View Poll Results: How Long has the Turn Around Been for your Humminbird Customer Service Experience

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than a Week

143 63.27%
  • 1 Week to 2 Weeks

46 20.35%
  • 2 Weeks to a Month

20 8.85%
  • Over a Month

17 7.52%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    So far not so good. HB keeps sending my unit back saying its good when its not. They cant explain why every HB works on my set up by my 999.

Ill get an email confirming they have received my unit. 2 hours later I get one saying its on its way back to me with no issues found. Can they really determine that in a very short time? I Guarantee whwn I get my unit back Saturday. Ill be sending it again monday... Trip number 3

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. Banned
    Tim

I have been thinking about this since we talked. The only other idea I can come up with is the 999 may have different internal demands for power. Are you sure nothing is wrong with your power supply? If you know it's OK can you find someone else that would let you try your unit on their boat?

Hey Jame,

I have the 999 hooked up to 12 gauge wire that connected directly to the battery on its own fuse.

As far as putting it on someone elses boat thats already in the works. I get the unit back tomorrow. So sunday my buddy is (the owner of the 997) is going to put ot on his boat.

My question is How does hb test the unit? Just hook it up to a computer? I ask that because Thursday mid day i got an email from they stating that my unit arrived at their service center. Thursday afternoon it was already on its way back. They did not spend that much time with it.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Ok, so I just talked to HB and pretty much advised them that they needed to go ahead and send me another shipping lable because I would be shipping my unit back monday, due to the Tech's repair notes( no issues found).

They advised that there was some confusion with my unit. The tech put the wrong repair code with my Unit. HB advised that there was a serious issue with my unit and they replaced it with a new one. She confirmed that with the serial numbers. The unit they are sending me has a new serial number.

I understand that people work their and EVERYONE makes mistakes. What Matters is HB ended up doing the right thing in the END with out really a fight.
    Last edited by Tim W; 01-22-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Up date status.

5. Member
    I was getting torqued myself. Good for you and HB! Bob

Its only fair if I share my follow up info. Hb sent me another unit after the second unit they sent me was a bad unit. This unit works great. They sent it in one day.

If you ask me thats good service

7. Member
    my 2years was close to running they repaired mine it was gone for 3days thanks hummingbird.john

8. Member
    Wow! Humminbird has just sent me a email last night saying they have fixed my Humminbird 899ci hd si unit and it is on it's way back to me. They received it on the 17 and it is on it's way back to me on the 21 that's just 4 days turn around, Wow! Humminbird is a #1 company in my book you just can't beat that type of good service. Can't wait to get it back out on the water and see those great side imaging pictures again. Wow! Fedex just handed it to me just then today is the 22. Just 5 days. Wow! Thanks everyone and a special thanks to Humminbird you and your customer and repair service are #1.

9. Member
    My Onix 10Si gps died on 3/11. I tried everything to get it back up on the water, and decided to try to call HB support from the water in South Dakota. I got thru after about ten busy signals and got into the menu. Press 1 for service, press 3 for Onix. Got that far and lost my cell connection. Moved a mile upstream, and tried again. It rang two times, and knowing the number sequence, I pressed 1 and then pressed 3. LaMitchell from CS picked up without it even ringing. He walked me thru a few things to try, and came to the conclusion it had to go back in.. He emailed me a work order number, and I headed for town, as I did not want to lose the weekend. My unit shipped to Eufaula at 3pm on Friday, and arrived on Tuesday at 12:06. (complete with SD card and Lakemaster Dakotas card in the slots :( ) Unit shipped out on 3/16 and arrived at my office on 3/19, one week to the date of when it went in. I had emailed them that I thought I had forgotten to take my chips out, and they noted that information and sent me an email back that they were indeed in the unit and I would be getting them back, which I did.

I havent had a chance to use it yet, but I trust that everything is in order, and they also updated the software.

Anxious to get it back in the boat.

Ive owned a 787, 788, 2,997s 1,1197 an 1198 and this Onix. This is the first piece that has ever had to make the trip back to Eufaula! Love my Birds!

I had a problem with my Helix 12si unit with one of the card readers not working properly and I sent an email to Customer Service with my issue on April 2nd and my wife called me at work and said the Humminbird lady called April 8th and informed me that they would be sending me another Helix 12 in the mail with a return shipping to send the old one back to them. Now that's some awesome Customer Service
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

11. Member
    The metal insert that accepts the gimbal knob on my 998C SI became loose recently which doesn't allow the gimbal knob to tighten down completely on the gimbal bracket. First issue I've ever had where I had to contact Humminbird for a repair. Spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone when I called and have sent numerous emails. Had to request a supervisor to respond after no response to my latest email in over a week. Response I received was simply it's $340 flat rate to repair the unit...pay it or no repair. I didn't expect a free repair but I definitely didn't expect to pay $340 for this kind of repair. Not very impressed with how the situation has been handled especially after hearing how great Humminbird Customer Service is.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Electronics usually have a 30 day warranty. Humminbird has great customer service well beyond that. Sonar units do not have lifetime warranties, period.

Choices,
    Super glue the unit to the gimbal, and go on.
    Give it to a young fisherman, and buy a new Helix.
    Buy a Lowrance unit, be a HB hater, and regret it forever

13. Member
    Humminbird has awesome customer service IMO. Been almost a year ago but i had issues with interference on a 798si. Unit was 2 years old at that time. Tech gave me several ideas, emailed me some instructions, sent a free ferrite ring, and ultimately when none of that worked, sent me a new transducer. Two year old unit, mind you. Still didnt fix the interference lol, but they did everything they possibly could and were very helpful and friendly along the way.
    Paul

15. Banned
    I am just speaking on customer service via phone and email. I never can get them on the phone and it takes a week for an email answer.
    I have owned a new 2010 Ranger all Humminbird, a new 2012 Basscat P4 all Humminbird, a new 2014 Ranger all Humminbird. (Current boat)
    My 999ci hd si is not reading right. I know its the 2d shoot thru hull transducer.

I checked a few months ago puck was not lose. Now it seems to read even worse, was fine for about the 1st year. The boat was bought new in Aug 2014. I think im out of warranty by 6 months. I am surprised they wouldnt send me a new transducer or offer some sort of discount. This happened twice on my other ranger and now this one. Filling the back with water didnt help it, when I plug the SI ducer to unit it works but since its mounted on bottom of boat from ranger it dont read over 5mph. I am even going to replace the y cable. I have heard plenty of people with this issue. They buy a new thru hull 2d ducer and still have problems. The lady on the phone was rude and didnt give a shit. She said buy a new transdcuer or stay with a non working unit she didnt care. Even had a person on their online chat same the same thing. I WILL NEVER own a boat with Humminbird again. Sad they are made in Alabama and thats where I live.

Some times you get back what you give..
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    Waiting to see what HB will do for my 977. Problems with the SI after I updated it. I tried many things for over a month with no change except now it is locked in the loading screen after trying re installing a few different updates. Called them and rep said there is nothing they can do because it is no longer serviceable and offered no other advise. I know its not new but only had 197 hrs on it. Two days later I got a follow up email generated from the phone call - If there is anything we can do please email. So I emailed back and said no and explained there rep said it was no longer serviceable so I am in the process of purchasing 2 units from a different manufacture. I got an immediate email back saying they will be contacting me quickly. That was Thursday night and today is Sunday so I am waiting till this week for them to contact me. Hopefully they will contact me early part of the week.

19. Member
    Well its Wednesday, HB has not contacted me yet after saying they would "contact me quickly" I have nothing good to say for CS..................................

20. Member
    Has anyone had trouble with the ant 9 si 180t transducer? i have a HB Helix 7 si that is about a month old. I'm fixing to order the 3rd transducer for it. Has anyone had experience with them standing behind their "hinge Mount" transducer mounts? I have it transom mounted, flush with the bottom of the transom on a '05 Nitro nx898 and instead of it kicking up like its supposed to it breaks the mount off and pulls the cable from the transducer. This is getting expensive, the 2nd transducer was only in the water once.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast