Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    There are different chargers for International and US.
    Hello, in what respect different? Only diff I can tell is plug, but that what for plug reductions have been invented.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdddd View Post
    Hello, in what respect different? Only diff I can tell is plug, but that what for plug reductions have been invented.
    Likely input Voltage and frequency. US power for small appliances is normally 120V, 60Hz.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I have a Minn Kota 3 bank on board charging system ( MK315D )its about 2 years old and all my batterys are the same age, I've had 0 problems until last week I went flounder gigging and my 80# riptide Minn kota only lasted about 4 Hours ( which has always lasted me all night long ) and then went again Saturday night and the same thing happen 4 hours , I checked all connections everything's good and the charger shows it charging the it shows the battery's are on full charge, I wonder if the battery's water level has gotten low, has anyone else had something simpler happen thanks guys

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    I have a Minn Kota 3 bank on board charging system ( MK315D )its about 2 years old and all my batterys are the same age, I've had 0 problems until last week I went flounder gigging and my 80# riptide Minn kota only lasted about 4 Hours ( which has always lasted me all night long ) and then went again Saturday night and the same thing happen 4 hours , I checked all connections everything's good and the charger shows it charging the it shows the battery's are on full charge, I wonder if the battery's water level has gotten low, has anyone else had something simpler happen thanks guys
    The most likely issue is that your batteries are worn out. Every time you use them, they lose a little capacity, and the harder you use them the more capacity they lose. Next time you fish, take a voltmeter and measure each battery just after you start fishing. You want those numbers to be very close to each other. Next measure the batteries when you notice power loss. If the readings are close to each other, it's probably time for new batteries. If there is more than a tenth of a volt or so difference, you have one weak battery, but at 2 years it's probably best to replace them both.
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I came home this weekend to find a “check connection” light on the bank 3 of my Minn Kota 330D 3-Bank Charger. I removed and cleaned all of the terminals and I have now been getting a solid yellow light ("bulk charge") on bank 3 for about 36 hours. The battery is warm (not hot, 84 degrees based on the test). The other two banks are indicating fully charged. I switched the banks to different batteries and the solid yellow light followed the battery. I left it on the charger again overnight and it was still on solid yellow this morning. I took it to Interstate this morning and it had 12.68V with 1154 CCA. The battery is a 3-yr old Optima Blue Top AGM D27M.

Is the battery just taking a long time to charge or is just done in a way not picked up by the tester? I would think at 12.68V it would switch over to a yellow flashing light "absorption" mode.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I came home this weekend to find a “check connection” light on the bank 3 of my Minn Kota 330D 3-Bank Charger. I removed and cleaned all of the terminals and I have now been getting a solid yellow light ("bulk charge") on bank 3 for about 36 hours. The battery is warm (not hot, 84 degrees based on the test). The other two banks are indicating fully charged. I switched the banks to different batteries and the solid yellow light followed the battery. I left it on the charger again overnight and it was still on solid yellow this morning. I took it to Interstate this morning and it had 12.68V with 1154 CCA. The battery is a 3-yr old Optima Blue Top AGM D27M.

Is the battery just taking a long time to charge or is just done in a way not picked up by the tester? I would think at 12.68V it would switch over to a yellow flashing light "absorption" mode.

12.68V is probably too low for a fully charged Optima blue top battery. Everything but the 34 is supposed to measure over 13V at full charge.
    nothing else matters.​

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar

12.68V is probably too low for a fully charged Optima blue top battery. Everything but the 34 is supposed to measure over 13V at full charge.
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post

So you think its done or it needs to be on the charger longer?

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Either is possible. I’d bet it’s toast, but leaving it to charge a couple of days is free.
    nothing else matters.​

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Either is possible. I’d bet it’s toast, but leaving it to charge a couple of days is free.
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post

Thanks, so long as you don't think it risks any harm.

12. Member
    I have MK315D. Was preparing for trip last week when I unhooked all lights were green or blinking which is normal for the 10 years I’ve owned it. Got on water very little power for 36V system maybe 1/3 . Got back to house went to check all connection and wrench touched side of rear well heard pop and saw a little smoke . One indicator went red. I found 2 blown fuses one I could change without sparking and another that keep sparking and blowing when I try to change out. Checked all connections replaced 3 that looked suspect but weren’t . Still can’t change fuse still showing red. All batteries are good. Did i fry the charger ? TIA

13. Member
    I have a MK460 and one bank is blinking green and yellow at the same time, can anyone help me please

14. Member
    Posted on your other post. Link to manual. Page 13 for led meanings. https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...rPrecision.pdf

15. Member
    I have the MK460PC 4 bank charger and battery 1 was not charging. Load tested and it was bad so I bought a new one today and put it in. After 2 hours it was still only reading 25%. So I pushed the battery selection button and all lights go out on bank 1. No power button, no red error button, nothing all lights are gone. Banks 2-4 have all lights and all batteries fully charged. Checked fuses for battery 1 and they are fine. Has anyone had this happen to them or has anyone ever heard of this issue? I have tried holding that button in to reset but nothing happens. I even unplugged it and left it unplugged for and hour to see if it would reset itself and nothing.....

16. Member
    Did you try unhooking the leads from the battery and plugging the charger back in? You will get some error indication with it unhooked. If it is still dead it sounds bad.

Minn Kota 460D- Over 6 yrs old. Boat has been sitting for over a year. I have had the charger plugged in the whole time. One 4 yr old battery went bad during this time. A few of the cells were dry when I removed it. One of the in line fuses was also blown. The bank of the charger at this battery showed Red-check connection. When I replaced the battery and hooked up the charger it would keep blowing the in line fuses. I swapped battery leads and the same bank would still blow the inline fuse. I assume that this bank of the charger is bad or ruined. Can these be repaired? If not I will probably just keep it and charge the three TM batteries with it and hook up a single charger to the cranking battery.
    Thank You.

18. Member
    Have a Minn Kotta 330 D
    Bank light two flashes yellow for about a minute and then goes off with no other lights
    bank 1 & 3 work like they should
    swapped leads from one battery to another same issue. Changed fuses as well
    What could be the issue next to check

19. Member
    What was the same. Same battery or same leads? The only flashing yellow in the manual signify's the charger is in absorption mode. You will have to call minn kota to see what that means. Not in the manual I could find. The lights are described on page 16 in the manual.
    Manual link: https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...gerDigital.pdf
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Welp.. 1 more question on the "light readout" i had just replaced 1 of my 3 trolling batteries but now after a few days of being back on charge... now im getting a red and yellow light staying ON on bank #3... bank2 was the dead battery i replaced (which was only a year old) the 2 other trolling batteries are the same age

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast