Fortrex and minn Kota interference

I am getting interference from my minn Kota 101 on my HDS unit mounted at the bow. Only occurs when trolling motor is engaged and only at depths greater than 30 feet. Any suggestions?

Justin B.

2. Member
    no suggestions here i have tried everything under the sun. ive been told the 101 is just crap with interference and to get another trolling motor

3. Member
    Seems strange it only occurs at depths greater than 30'. Normally interference from the TM isn't dependent on water depth.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    your other depthfinder is on power it off. and/or unplug your back transducer

Quote Originally Posted by jbankston View Post
    I am getting interference from my minn Kota 101 on my HDS unit mounted at the bow. Only occurs when trolling motor is engaged and only at depths greater than 30 feet. Any suggestions?
    In Reference to interference showing up in depths deeper than 30 ft.:
    I have seen this on my HDS9 and it relates to the “surface clarity” and “noise Rejection” settings. When I had the problem, my Surface Clarity was set on Medium but the Noise Rejection was set on Low. Top of the screen was clear but the interference showed up deeper. I set both to medium and the interference no longer appeared.
    As for the source of the interference:
    I refer you to the following diagnostic method posted by another member. I had tried everything to eliminate my interference all to no avail but the method described under the “Conduction Interference “ section solved my problem. IMO, your setup is even more likely to have this problem because of the the 36 volt system.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching