View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
  1. Member
    I am getting some real bad feelings. I successfully performed the latest software update(3.360) at the beginning of February. The update did fine on my Helix 10SI GN2 but wiped out the SI and DI on my Solix 12SI GN1. Customer Service said that the problem had been reported and was trying to find a S/W fix. Six weeks later I am without a hi-tech investment and still have not gotten any results. AND I JUST MADE ANOTHER $3000 INVESTMENT IN THE ULTREX 112 WITH LINK AND DI????

2. Banned
    My SI and DI works fine after 3.360 update, I guess its not everyone at least. They will get you fixed up !

I sent my Helix 12 Mega SI in for repair. They received it last Monday (1week). I haven’t heard anything back so I’m hoping they have repaired it and it will be back to me soon. I figured otherwise, they would have been calling me wanting some money for repair.

Update: My unit was returned today (Thursday 3/28). The invoice said they replaced a circuit board. They also updated the unit to 1.9 so I’m hoping they checked it after updating it since I have seen so many having problems with 1.9. I’m going to try to make it on the water tomorrow to check it out.

Second update: I was able to take it out on the water today and test it. The image quality still sucks. I never would have spent $2500 if I had known I would not end up with images any better than my Gen 1 Chirp unit. Not very satisfied.
    Last edited by toledobasser; 03-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Wow, I'm ecstatic. A new Solix 10 was delivered today to replace my Onix 10 that was about 3 months outside the warranty at no charge. I would have been elated to have had the opportunity to even buy a Solix at 1/2 price, much less a free one. A huge thank you to Humminbird for their unbelievable customer service. That was the second time I sent it in. The first time it was a week outside warranty and they covered it. Maybe having 8 units registered with them helped the cause. They went well beyond what I could have even dreamed of.

5. Member
    Lost Side imaging on my Helix 12 SI G2, after a short call with Customer Service walking through all the preliminary checks they go through I was given a Work Order number to ship back. Three working days later I received it back repaired. Cant ask for better than that.......
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums
    Garmin 126 (2) & 1222 with Panoptix

6. Member
    I've had Birds for years and their units are great but customer service is even better. I have sent units back numerous times, always on a Monday, and always received them back and repaired or replaced by the end of the week.

7. Member
    Sent 360 in and got it back in less than a week. HB has excellent customer service!

8. Member
    Been on hold with CS just to figure out why my ipilot link bluetooth remote is not pairing.... hitting 50 minutes now

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSU_Slants View Post
    Been on hold with CS just to figure out why my ipilot link bluetooth remote is not pairing.... hitting 50 minutes now
    I would have called MinnKota on that one.

New rig, got a couple bugs. Had to call CS twice in the last week. 48 min, ---55 minutes. At least they speak English.

I don't know how well it works, but here's another way to contact customer service. If anyone tries it let us know.

__________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

12. Member
    Has anyone used this? I don't see the option at home so you must have to have it in communication with a unit to see the option. Actually has anyone heard of this outside that video? Bob
    New 2020 manual!......https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...app_manual.pdf
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-09-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. Member
    I just had my first experience with Humminbird customer service and it was very pleasant.

I just received, via UPS, my new Solix 10 MSI. I'm like a kid at Christmas opening the box. Everything looks very nice as it should. But then I notice a corner of my rubber screen cover is torn.
    Not the end of the world but I would like a non-ripped one nonetheless. So I called H-bird and spoke to a nice woman named Natasia who heard my story and then placed an order to have a new one sent to me. Exactly as it should be.

So far so good.

My experiences with Humminbird customer service over the past few months has been extremely bad. First, I purchased 2 new Solix units, Mega 360 transducer, and all the cables/accessories needed to hook it all up. Well, their dealers don't tell you when you purchase that the Mega 360 and the Y cables are not available. So for months my stuff stayed in the boxes until I received everything I needed. The one part that held everything up was the 720108-1 Y cable. Finally, after several months, I received my Y cable. Got everything installed, and the troubles started. The Solix unit would not recognize the Mega 360 at all. I have spent countless hours on chat and phone with Humminbird customer service. Average wait time when trying to connect to chat or on the phone is 80-90 minutes sitting on hold. Then, after all that time, you get an agent that does not have a clue what they are doing. You go through the same trouble shooting over and over with no resolution. When you ask to talk to someone who actually knows the equipment, you are told that is not an options. So after probably 20+ hours on the phone with them in the period of a week, they finally decide it is the new Solix unit. I was within a few hours drive to Eufaula, and I asked if I could just bring it in for repair. I was told that was not an option, and I needed to ship it to them. So, I shipped the Solix to them on Monday 6/8/20. They received it on Wednesday 6/10/20. On 6/11/20 I received an email stating it was the control board and that they had repaired the control board and it was shipped back to me. I received the box on 6/15/20, only to open it and find that they did not ship my brand new Solix back to me. Instead, they had shipped someone's old Helix G2 unit to me. So, here we go again. Tried contacting them this morning, only to spend 2 1/2 hours on with them trying to get this resolved. Long story short, they don't have a clue where my Solix unit is. Wasted another 2 1/2 hours of my day dealing with this. It is very apparent that they have a serious quality control and testing problem, they are in serious need of technical customer service representatives who are knowledgeable, and they desperately need more of them. There is absolutely no reason it should take and hour and a half just to get connected with someone! Also, when you are dealing with $4k units, there should be some controls to make sure you don't lose a customers equipment! I am at the end of my rope dealing with Humminbird on all of these issues. I have $9k tied up in these new electronics and it has been nothing but a mess from the day I ordered all of it. This all started in January, and 5 months later I am still dealing with the mess.

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBustingDave View Post
    My experiences with Humminbird customer service over the past few months has been extremely bad. First, I purchased 2 new Solix units, Mega 360 transducer, and all the cables/accessories needed to hook it all up. Well, their dealers don't tell you when you purchase that the Mega 360 and the Y cables are not available. So for months my stuff stayed in the boxes until I received everything I needed. The one part that held everything up was the 720108-1 Y cable. Finally, after several months, I received my Y cable. Got everything installed, and the troubles started. The Solix unit would not recognize the Mega 360 at all. I have spent countless hours on chat and phone with Humminbird customer service. Average wait time when trying to connect to chat or on the phone is 80-90 minutes sitting on hold. Then, after all that time, you get an agent that does not have a clue what they are doing. You go through the same trouble shooting over and over with no resolution. When you ask to talk to someone who actually knows the equipment, you are told that is not an options. So after probably 20+ hours on the phone with them in the period of a week, they finally decide it is the new Solix unit. I was within a few hours drive to Eufaula, and I asked if I could just bring it in for repair. I was told that was not an option, and I needed to ship it to them. So, I shipped the Solix to them on Monday 6/8/20. They received it on Wednesday 6/10/20. On 6/11/20 I received an email stating it was the control board and that they had repaired the control board and it was shipped back to me. I received the box on 6/15/20, only to open it and find that they did not ship my brand new Solix back to me. Instead, they had shipped someone's old Helix G2 unit to me. So, here we go again. Tried contacting them this morning, only to spend 2 1/2 hours on with them trying to get this resolved. Long story short, they don't have a clue where my Solix unit is. Wasted another 2 1/2 hours of my day dealing with this. It is very apparent that they have a serious quality control and testing problem, they are in serious need of technical customer service representatives who are knowledgeable, and they desperately need more of them. There is absolutely no reason it should take and hour and a half just to get connected with someone! Also, when you are dealing with $4k units, there should be some controls to make sure you don't lose a customers equipment! I am at the end of my rope dealing with Humminbird on all of these issues. I have $9k tied up in these new electronics and it has been nothing but a mess from the day I ordered all of it. This all started in January, and 5 months later I am still dealing with the mess.
    Ouch. That's a rough one.

I can speak from personal experience and say that I've gotten amazing service from them ranging from "oh, your charger died? Here, we'll send you a brand new one, no charge. Throw the broken one in the box and send it back using the return label we will include in the box" and "oh, you bought a unit used and it's not behaving correctly and according to the serial number it's out of warranty by almost a year anyway? No problem, ship it to us and we'll take care of it, no charge (other than my cost to ship it there)" to "I'm sorry, sir, I have never used autochart pro (even though I clearly selected the 'help with mapping software' from their menu system). You can call back into the queue and perhaps the next agent you speak with will know something about that".

It's really hit or miss. Once you find someone good, write down their name and try to ask for them next time you call.

I tell you this much - I'd be HEATED if they lost a $4k graph!! I can't even imagine. Good luck man!!

16. Member
    My Mega Gen 3 10 Helix would not recognize my new 360 Mega transducer. Turned out the circuit board in the Helix was defective. I live in Scottsboro and sent the Unit to Hummingbird last Monday. . I got it back Thursday. They supplied and paid for the UPS shipping label. I live on Guntersville Lake and a four day turn around time seems outstanding . They fixed the problem.

17. Member

Well I just got a bad experience with a brand new unit just out of the box and here's the email chain this company is horrible.

Hello,

I've recently acquired a Helix 10 Mega SI G3N and I'm having a bit of a strange issue. The sd card door opens by itself. I can close the door without problems but it doesn't appear to snap or latch. It looks like there's a small bevel near the bottom where the door is supposed to catch onto the graph to prevent it from doing this but its not grabbing and I'm guessing the rubber seal is causing it to re-open (or pop) open; breaking the water tight seal therefore, I'm required to keep a piece of tape on it to secure it. Is it possible to get a replacement door? The unit was found with the door open in the factory sealed box.

Thank you
    -----
    Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your support of our products.

We currently do not sell Card Reader Doors at the moment.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free to email us again or contact our Technical Support Department at 1-800-633-1468.

Good Boating and Fishing!

Jordan Turner
    Technical Support Representative
    ------
    How do I get this problem solved? Since the door pops off withing 2 minutes and rain will enter the unit through the sd card slots

Thanks
    ---‐-
    Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your support of our products.

I would suggest putting something waterproof in that spot to keep the water out of the unit.
    You might be able to find this product Somewhere else online.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free to email us again or contact our Technical Support Department at 1-800-633-1468.

Good Boating and Fishing!

Jordan Turner
    Technical Support Representative

I cant believe this is his response. What horrible after sale customer service. Brand new unit out of the box and this is the response on a defective $2000+ product. What a joke. Beware future potential buyers

18. Member
    Call as they have suggested. Mondays are the busiest. Email can be a very slow way to get service. Bob

19. Member
    I guess I can give a short summary of my experience with customer service. Overall, I'd say it was very positive. I took advantage of the fact they are open on the weekends and was able to get a return label created and sent to me so that I could send it in the next day - a Monday. Once they received my unit, they responded via email a couple days later saying they had replaced a circuit board (my issue was the screen on my Solix 10 G2 went blank and would no longer boot up) and shipped it on back to me.

Being that I am in WA state, ground shipping to and from Alabama takes a full 5 days both ways. When I went to send it to them, I checked at the UPS Store, and it was going to be a whopping $82 for 2nd day air. To go to 3 day select was still $70 (this was the cost to send it on my own dime). So, if you are a long way from Alabama, be aware that - at least in my case - it's not cheap to get it there quickly. It's certainly not reflective of their service in any way, I just mention that their default shipping is going to be ground to and from your location, so if you're in a hurry, be aware of that. It might be wise to ask when talking to customer service what options you have to cut the time down if you need it in a hurry.
    Last edited by coftedal; 08-12-2020 at 02:18 AM. Reason: edit for content

20. Member
    I would say free shipping should be normal ground. If you need it in a hurry. Then you pay the difference. JMHO Bob

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast