Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a minn kota 315 charger and last night when I went to plug it in. the middle bank light wont come on at all the other two are working so how do I tell if its charging the battery on the middle bank . I checked the inline fuses on it there ok thanks for any info .

2. Member
    If you have no lights on that battery you better call Minn Kota. You could switch wires with another but there is not even a condition in the manual that shows no leds . Bob

3. Member
    Ok, I've read troubleshooting, this thread, and everything else I can find. I don't ever get home in time to call Minn Kota, but I'm going to try if I can't get an explanation here.

MK210D, new, 2 new Interstate batteries. Batteries read 13.0V with charger off, both banks read 14.3+/- with charger on. Tested all fuses, connections, ohmed out leads from fuse block to terminal. Everything checks out good and batteries work fine.

When plugged in Bank 2 works as expected. Yellow, then yellow flashing, then green. All is good.

Bank 1 when you first plug in flashes yellow, and red stays lit. I checked polarity, water, standing voltage. I also swapped batteries with leads, stayed on Bank 1. Weird thing to me is that it has a red light, but is still charging the battery like everything is fine. From what I read in troubleshooting, bank 1 should shut down with a red LED lit.

I'm thinking something wrong out of the box with this unit, but I'll listen to your advice on this. Thanks for your help and what you do for this board.

DB

4. Member
    Rechecked this morning. The green lights on both banks flashing indicating maintenance mode, but Bank 1 still has the red light on. Constant, not blinking if I did not clarify that before.

5. Member
    Called minn kota support. They have never heard of this and are sending me a new charger.

6. Member
    My minn Kota 4 bank charger has a yellow and a green light on for all 4 banks- before it was plugged in! They would not go off until I pulled each fuse.
    anyone ever had that happen?

7. Member
    3.5 year old 460PC. Banks 2-4 have worked flawlessly since day one. Bank 1 has given me multiple issues but because it's not consistent Minn Kota told me they didn't believe me while it was still in warranty.

Now bank 1 is still showing a single yellow light (indicating its charging) after 3 hours. When testing the voltage it only shows 11.45v, same as what the battery reads with charger disconnected. Swapped leads, 2 over to 1 and lead 2 charges battery 1 fine. I don't want to try the other way, 1 over to 2 because I think the charger has ruined an Odyssey 2150 and don't want to ruin another $450 battery. It appears bank 1 is now completely shot.

It has melted 1 30amp fuse without popping the fuse somehow which leads me to want to cut the fuse holders off and test it but I've checked continuity through them and they appear fine.

Any ideas or is the $400 less then 4 year old charger gone? Thanks

8. Member
    I have a MK330D that is only putting out 11.2 volts on one of the leads. It’s out of warranty. I can’t find a similar issue posted here or anywhere else. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I have a MK330D that is only putting out 11.2 volts on one of the leads. It’s out of warranty. I can’t find a similar issue posted here or anywhere else. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!
    Check the fuse.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Check the fuse.
    Fuses on both leads are good

11. Member
    I think you may be reading battery voltage instead of charger output. The battery may be too low for the charger to "see" and turn on. Swap the charger leads with another battery and see what happens.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    I think you may be reading battery voltage instead of charger output. The battery may be too low for the charger to "see" and turn on. Swap the charger leads with another battery and see what happens.
    John
    It reads 11v on the meter when disconnected from the battery. I agree that it’s strange. One other lead is dead and the third works fine. I may just save myself the trouble (but not the money) and replace it as it’s several years old.

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    It reads 11v on the meter when disconnected from the battery. I agree that it’s strange. One other lead is dead and the third works fine. I may just save myself the trouble (but not the money) and replace it as it’s several years old.
    You won’t get good readings when the charger isn’t connected to the battery.
    nothing else matters.​

14. Member
    As mentioned above, the charger has to be connected to the battery to tell the charger to turn on. won't give you a good reading. To get a good reading, measure battery voltage without charger on, turn charger on, give it about 10minutes, and take another reading. You should see apx 2V higher than battery voltage.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

15. Member
    Hi there,

I have simple question, 2x100ah flooded batteries connected in parallel (=200ah/12V) connected to MinnKota battery charger MK110PC (one chargin bank @ 10amp), can I run equalization mode? Charging works fine, not sure whether equalization mode will be ok as well.

Thanks in advance
    Rgds
    abcdddd

16. Member
    Is there any way to fix a heat sensor in a 460 PC out of warranty?
    Last edited by blue perch; 09-29-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

17. Member

MK220PC 1 bank LED not working

Hi there,

on my mk220pc, charging 2 flooded batteries in 24v system, 1 bank working fine, on the other one LED went completely off. Tried to swap between batteries still the same. Any idea/advice here? Pls help...

Thx

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdddd View Post
    Hi there,

on my mk220pc, charging 2 flooded batteries in 24v system, 1 bank working fine, on the other one LED went completely off. Tried to swap between batteries still the same. Any idea/advice here? Pls help...

Thx
    Call MK. Your charger has failed
    nothing else matters.​

19. Member
    Thanks, curious how will they solve such issue with customer based in Europe. Will give it a try.

20. Member
    There are different chargers for International and US.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast