View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: July 13 e mail with no response yet (easyman37379)

If you are not satisfied I would call and request to talk to the Customer Service Manager. Not sure it will help but it's always worth a try.

Remember warranty is for defective material and workmanship.

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Re: July 13 e mail with no response yet (Doug Vahrenberg)

I can not complain about HB CS they have gone out of their way to help me with my 997 when we got it 4 and half years ago with a noise problem. They sent transducer new power cables for both units (788) and chocks to put on tm. We broke a transducer last weekend from trash in the river and me trying to get by cheep without TSS bracket that we well have on before this weekend and new transducer, $340.00 cann't stand for much of that too often. We did not lose the Transducer because the cable was attach to the JP

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

Re:easyman37379

Guess it would be hard to say if the transducer hit something in the water or if the mount was defective. Don't know why customer service didn't give you the benefit of the doubt since I have seen a lot of posts from people complaining about this mount being prone to breaking.
    There is no doubt that HB needs to improve this mount.
    A safety connection to the cable to keep the transducer out of the prop would definitely be recommended.

I would give it another shot with customer service explaining to them that you believe the damage was caused by a defective mount.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member

Re: Re:easyman37379 (Bob B)

after going round and round with seven customer reps they are sending me another one free of charge.i have read several adds for transducers and the best i can tell they have added a screw to lock it down with now.i don't remember this option on mine.everybody tell me that warranty begins when u register your unit not when you buy it.anyway i bought unit off a dealer on eBay April of 2010 and didn't put on boat and register it until January 2011.i blew my motor up while unit was on the way via FedEx.it sat in my closet until i got another motor put on my boat.what happens if i find one on sale and buy it for a Christmas present say six months before Christmas.when person installs it on their boat then 6 months later it quits then what?(and yes their mount sucks big time)

Re: Re:easyman37379 (easyman37379)

I really like the Birds, but don't believe we are doing them any favors unless we talk about their shortcomings.
    That way, they have the opportunity to see what even loyal customers don't like about the units, which gives them the opportunity to improve.

There are several things that have been complained about chronically that HB still has not addressed....this transducer mount being one of them. I won't bring up the other ones here, since it would redirect the thread too much.

I hope HB sees these complaints as an opportunity to impove and not just a nuisance to be dealt with.

6. Member

update on my transducer problem.i have sent them several emails to see if my item has been shipped yet and i cant get them to answer me.so i called them just now and find out they are on back order.it sure would have been nice if they would have told me when they agreed to make it up.now i have three less days to look around.i hate to buy one when they are shipping me this one under warranty.our classic is on the 8th and 9th and they said they were to receive their order on the 7th.go figure.i don't think i will ever buy another bird.

We had the same problem out of Low. and they want answer the phone and I was buying the transducer. We don't live in a perfect world if we did we all wouldn't have any problem, that's why there are other brands out there to choose from. Hope you have better luck out of whatever you buy next.

Modified by kk4iz at 9:55 AM 9/27/2011

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

8. Member

Re: July 13 e mail with no response yet (kk4iz)

i really don't think it could get much worse.

9. Member

i sent a 798 in friday from ne arkansas, was $24.00 with $1100.00 insurance.

10. Member

Re: July 13 e mail with no response yet (cbell58)

had my 570 di go bad while i was fishing on eufala ( new ) i was still reading the book when i noticed the address , boys fixed me up while i drank coffee , took a whole lot longer when i had a problem on gunthersville with my 997 , 4 days , guess i should fish eufala more , fortson ga about 1 hour from eufala
    best after sales service ever , i am sure not every one would agree with me but i say it as i see it
    i moved my 570 di over to my tin boat and got a 998 for the front , never could get over the depth read out going crazy in realy shallow water , it used sort it self out after about a minuite but it drove me crazy

11. Member
    How 'bout this! I just purchased a new 1198 and spent several hours over a 10 day period carefully installing the unit with a Transducer Saver, in hull transducer. Y cable, etc. I sodered all the wire connections and was really proud of the work. When I hit the power button I could barely see the Logo. I immediately figured something had come loose so I spent time tearing all the wiring back down and checking it--all O.K. I then checked for full voltage and it was fine-I changed to another, fully charged battery just to be sure. Still no picture. Called"Select" support (they were prompt and tried to help) and they told me to check for voltage drop at the plug when the unit was powered up--I did--no drop. I then took the unit to a friends house and tried it on his 1198 set up, no picture. So, I have a bad monitor. This A.M. I called and was told to FedEx the monitor in--probably a 10 day turn around. I asked for a new monitor to be sent but they said "none in stock". In short, I have no other option. I'm pretty unhappy with this handling altho I'm well aware electrical items can be defective; they could have handled this much better by immediately sending me a new monitor ( I don't believe for one minute that none are available). I just spent about $2500 for an unusable appliance. WalMart would have given me a new one with no questions asked.

Who did you buy the unit from?

This is where a good vendor would probably be able to help you out.

When you buy from Walmart, they are replacing the item not the manufacturer. Walmart will then have to deal with the manufacturer.

If you bought direct from HB that would be a different matter.

13. Member
    Had a problem with my 998c with the screen flickering and freezing at times. CS told me to send it in, I told them I live in upstate New York and had a 2 day tournament in 7 days, they said they'd do their best. 4 days there and back!!!!! That's customer service! Good job!

14. FishSeeker

Re: Humminbird Customer Service (Doug Vahrenberg)

I bought a 570DI unit on which the Simultor program would not work.
    I posted the problem on this and another forum, and was soon contacted by Deborah Benson at HB who was a great help in getting my problem resolved ultimately by sending me a new unit.
    Here's a link to my post thread;

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=748610

Bottom line is both Deborah Benson and Greg Walters at HB were very responsive and made a potentially bad experience a positive one!
    I live in So. Calif. and the shipping turn around was a week.

Doug and the Humminbird Team is the verry reason I moved' Service Rocks and Great units 898c si and 788ci
    Thanks

Rick Wilson
    send2rwilson@gmail.com

16. Member

i am completely disappointed with humminbird!!!!!! That is an understatement at the least too... I bought a BRAND NEW 798CI SI HD unit.. Well i carefully went by the instruction while installing this unit an when i went to turn the unit on, NOTHING!! So I call costumer service they were extreamly helpful to get this unit sent back to them, At my expense might I add. Well after Paying $1,000.00 + dollars for this unit to begin with im sent back a REPAIRED unit! I didnt set out to buy a repaired unit or id bought one. I am not very Happy about this in the least bit! Looks like this being a brand new unit they could have replaced the thing! Dont look like to me like the costumer service is up to par on this matter if you ask me! I dont mean to rag tham out cause i have other humminbird products now that work fine but I am upset cause this unit was out of the box messed up an i paid full price for but now I have a unit that been worked on UGH UGH UGH! I think some other measures should have been taken in this matter! Overall I am one very DISAPPOINTED costumer!

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=787221

17. Member
    Just wanted to give the ladies an guys at Humminbird customer service a thumbs up for going the extra mile to see my problem resolved :) again thank you for your cooperation!

18. Member
    I have had one of the worst customer service experiences ever with Humminbird. Been working on same issue for months now and getting same ol' rhetoric. I have spent a significant amounts of my own time, money and effort to resolve the issue. I get the perception their attitude is it's my problem, they just sell the them. Very frustrating and disappointing. And too make things worse in recent weeks, I can't even get through to customer service on the phone, either rings busy or I have to wait for over 30 minutes to get someone (not that they have been any help or even sound concerned). I tried emailing them today, but only received a blanket email letting me know they got my request. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears (red ones that is!)............
    SGM Chief01 / Team Daiwa & Team Bass Cat
    God Bless the USA, it's Service Members and all the fine Patriots

Re: (jewettcd)

Jewetcd, please check your email account regarding your 958 unit and trolling motor interference.

Thank you,

Deborah @ Humminbird

20. Member

Re: (HBirdDeborahCRC)

Deborah, I did check it. Have tried to respond, but I keep getting a non-devilerable message when I try to send my response. Also tried sending my response via the website, and it won't go through either. Please provide an email or phone number I can send my response too.

Thank you
    SGM Chief01 / Team Daiwa & Team Bass Cat
    God Bless the USA, it's Service Members and all the fine Patriots

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast