Question Prop Advice from the Guru's

'05 Stratos 201 DC with a '21 250 SHO, 25 pitch Yami prop that came with it. No matter where I put the Bob's Hydraulic JP I can only get 71/72. Here's the deal though, if I have the JP lower my rpms are between 5500 and 5600, when I raise it they are between 5900 and 6000 rpms. I know the limit is 6000 rpms, so I stop playing with it when it gets there. It doesn't matter what the rpms are, where my JP is, or how much I play with the motor trim, my speed stays the same. Didn't want to ask this question till we got everything situated in the boat, just put lithium trolling batteries in, so now I am ready to dial her in. I believe she has at least 75 or 76 in her!! Any help and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Don't have a ton of money to throw at props, so hopefully I can get it right or close to right on the first try , unless I am able to find somewhere or someone to borrow props from to try. Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Sounds like a lot of slip when you raise it. More cup may help

3. Member
    Send your prop to Mark Croxton and have it balanced, blueprinted and a little cup added. Set your jp to achieve 5950 rpms at WOT. That boat should run 75-77 mph easy!

4. Member
    I think I remember reading that Mark Croxton had a prop that he made that was good on the SHO. Anybody know anything about that?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpadge View Post
    I think I remember reading that Mark Croxton had a prop that he made that was good on the SHO. Anybody know anything about that?
    Talk to Croxton about his Razor 4XL.