My first screen shots

Tell me what you guy's think.

2. Member

Re: My first screen shots (11pounder)

At first I tough it was a road bed, but whit the down image it looks more like a dam or a wall with a rip-rap....

3. Member

Re: My first screen shots (Akio)

11 pounder, that is a nice shot. You did very well with the screen capture. To me, it looks like a concreet or asphalt road that might go over a creek or arroyo but might be elevated some and that one side had deterioated or been knocked down. When you look at the left side toward the end, it does look like it narrows a little and could be some kind of embankment and that might be the end of it and go to dirt road. But...I'm gonna say its a very cool road bed with higher rail sidings in that area.

Also, it looks like you went from a deeper area to a more shallow area as you were heading toward the roadway and beyond. I'm not real good at reading these pictures and I'm still very new to it.

The SI images are great. I'm curious on the DI image as one looks like the contrast or something is very high. What unit do you have and do you remember your settings? You are doing very well with your HB SI. Just a great picture, thanks for posting.

Ron

Re: My first screen shots (Flattman)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Flattman &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">11 pounder, that is a nice shot. You did very well with the screen capture. To me, it looks like a concreet or asphalt road that might go over a creek or arroyo but might be elevated some and that one side had deterioated or been knocked down. When you look at the left side toward the end, it does look like it narrows a little and could be some kind of embankment and that might be the end of it and go to dirt road. But...I'm gonna say its a very cool road bed with higher rail sidings in that area.

Also, it looks like you went from a deeper area to a more shallow area as you were heading toward the roadway and beyond. I'm not real good at reading these pictures and I'm still very new to it.

The SI images are great. I'm curious on the DI image as one looks like the contrast or something is very high. What unit do you have and do you remember your settings? You are doing very well with your HB SI. Just a great picture, thanks for posting.

Ron</td></tr></table>It's a 798 the settings are fairly close to default but I don't remember exactly what they were.

5. Member

Re: My first screen shots (11pounder)

Thanks 11Pounder...that's the unit I have, i.e. a 798ci SI. I like the unit. The other day I tried the brown pallett and was amazed at how it looked. I had never tried that one, but I was happy with the way it looked. There is a setting for just the Down Imaging and I have been playing with that and the contrast on the Down Imaging and have been impressed with that color on the DI. Also, with the small screen on the 798 sometimes I will run it about 45 feet and only select one side and get a pretty good picture. It makes it look a little bigger to me that way. I can can still scan a large are doing that but I feel I get better detail. I get the prettiest pictures with the enhance off but can find fish better with it on. I'm pretty close to default settings but still like to adjust them to what seems best under different light conditions.

Your doing great...hang in there.

Ron

6. Moderator

Re: My first screen shots (Flattman)

sailboat bridge grand lake!

7. Member

Re: My first screen shots (Rollo331)

Rollo331, is this "SailBoat" Bridge what your saying it is?

http://digital.library.okstate....html

If that's it, that's one of the coolest things in the world and that is a "TRULY" great shot. Thanks.

Ron

Re: My first screen shots (Rollo331)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Rollo331 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">sailboat bridge grand lake!</td></tr></table>Nope this is on Fort Gibson.