that the unit was still under warranty until May 25th and that they would be willing to comb over it for free just to make sure it's in top shape before the warranty expires. Long story short.. this was not to be expected as a second hand buyer. Humminbird gets an A+ in my book! I think I'll order a few accessories (as a first hand buyer) just to show them the appreciation they deserve.

15. Im wishin I was fishin
    They turned my 997 around in about 2 days in house, it took a few days down and back for usps and whoever it came back on , I had a chuckle @ the techs note. there was no specfic problem listed, The unit got darker and darker I called cust support he said to try to update it it did not like that it started the update process then the screen looked like someone shot it with a paintball gun, I thought this is bad! it would not do anything after that, Sent it in when it came back the note said " Unit failed " ( in the box with a brand new 997) When my 788ci was acting up I was in a motel parking lot the cs guy stayed on the phone for about a 1/2 hour while we went through some trouble shooting, It got better but not great I was suprised by how thourogh he was. I have since run a seprate power wire for it blade fuse and all , Im hoping it fixes it .Havent got to take it out yet this year.

16. Member
    I've only had one problem since the unit was installed in 2007. After installation of the equipment at the Ranger Boat factory, I didn't have an image on the left side of the screen. Talked to CS and they told me they thought it was a bad transducer. They told me to take off the transducer and send it back to them so they could test it. "Seriously?"

We talked some more and they agreed to first send me a replacement, which they did. I installed the new transducer and everything looked great, so I returned the original transducer to HB. Everything has been working great since then and I still love my unit even though it's a bit outdated right now

17. Member
    I went down there to see just where they were located at. Needless to say that everyone was gone...Only the secretary was there and i don't think she was going to take me out on the boat and give an indepth class on SI and why I should purchase...Not that I have not though very hard on. But I would like to see it in action on my lake.

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

18. Member
    I have been trying to contact customer service for THREE days . I drove for 45 min with my phone on speaker listening to some recording saying they will be with you soon . I even emailed with my phone number for a call back . NO response. I have over 6K in Humminbird electronics on my boat and had Humminbird in my other boat . I have been a loyal customer could someone from Humminbird please call me .812-686-2606 Kevin

19. Member
    I sent my 1197 in on April 26 got it back on May 2 all of 7 days fixed from northwest Mo very nice people THANKS FOR THE FAST SERVICE
    Last edited by fisherman2008; 05-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Kevin, I am sorry you had problems reaching customer service via phone earlier in the week via phone. Please make sure you have service@humminbird.com on you acceptable list, so that your reply from customer service via email will not go to your spam or junk folder.

I will be happy to give you call tomorrow, please let me know what a good time to reach you would be. I will be in the office at 8 am central time.
    Deborah @ Humminbird

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast