Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    I have a minn kota 315 charger and last night when I went to plug it in. the middle bank light wont come on at all the other two are working so how do I tell if its charging the battery on the middle bank . I checked the inline fuses on it there ok thanks for any info .

2. Member
    If you have no lights on that battery you better call Minn Kota. You could switch wires with another but there is not even a condition in the manual that shows no leds . Bob

3. Member
    Ok, I've read troubleshooting, this thread, and everything else I can find. I don't ever get home in time to call Minn Kota, but I'm going to try if I can't get an explanation here.

MK210D, new, 2 new Interstate batteries. Batteries read 13.0V with charger off, both banks read 14.3+/- with charger on. Tested all fuses, connections, ohmed out leads from fuse block to terminal. Everything checks out good and batteries work fine.

When plugged in Bank 2 works as expected. Yellow, then yellow flashing, then green. All is good.

Bank 1 when you first plug in flashes yellow, and red stays lit. I checked polarity, water, standing voltage. I also swapped batteries with leads, stayed on Bank 1. Weird thing to me is that it has a red light, but is still charging the battery like everything is fine. From what I read in troubleshooting, bank 1 should shut down with a red LED lit.

I'm thinking something wrong out of the box with this unit, but I'll listen to your advice on this. Thanks for your help and what you do for this board.

DB

4. Member
    Rechecked this morning. The green lights on both banks flashing indicating maintenance mode, but Bank 1 still has the red light on. Constant, not blinking if I did not clarify that before.

5. Member
    Called minn kota support. They have never heard of this and are sending me a new charger.

6. Member
    My minn Kota 4 bank charger has a yellow and a green light on for all 4 banks- before it was plugged in! They would not go off until I pulled each fuse.
    anyone ever had that happen?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456